IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,795 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 56.
#901 1 year ago

Lol, you are full of the worst opinions today.

Quoted from Bmad21:

Said the guy who went bananas over open source software and hardware.

#902 1 year ago

When the artwork doesn't line up with the In lanes at all that's not good too look at plus under the PF most of the t nuts don't fit in and off centred so just grap better off restoring your old one and you got something when asked he just says its with in reason YA Right not going in any of my games for HUO and I am sure there many guys says the same thing

#903 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

People surprised at playfield wear.
Ladies and gentlemen things wear out. You play something more with high frequency you will wear it out faster.
It's like we convinced ourselves this can't happen in pinball.
You have a ball, metal using friction gliding and rolling and banging into things and things breaking, shocking isn't?
When it comes to dimpling you act like it's a war crime and it shouldn't happen.
But people on here get freaked out because nature does its thing. Nothing in this world is truly indestructible except for one thing.
At some point indestructible things get worn out and become destructible.
Playfield wear and tear is a fact of life.
Dimpling is a fact of life.
Who knew that people playing pinball for hours on end for months is make things wear down quicker.

You, good sir, post like a troll. Did you see the picture of a month old funhouse playfield? One could play an original funhouse playfield 24/7 for a year and it would never look like that. Mircos playfields are legitimately defective. Period. I got two. Both sucked. My Gorgar chipped and took clear and paint off the scoop on the first ball. FIRST BALL. The other, the entire hole pattern was rotated off the rectangle of plywood by 15 degrees. Comically bad. So, no. You’re just wrong. Or a shill. Or both.

#904 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

I'm just being made aware of activity on this thread ... if anyone has an issue with Mirco with respect to WMS/BLY playfields, send me an email as to what the issue is (pics are a plus), timings (when purchased, when issue realized, etc), what communication has been with Mirco, and what the situation is, and I would discuss with him specific situations that are open. FYIW, we have been selling Mirco playfields and have had very few issues, I suspect due to the fact that often the playfields have had a long time to cure/harden (when that is the issue), clearly there are other issues with playfields, but I don't recall having had to bring to Mirco's attention anything since a long time.
Let me know at [email protected]
While there are sometimes good reasons for bad situations, nonetheless, it's a large purchase and although Mirco is financially responsible, we do have some influence on some of these matters.
Team PPS

I think there was issues with Indiana Jones, extra red lipstick or wine on Wllies teeth. Looks like Micro might have a fix tho?
FAF7C6AE-E2ED-4F1F-9668-30DC3D636AF9 (resized).jpegFAF7C6AE-E2ED-4F1F-9668-30DC3D636AF9 (resized).jpeg

CA61D202-9082-4877-B072-5A5ECB0C65F2 (resized).jpegCA61D202-9082-4877-B072-5A5ECB0C65F2 (resized).jpeg
#905 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

So David ... that is not really what happened, and I have the helpdesk text ... you had put the in the helpdesk text that the blue is a different shade of blue than your playfield. Without having the specific decal and without knowing all of the variations of the playfield artwork as well as the degree of fade on any one pf (and there were quite a bit of variations on most artwork), we had let you know that depending on the fading and the original colors, etc, that the best attempt was made to have a blue that works as there is no definite color - as well as to match to a faded playfield.
What the person who responded (which was not me but one of my staff) indicated that on 30 year old playfields there are issues with matching and what to match to, etc - and the finally statement was to return the item to MOP and see if you have find one in the US (PPS, etc) that has a better color to your liking.
As to whether ALL decals have holograms on them ... no, not all do nor is it a requirement that they do. We had said that MOP being a reseller we assume unless and until we are given any evidence that they are selling unlicensed goods.
Rick

Rick this sure sounds like a lot of words that match his brief summary of "basically it is what it is"

#906 1 year ago

Since planetary decided to chime in… I’ll link this thread as further proof that planetary could care less about the quality, guarantees, or customer service of their licensees. CPR makes junk under license with no concern just like Mirco.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-warranty-in-australia-

#907 1 year ago

I sourced the Quicksilver playfield for a scan with the agreement that I just had it restored and wanted it back. Yeah go F yourself Chris I never agreed to that. Consider yourself lucky to get the original plastics you sent me. Hey Jirco how many Quicksilver playfields have you sold?

#908 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

I didn’t know and it makes sense.
This guy deserve a class action... what a crook: he is everywhere...
Future subject for Netflix !

Well let’s face it, he’s a better business man than most of us.
Even though he’s a crook, he definitely has us beat.

#909 1 year ago

FWIW Rick has also stated he'd talk with Classic Arcades in the past about their quality issues and literally nothing has changed with them either. I wouldn't get your hopes up about anything Rick says.

#910 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

FWIW Rick has also stated he'd talk with Classic Arcades in the past about their quality issues and literally nothing has changed with them either. I wouldn't get your hopes up about anything Rick says.

What I do and will do is forward any issue to any of our suppliers with complaints of quality and work with them to get a resolution if you cannot come to one yourself.

What I won't do is deal with generalities, so if you have a specific issue on a specific product that you cannot get a resolution with then let me know.

I've already heard back from Mirco ... so will be digging into any issues ... which I've had one email so far.

rick

#911 1 year ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Soooo, there is a problem with the playfields since there is no flowing to a low spot. Manufacture defect?

There is a major problem with adherence.

#912 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:What I do and will do is forward any issue to any of our suppliers with complaints of quality and work with them to get a resolution if you cannot come to one yourself.
What I won't do is deal with generalities, so if you have a specific issue on a specific product that you cannot get a resolution with then let me know.
I've already heard back from Mirco ... so will be digging into any issues ... which I've had one email so far.
rick

Yes yes, many of us have seen this song and dance before. Respectfully, I will believe things when I start hearing of RESULTS, until then, this is just more talk. I'm happy to hear you're taking an interest. Lets see how it works out this time. If positive results are gained, its good for everyone in the hobby! I appreciate the PM, but its not my job to do your job for you either. When so many people know something is a problem and you're seemingly the last one to find out...not confidence inspiring. I'm not trying to be combative at all, I'm just spelling things out in black and white. I'll be the first to say that without you, we'd probably be in a much worse spot, so thank you for the good things you do do. I hope things work out.

#913 1 year ago

Ill get you an email with pictures this weekend.

Quoted from PPS:

What I do and will do is forward any issue to any of our suppliers with complaints of quality and work with them to get a resolution if you cannot come to one yourself.
rick

#914 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

So David ... that is not really what happened, and I have the helpdesk text ... you had put the in the helpdesk text that the blue is a different shade of blue than your playfield. Without having the specific decal and without knowing all of the variations of the playfield artwork as well as the degree of fade on any one pf (and there were quite a bit of variations on most artwork), we had let you know that depending on the fading and the original colors, etc, that the best attempt was made to have a blue that works as there is no definite color - as well as to match to a faded playfield.
What the person who responded (which was not me but one of my staff) indicated that on 30 year old playfields there are issues with matching and what to match to, etc - and the finally statement was to return the item to MOP and see if you have find one in the US (PPS, etc) that has a better color to your liking.
As to whether ALL decals have holograms on them ... no, not all do nor is it a requirement that they do. We had said that MOP being a reseller we assume unless and until we are given any evidence that they are selling unlicensed goods.
Rick

MOP told me you want to see Pinball Center’s as they just scan them and are unlicensed so copy’s, I know better not to buy from there though!
I’m used to the light blue now, better than it was but disappointing at the time.

769E3DBE-A5B2-4710-A5BC-D15C770CA168 (resized).jpeg769E3DBE-A5B2-4710-A5BC-D15C770CA168 (resized).jpeg
#915 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

To be fair Rick it's been one day so it's not surprising that you have only one email thus far. A lot of the people that have posted their problems may not be following up on this thread.

If you look back at this thread you will see there's certainly issues with Mirco. One alarming one is post #852 where after 30 days the playfield is shot.

You posting here advising people to send examples of issues is great but I think you just opened yourself up to be Mirco's customer service now. As you can see, if you go back and read this thread, most people have already reached out to him and he refuses to help.

#916 1 year ago

I would also say most of us dont have any hope that anything will come from this - but since hes asking I will send. Not sure its worth my time - hope I am proven wrong.

Quoted from meSz:

To be fair Rick it's been one day so it's not surprising that you have only one email thus far. A lot of the people that have posted their problems may not be following up on this thread.
If you look back at this thread you will see there's certainly issues with Mirco. One alarming one is post #852 where after 30 days the playfield is shot.
You posting here advising people to send examples of issues is great but I think you just opened yourself up to be Mirco's customer service now. As you can see, if you go back and read this thread, most people have already reached out to him and he refuses to help.

#917 1 year ago

The quality of licensed parts across the board is extremely poor these days.
I have been at this for over twenty years and it’s at an all time low
Peeling plastics,pooling playfields,terrible cabinet art and bubbling backglasses are the absolute norm it seems not the exception unfortunately. Even little things like spinner decals,apron decals and the like are on the quality level of a postage stamp.
That’s not a shot at anyone it’s a true and honest evaluation from a guy that uses these products daily and knows exactly what to expect.
We don’t have as many parts today as we have had in years past.
When most go out of stock they never return.
If they do it is often a lesser version becoming a copy of a copy of a copy.
There are some exceptions but it’s the opposite of what it should be.
The exceptions should be the problematic parts not the good ones.
If anyone is truly paying attention and cares this is my unbiased alarm signal.

#918 1 year ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

The quality of licensed parts across the board is extremely poor these days.
I have been at this for over twenty years and it’s at an all time low
Peeling plastics,pooling playfields,terrible cabinet art and bubbling backglasses are the absolute norm it seems not the exception unfortunately. Even little things like spinner decals,apron decals and the like are on the quality level of a postage stamp.
That’s not a shot at anyone it’s a true and honest evaluation from a guy that uses these products daily and knows exactly what to expect.
We don’t have as many parts today as we have had in years past.
When most go out of stock they never return.
If they do it is often a lesser version becoming a copy of a copy of a copy.
There are some exceptions but it’s the opposite of what it should be.
The exceptions should be the problematic parts not the good ones.
If anyone is truly paying attention and cares this is my unbiased alarm signal.

THIS ^^ Exactly THIS ^^ OMG if there was a way to post this on a billboard. I don't have anywhere near the exposure that you do but I can tell you that my experience is the same. I hardly buy any new parts that have art on them because inevitably I loose the dice roll. It's WAY less stress to just stick with the OEM stuff in whatever state it currently is.

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

Here's my experience with it all. I knew of the Mirco clear coat issues people were experiencing, but I needed an IJ playfield. Mirco was the only option, but I wasn't about to waste 100+ hours on a playfield swap only to have flaking/pooling issues develop, so I bought the Mirco IJ and spent the extra $$$ to have a professional properly re-clear as a preventative for peace of mind. It would be nice for Mirco to acknowledge whatever issues they were (or are) having, and publicly announce when they have worked out the problems. For Mirco to continue to stay silent, it continues to be a tough decision about buying from them. We will likely never know if processes changed because of al the chatter, but it sure would be nice. My 2 cents...

#920 1 year ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Here's my experience with it all. I knew of the Mirco clear coat issues people were experiencing, but I needed an IJ playfield. Mirco was the only option, but I wasn't about to waste 100+ hours on a playfield swap only to have flaking/pooling issues develop, so I bought the Mirco IJ and spent the extra $$$ to have a professional properly re-clear as a preventative for peace of mind. It would be nice for Mirco to acknowledge whatever issues they were (or are) having, and publicly announce when they have worked out the problems. For Mirco to continue to stay silent, it continues to be a tough decision about buying from them. We will likely never know if processes changed because of al the chatter, but it sure would be nice. My 2 cents...

That’s also part of the issue: for many new playfields, Mirco is the only option. There no competition whatsoever and he doesn’t care about retrofitting, refund, changing coslty manufacturing process, fixing, organize a good customer service, building a good image with his brand: it’s all about maximizing the maximum of profit Vs staying in business and keeping good relation with PPS. I think this would be the only leverage if a level of quality wasn’t there like he could lose the license kind of stuff but we all know this is not going to happen anytime soon.

If one day, another company join the business to build new playfields, I think he will know about it ... and feel it with his incomes.

#921 1 year ago

I sent Mirco my original playfield for whirlwind as the template for the reproduction, expecting to get back an easy playfield swap since all dimples were expected to be an exact match. That was not the case, some were way off. Additionally, I’m missing the “NE” insert lettering, like others who received this reproduction. Mirco ghosted me and offered no solution to the issue. This is documented earlier in the thread.

0B47F3D8-F870-49DE-85ED-604DC02B7533 (resized).jpeg0B47F3D8-F870-49DE-85ED-604DC02B7533 (resized).jpeg
#922 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

Will you report on progress (or lack of) with Micro here?

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Will you report on progress (or lack of) with Micro here?

Sure ... had a call with Mirco earlier today ... have had one persion with an issue that we are resolving to his satisfaction, and at this point I have no other messages in my email ...

Also, had an exchange with CPR on the AU issue, and what they are doing regarding that and how they plan to go forward with shipments to AU and seems to be working thus far. I asked them to check on any outstanding customers with issues that they can resolve - so if there is anyone in AU, let me know and I will see if we can get this addressed.

#925 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Sure ... had a call with Mirco earlier today ... have had one persion with an issue that we are resolving to his satisfaction, and at this point I have no other messages in my email ...
Also, had an exchange with CPR on the AU issue, and what they are doing regarding that and how they plan to go forward with shipments to AU and seems to be working thus far. I asked them to check on any outstanding customers with issues that they can resolve - so if there is anyone in AU, let me know and I will see if we can get this addressed.

Thank you, Rick.

To be clear, I haven't purchased a Micro product directly, but some of my pins have/had Mirco playfields (Houdini, Dialed In - no issues). But given their recent track record, I would not buy a product (or a pin that has their PF) from Mirco until this is sorted out. I don't even consider buying a JJP pin an option nowadays, regardless of the theme because of Mirco.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#926 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

You just posted to this thread yesterday, it will take time for everyone affected to find out. Assuming they haven't sold, re-cleared, thrown away, or whatever with their bad playfield. Perhaps someone should make T-shirts advertising Mirco's new support email, start wearing them to shows so the word gets out... Also, I assume you can only help with WMS licensed material, while many of us (including myself) got burned on classic Stern and other playfields. Mirco is screwing up a lot more than just your stuff.

Bottom line: you really should find another manufacturer for your licensed playfields.

#927 1 year ago

Totally understand ... the only thing I wonder is ... when a vendor 'fixes' their problem (and there have been many vendors with one or more problems) ... how do they go from being a 'do not touch' to 'ok' ... not just with Mirco, but with anyone ... seems easy to flash warnings on pinside, but when the vendor fixes the problem, then how do those warnings go away?

#928 1 year ago

If he actually fixed the problem I'd bet word gets around quickly-- people really want to buy these playfields. Thing is, how will we know when there's an attempt to fix; is Mirco going to announce a new manufacturing process or even tweaks to help with the problem at some point?

#929 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Totally understand ... the only thing I wonder is ... when a vendor 'fixes' their problem (and there have been many vendors with one or more problems) ... how do they go from being a 'do not touch' to 'ok' ... not just with Mirco, but with anyone ... seems easy to flash warnings on pinside, but when the vendor fixes the problem, then how do those warnings go away?

The best way is to have the vendor post the issue found (acknowledgment) what was done to correct the problem. Make the fix available to a reputable party such as HEP to confirm and the timing of the fix to production.

#930 1 year ago

Unfortunately playfield manufacturers don't grow on trees ... any for anyone new it takes years and many mistakes to get things decent ... and then often they are tripped up by something (ink changes, chemical changes, process changes, regulation changes, etc). These are low volume endeavors very expensive to get all the elements lined up to call it a business, which is why the options are so few ... just the nature of that business. So, prefer to work with Mirco to move him in the right direction than to shut dozens of playfields down which will not be made for years if at all ... I guess hardtops would be the solution then ...

So, I prefer to try to solve problems than destroy people's ability to have a product in the marketplace. There have been hundreds of Mirco products sold, and there are not hundreds of complaints. We have a number of them and sell them without issues. We also have the option for customer to see the playfield in detail before we ship, which I think would help in some cases.

So anyone with issues, let me know, and we will advocate for you and try to get your situation in front of the supplier and resolved as best we can.

Team PPS

#931 1 year ago

Some of us have communicated with no response - respect though - email with information requested coming

Quoted from PPS:

Unfortunately playfield manufacturers don't grow on trees ... any for anyone new it takes years and many mistakes to get things decent ... and then often they are tripped up by something (ink changes, chemical changes, process changes, regulation changes, etc). These are low volume endeavors very expensive to get all the elements lined up to call it a business, which is why the options are so few ... just the nature of that business. So, prefer to work with Mirco to move him in the right direction than to shut dozens of playfields down which will not be made for years if at all ... I guess hardtops would be the solution then ...
So, I prefer to try to solve problems than destroy people's ability to have a product in the marketplace. There have been hundreds of Mirco products sold, and there are not hundreds of complaints. We have a number of them and sell them without issues. We also have the option for customer to see the playfield in detail before we ship, which I think would help in some cases.
So anyone with issues, let me know, and we will advocate for you and try to get your situation in front of the supplier and resolved as best we can.
Team PPS

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

The best way is to have the vendor post the issue found (acknowledgment) what was done to correct the problem. Make the fix available to a reputable party such as HEP to confirm and the timing of the fix to production.

It’s funny you mention that.
None of these guys ever check in with me ,ask any advice nor take any into consideration.
That said if I even remotely criticize something they make or sell they quickly contact me and tell me how important my words and opinion are and how I should not do that basically.
Personally I am just tired of paying a premium for sub par products ,being ignored then having to live with it,beg for resolutions or find numerous ways to work around the problems so I can have confidence and pride in my own work.
I am not talking about Mirco I am talking about the whole state of affairs with reproduction parts these days.
All time low save for a few products.
I have scratch off cabinet art, pixelated plastics,bubbled backglasses,washed out lifeless colorless playfields,warped molded plastics(TOTAN spinning lamp base for example),glass channels that don’t fit ,speaker panel plastics that don’t line up at all,legs that ruin cabinets upon installation and so much more. Many with a gold licensed label on them.
It’s terrible the quality of what is out there currently.
Why are standards seemingly so low? Who’s determining what is or isn’t acceptable?
What are their credentials?

#933 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Unfortunately playfield manufacturers don't grow on trees ... any for anyone new it takes years and many mistakes to get things decent ... and then often they are tripped up by something (ink changes, chemical changes, process changes, regulation changes, etc). These are low volume endeavors very expensive to get all the elements lined up to call it a business, which is why the options are so few ... just the nature of that business.

While this is all true, keep in mind that some of Mirco's issues isn't in manufacturing, but art. Missing text (his TZ reproduction and 9-ball field), horrible vectorizing artwork (9-Ball). The latter he finally fixed after getting a lot of feedback. These are just two that are on the top of my head, too; it's not limited to these two examples.
Some of his OTHER issues are customer support - it's non-existant, or, usually when it does exist, it's rude and unhelpful.

Those things can be changed quickly, without having to 'destroy previously made fields' (though the fields with errors on them still may have to be sold at a discount). The artwork issue? That can be fixed easily_ by letting a handful of folks preview it. (Example? Buthamburg forwarded a PDF of his artwork for the RoadShow playfield to a few of us to verify before he set up his printing.)

#934 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

While this is all true, keep in mind that some of Mirco's issues isn't in manufacturing, but art. Missing text (his TZ reproduction and 9-ball field), horrible vectorizing artwork (9-Ball). The latter he finally fixed after getting a lot of feedback. These are just two that are on the top of my head, too; it's not limited to these two examples.
Some of his OTHER issues are customer support - it's non-existant, or, usually when it does exist, it's rude and unhelpful.
Those things can be changed quickly, without having to 'destroy previously made fields' (though the fields with errors on them still may have to be sold at a discount). The artwork issue? That can be fixed easily_ by letting a handful of folks preview it. (Example? Buthamburg forwarded a PDF of his artwork for the RoadShow playfield to a few of us to verify before he set up his printing.)

Correct me if I am wrong but, didn't he get a bunch of feedback and still produced the 8 ball with a bunch of issues? I swear I recall a post where mirco posted pics of 8Ball artwork and people were picking out the issues/errors and after he fixed several he wound up just producing the pf with errors as it was taking too long to fix all the issues.

If I am wrong apologies!!

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

legs that ruin cabinets upon installation

So that wasn't just a problem with Spooky R&M, we gotta watch out for other claw-legs as well?

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

So that wasn't just a problem with Spooky R&M, we gotta watch out for other claw-legs as well?

I am afraid so.
CCR was affected I believe and many of the new leg sets I received the last year are like this also.

#937 1 year ago

Thanks for the heads up, looks like all replacement legs get test-fitted before install now.

#938 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah. Just not as BAD as the first couple PFs showed.

#939 1 year ago

Mirco has cost me countless dollars fixing issues which he refused to acknowledge. His willingness to pass the buck, typically placing blame directly upon me was beyond infuriating. I will never deal with this asshole ever again and anyone who backs his bullshit and negligence can eat shit!! Goodnight.

#940 1 year ago

Hi all,

I have decided to write a comment here.

Manufacturing process:

We are and will always react and improve things which cause errors and problems. These are not things which are ignored as many people here state. I take all problems serious and try to investigate the reason why things happen and resolve it. Just to give you some numbers the real issues here are really low compared to the total manufactured playfields. Out of several 10.000s of playfields we have a really low number of issues. I would never claim production errors can't happen, but we took a lot of precautions, especially in the past 3 years, to avoid any problems. The clearcoat for example is sprayed on with a robot and automatically dispensed by special pumps and mixed fresh right at the nozzle to get the exact same amount and mix for every board. This process is checked during application and documented in a file.

Beside that every playfield is pulled off and pressure tested with a digital tester. Every playfield contains a later cutted off area which is destructive tested and documented. Only test passed boards will ship.

With thousands of playfields being made in our company every year does anyone really thing that they are right and we don't care? Really?!? Of course we do and I do track what is going on.

In-process quality control is very important and we spent a lot time and money to check and improve every step. One reason I have so many robots is that they don't make human related errors and do the exact same job all the time. I have upgraded the robots a lot in the last years.

The finishing and buffing robot for example is one of them. Previously I had employees who buffed out dust spots. Now I have a robot with all necessary tools and a camera with a high end software behind to do that. The robot does fully automatically detect and remove dust which happens during clearcoating. I would post pictures or videos of the system but the process is top secret as even car manufacturers are currently interested in our system. They did not solve issues we fixed...

Long story short, we did and will always improve and continuously improve and develop. That we don't care and do nothing is simply false.

Missing or wrong art:

I do always correct and fix things which show up during sales. The ij teeth have been fixed right away as well as the missing insert text on Whirlwind and twilight zone door panel. As of right now I'm not aware of any missing text or wrong art.

New titles:

I know that here are many people waiting for specific titles to be made. The truth is that we did not have any capacity in the past few years to work on new projects. Our space and machine capacity was exceeded. As you can imagine it is not easy to raise capacity after a certain point. It took me more than 1,5 years to finish our new building which is in addition to the existing building. We have already installed a new second printer and some cnc machines to speed up. As of now we are moving slowly into a better position which means we will be able to finish the new already started projects soon. Followed by new titles.

New projects coming up:

With the new space we will set up a full automatic robot based production of pinball cabinets. The idea is to have different versions of new cabinets available in different finishes. This line will be set up during the year and I will update once we are running. At the time the cabinets are in production it will be possible to buy a new cabinet with either direct print and high end finish or any kind of currently used artwork of different titles for a fair price. So you don't have to worry about preparing a cabinet or installing decals. More info for this will follow.

The funhouse playfield posted earlier here:

If you look close at the outhole you will see that this game had tons of games played. The wood is worn off which does not happen fast or easy. This playfield is definitely made with the old process which is not as durable as the new one. Our test stations show wear like this after approx. 300.000 cycles which would be approx 15000 or more plays at least. Current process lasts more than 2.000.000 cycles and still does not show issues. This game is most likely running in a barcade or similar with lots of plays on it. This playfield was definitely sold more than 5 years ago. That was in use for just 4 weeks? - I really doubt that and the owner is welcome to contact me if so. As of today he did not.

If someone has a problem or issue please send me an email to [email protected] and I will try to help the best I can.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Mirco Steffen
Systemtechnik GmbH & Co. KG

www.mircoplayfields.com
www.Facebook.com/mircoplayfields

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

seems easy to flash warnings on pinside, but when the vendor fixes the problem, then how do those warnings go away?

Easy, a vendor publicly addresses the issue and path forward. They provide a convincing story how they have identified a root cause, made corrective actions, describe how they will OBJECTIVELY handle everyone impacted, and provide a convincing story on how they will prevent the same problem from reoccurring.

It's called 'building confidence'

Unfortunately all the vendors who try to bury the problems, hide solutions behind closed doors, or minimize exposure by trying to deny the broad issue even existed are trying to limit their exposure more than they are trying to build consumer confidence.

#942 1 year ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Missing or wrong art:

I do always correct and fix things which show up during sales. The ij teeth have been fixed right away as well as the missing insert text on Whirlwind and twilight zone door panel. As of right now I'm not aware of any missing text or wrong art.

and what was your solution for people who had already purchased your defective product?

You had a nice long post defending your production, but not a single word about how you reacted to customers who were impacted by the things that you did miss.

#943 1 year ago

As I stated above. If you are a REAL customer who bought a repro playfield from me, you are welcome to send me an email to my email adress listed above.

Regards,
Mirco

#944 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I complained recently to PPS about MOP’s quality of a licensed playfield decal set, they replied and basically said it is what it is.

It would be helpful if you could post screenshots of your written complaint and their response.

#945 1 year ago

PPS Do you do any quality control or inspections on products that you give the gold seal of approval?

In other industries, intial samples are supplied for review and to confirm quality/accuracy. There is also on going quality control after certain dates/number of products sold to confirm continued quality?

Does PPS receive intial products for evaluation, and ongoing product samples for QC?

#946 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

PPS Do you do any quality control or inspections on products that you give the gold seal of approval?
In other industries, intial samples are supplied for review and to confirm quality/accuracy. There is also on going quality control after certain dates/number of products sold to confirm continued quality?
Does PPS receive intial products for evaluation, and ongoing product samples for QC?

Who needs QC when you have no competition because you hold the exclusive license to every product you sell? The print on some of the bootleg stuff is often better than gold seal products.

#947 1 year ago

As I stated above. If you are a REAL customer who bought a repro playfield from me, you are welcome to send me an email to my email adress listed above.
Regards,
Mirco

Quoted from flynnibus:

Unfortunately all the vendors who try to bury the problems, hide solutions behind closed doors, or minimize exposure by trying to deny the broad issue even existed are trying to limit their exposure more than they are trying to build consumer confidence.

And the pattern continues.. as will your poor reputation because of it.

#948 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMica:

It would be helpful if you could post screenshots of your written complaint and their response.

PPS has already replied to this on here if you look back a page or so, which basically says it is what it is in a round about way.

#949 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And the pattern continues.. as will your poor reputation because of it.

I'm sorry but I must have missed your email, can you please let me know when you sent it? I expected that you contacted me today as it sounds like you are having issues with one of my products.

It is interesting and tells your story that you have time to complain here but did not email me to solve the issue you claim to have.

Weird....

Regards,
Mirco

#950 1 year ago

I'm sorry but I must have missed your email, can you please let me know when you sent it? I expected that you contacted me today as it sounds like you are having issues with one of my products.
It is interesting and tells your story that you have time to complain here but did not email me to solve the issue you claim to have.
Weird....
Regards,
Mirco

Ahh.. the classic passive aggressive ad hominem attack instead of listening to the message. Yup... your reputation is firmly intact.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 64.00
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 132.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,795 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/19?hl=mundy53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.