pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20220328-221013_YouTube (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220328-220816_Chrome (resized).jpg
we-dance.gif

There are 658 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 59 days ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

Not easy, and definitely not cost effective.

Right. Why would a mfr want to label some of their product as inferior and then have to sell those for less or have them sit b/c anyone foolish enough to do a playfield swap is going to want only “gold” quality? There’s a reason CPR is the only company you ever heard of that did things that way.

#652 59 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There’s a reason CPR is the only company you ever heard of that did things that way, and even they quit doing it.

IF they really did stop doing it... and they start having excursions; then, I'm done buying from them.
CPR's grading was the only reason I bought from them.
It's reason I refuse to give PoorClass Playfields any of my cash. That and the reasons talk about in the 650 post above this one.

#653 59 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

IF they really did stop doing it... and they start having excursions; then, I'm done buying from them.

I only bought the one playfield from them, a screen-printed Sorcerer in 2019, and I don't believe they did the grading thing on that pre-order, so I assumed they weren't doing it any more. But maybe I'm misremembering or that was handled differently than what they're doing with other new playfields. So a belated "don't quote me," I guess.

#654 59 days ago

Not accusing you of being wrong. May very well be true.
I seem to vaguely recall there being some discussion about "no need" to do grading because everything was going to be done on flatbed printer. That said; I haven't been in the market recently so I'm ok just kind of waiting.
I think the only PF I need at this point is STNG ... unsure if that was ever planned tho.

That said; let's keep this on topic... reminding people how horrible PoorClass Playfields is.

#655 59 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Not accusing you of being wrong. May very well be true.

No, a fair question to ask and you inspired me to look back, and I had it wrong. I pre-ordered a screen-printed Sorcerer and don't believe I was offered an option of choosing gold/silver etc. But the playfield I received was stamped "gold," and I did see a post where someone said they were offered a "silver" because the gold had sold out. So at least as of 2019 they were still doing grading, though at that time Kevin was saying they wouldn't need to use grading with their new digital printed playfields.

Anway, I'll edit my prior post to avoid misinforming anyone about CPR's business, not my intention (and not really the point of my post anyway).

#656 59 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

No, a fair question to ask and you inspired me to look back, and I had it wrong. I pre-ordered and don't believe I was offered an option of choosing gold/silver etc. But the playfield I received was stamped "gold," and I did see a post where someone said they were offered a "silver" because the gold had sold out. So at least as of 2019 they were still doing grading, though at that time Kevin was saying they wouldn't need to use grading with their new digital printed playfields.
Anway, I'll edit my prior post to avoid misinforming anyone about CPR's business, not my intention (and not really the point of my post anyway).

I'm fairly sure CPR announced with the new digital printing model, there would be no more grading.

They may still have some old stock that is graded though.

#657 58 days ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

Not easy, and definitely not cost effective.

That may be, and while I would initially disagree, it isn't to the extent that I'm going to argue.

Regardless, they could offer a service where if you want a "perfect" playfield or some other specific thing, you can work with them on a preview and they could charge for the service. (I don't know if they do this). I know there are other collectable repro places that, for a fee, will send you detailed pics of 3 or 4 items so you can pick which one you want to buy. Just a thought.

We will now return to the previously scheduled bashing of Micro.

#658 58 days ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Regardless, they could offer a service where if you want a "perfect" playfield or some other specific thing,

Just an idea, how bout produce a quality product to begin with.

Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

you can work with them on a preview and they could charge for the service. (I don't know if they do this).

Planetary Pinball does this and, imo, it’s nothing more then price gauging. In this case Planetary sells a license to vendors who produce a product that Planetary then sells on their site and wants to charge extra to look at it for you!!!!

How bout Planetary, as well as anybody else, look at their product before selling it to ensure theirs no blemishes?

The only pf manufacturer doing this was CPR. Their grading system gave you a heads up that blemishes existed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 658 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!