IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 56.
#501 2 years ago

He was there to present a new product. Not answer quality control questions from random folks.

Think they should of had someone managing the questions to keep people from being confrontational.

#502 2 years ago

The time-warp continuum problem again. Always get’s ya, right? Right.

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

He was there to present a new product. Not answer quality control questions from random folks.
Think they should of had someone managing the questions to keep people from being confrontational.

Nah, people should torch his ass every chance they get.

#504 2 years ago

What a scumbag. "We will not be responsible for any 3rd party sales."

So basically no one's taking any responsibility for anything. Great.

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

What a scumbag. "We will not be responsible for any 3rd party sales."
So basically no one's taking any responsibility for anything. Great.

and in the end people will continue to throw money his way!

#506 2 years ago

He was there to present a new product. Not answer quality control questions from random folks. Think they should of had someone managing the questions to keep people from being confrontational.

Don't open the floor to questions if you don't want to answer questions. If you know that a substantial number of people in the pinball community feel you've sold them a defective product, and you then volunteer to stand on a stage while those same people are handed a microphone, you get what you get.

#507 2 years ago

Three words ….

Class
Action
Lawsuit

#508 2 years ago

Put in a ticket eh - gladly… again. Maybe we all should. POS

#509 2 years ago

If after seeing that seminar today you give him one penny as a US consumer you’re out of you f-ing minds and you get what you deserve.

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Three words ….
Class
Action
Lawsuit

Have fun doing that with a German company from the USA.

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't open the floor to questions if you don't want to answer questions. If you know that a substantial number of people in the pinball community feel you've sold them a defective product, and you then volunteer to stand on a stage while those same people are handed a microphone, you get what you get.

You got to admit that it was pretty brave to sit there and then to be so bold as to answer questions that way.I know they can’t outright admit the issues but it would be nice to see if they’ve figured a better way forward

#512 2 years ago

Holy crap he got friggin grilled and he just sat there acting smug.

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Here are three pics of a Mirco FH playfield swap I did for an op friend of mine. He sent me these pics after about a week's worth of play. While it looks minro now, I guarantee you it will get much worse.
I'm so fucking tired of this shit!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oof. I bet he's pissed.

#514 2 years ago

Brave? No way… maybe ballsy or cocksure but brave I don’t think that was bravery

Quoted from romulusx:

You got to admit that it was pretty brave to sit there and then to be so bold as to answer questions that way.I know they can’t outright admit the issues but it would be nice to see if they’ve figured a better way forward

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You got to admit that it was pretty brave to sit there and then to be so bold as to answer questions that way.

Wouldn't call it brave. Denial is more like it. Mirco is convinced there's nothing wrong with his product and people keep throwing money at him. He will continue to make pf for JJP so at this time ..... nothing is wrong in his mind.

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You got to admit that it was pretty brave to sit there and then to be so bold as to answer questions that way.

"Brazen" might be a better word under the circumstances!

#517 2 years ago

He had brass balls showing his face stateside.

The booth is going to be even more amusing. Stay tuned.

#518 2 years ago

WHAT. A. FUCKING. TOOLBAG that asswipe is.

"Put in a ticket or email me." Asshole, you're right there being asked a question.

Hey, kudos to Kaneda for getting the ball rolling. Everyone should have been booing that Mirco guy to ruin his seminar much like he ruined many peoples' pinball machines.

I had to sell my GNR because I could tell some slight pooling was beginning and I didn't want to deal with that shit.

If I was there, I'd give him the stinkpalm handshake.

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Bullshit. It would have been simple to just say, “we’re always working to improve our process, if you have any issues please contact customer support, I can give you the info after the seminar”.

Instead, he pretended that there were no issues like a stubborn child. And he was a rude dick about it. He looked like a fool, just like when he posted in this thread.

I wish they’d at least stop giving this guy WMS licenses.

#520 2 years ago

Wow!

1918trainwreck (resized).jpg1918trainwreck (resized).jpg
#521 2 years ago

We should have got a booth next to his and invited everyone to bring their defective playfields to showcase.

#522 2 years ago

Why are y’all downvoting this guy.

#523 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

"Brazen" might be a better word under the circumstances!

Ok brazen is a better word for this dumb ass

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Bullshit. It would have been simple to just say, “we’re always working to improve our process, if you have any issues please contact customer support, I can give you the info after the seminar”.
Instead, he pretended that there were no issues like a stubborn child. And he was a rude dick about it. He looked like a fool, just like when he posted in this thread.
I wish they’d at least stop giving this guy WMS licenses.

Maybe German guys don’t care about your feelings or what we think?They are pretty rude at Disney World!

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Maybe German guys don’t care about your feelings or what we think?They are pretty rude at Disney World!

I thought they were like this

we-dance.gifwe-dance.gif

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#526 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

In all fairness, don’t lump them all together because of the actions of one.

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

In all fairness, don’t lump them all together because of the actions of one.

Just fucking kidding man!

#528 2 years ago

Changed my
Mind

#529 2 years ago

Is it true that there were bowls of free washers spread throughout the room at the seminar?

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

It’s interesting that he’s only going to sell the new product through his website, and not through other vendors, and then goes on to discuss that he can’t take responsibility for anything that is not a direct sale from him. Can someone explain how skewed silkscreen prints are caused by shippers or 3rd party vendors?

He's talking about when he's the vendor for another company (aka the OEM component supplier. JJP, etc)

#531 2 years ago

Does anyone have a link to a place to “open a ticket” with Mirco? I have some pooling on my new FH pf I’d like to submit. I think a link posted in this thread would be a good idea…

#532 2 years ago

Ok this was funny. His website is about as useful as his quality explanation presentation…

https://mircoplayfields.com/en/i/our-mission

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Does anyone have a link to a place to “open a ticket” with Mirco? I have some pooling on my new FH pf I’d like to submit. I think a link posted in this thread would be a good idea…

Unless I'm missing it, there does not appear to currently be a public contact form or email address listed on his website.

Maybe there's something there once you log in?

I did notice lorem ipsum filler text on the about pages.

#534 2 years ago

Should I go to his booth and ask him?

#535 2 years ago

I have issues with just about all my mirco playfields including ones that came with my nib games. Its so disappointing when you buy a playfield and spend a obscene amount of time doing a restoration and things don’t line up or need to be heavily modified. I personally will not buy nib games or repros if I know mirco makes them. I am tired of spending good money on problematic playfields. Unacceptable!!!

I have many cpr playfields and while they are not perfect they are a hell of of lot better than mirco.

#536 2 years ago

Thank you Dennis Lenny and Kanaeda for not letting him off the hook. Shameless...

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Thank you Dennis Lenny and Kanaeda for not letting him off the hook. Shameless...

Of course brother. No way I was letting him go.

#538 2 years ago

Just saw you guys leave the room as Chris was finishing his stream. It was so uncomfortable at the end people were just getting up and leaving. ENJOY the rest of the show!!

#539 2 years ago

OUCH… that was a disaster.

People need to vote with their cash. After this I will not be buying another JJP or repro playfield.

I hope JJP realise that using this company will impact sales and could result in them going under, unless the issues are sorted

Another playfield manufacture needs to get in on this.. give Planetary the licence fee, make a good product and they will clear up!

How’s CPR these days..

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Sure. Me too.

Otherwise thanks everyone for giving him a hard time. He really deserves it

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

How’s CPR these days..

Some folks have pointed out in other threads that artwork for certain games isn't quite right or as detailed as it should be (keylines were much too thick on a few titles).

I don't think I've seen mention of clearcoat pooling under posts or clearcoat failures, but on some examples, there have been raised lips around hole edges and gaps or ridges around inserts. So, some people opt to send CPR playfields to get re-cleared by someone else. I'm not sure if that's been addressed/corrected in more recent runs.

#543 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

How’s CPR these days..

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Some folks have pointed out in other threads that artwork for certain games isn't quite right or as detailed as it should be (keylines were much too thick on a few titles).
I don't think I've seen mention of clearcoat pooling under posts or clearcoat failures, but on some examples, there have been raised lips around hole edges and gaps or ridges around inserts. So, some people opt to send CPR playfields to get re-cleared by someone else. I'm not sure if that's been addressed/corrected in more recent runs.

This was a run of CPW WW from a year or so ago...I and many others have had the same issue with their WW. I can't speak for their other PF's.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

This was a little better than a year ago. I did a playfield swap for a friend.
These were the minor issues.
What really pissed me off was Kevin initially took no responsibility for any of the issues we had. Pointed the finger at me and said it had to be all my fault because they have never had issues like this with any of their playfields. After a little research, we found that was not the case.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You mean like this. This started out as 2 chips on the left side of the scoop. Keep in mind, this happened after a small handful of plays.
This pic is after stripping everything off the playfield and making an agreement for a replacement.
Just for fun, I started picking at the chips with a fingernail.
It got a lot worse than this.
[quoted image]

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

People need to vote with their cash. After this I will not be buying another JJP or repro playfield.
I hope JJP realise that using this company will impact sales and could result in them going under, unless the issues are sorted
Another playfield manufacture needs to get in on this.. give Planetary the licence fee, make a good product and they will clear up!
How’s CPR these days..

I have a Xenon and a Meteor from CPR and I’m happy with both. Also their customer service is excellent. My Meteor had a paint error and they replaced it with a new one at no cost to me. Certainly light years better than the crook Mirco.

#545 2 years ago

I was at the TPF. I own a Scared Stiff, the playfield is trashed. I want to restore it and there is no other options currently available. So I bought the only Scared Stiff playfield Mirco had at his booth on Friday night.

I will do my best. Following HEP techniques I will sand, reclear probably twice, with the best 2-part automotive clear I can find. And then I will let it cure a month or 2. And finally I will install Cliffy's or other protectors around any hole I can.

This really sucks, I would have had preferred spending $1100 elsewhere. I understand that I'm possibly going to face a fiasco after some time and I don't want to take the guy's side, but honestly, what else could I do ? (wait for CPR I guess...)

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from manples:

(wait for CPR I guess...)

CPR doesn't generally do competing titles if they're already available on the market.

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

CPR doesn't generally do competing titles if they're already available on the market.

Seawitch

#548 2 years ago

Well, I said generally

For Seawitch, it was taking multiple years to actually fulfill orders. CPR was able to produce them much faster.

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, I said generally
For Seawitch, it was taking multiple years to actually fulfill orders. CPR was able to produce them much faster.

Someone announced they were taking over GW production and CPR got right out there.

#550 2 years ago

I had a great experience with 8 Mirco playfields, and a pile of Radcal decals.

Jersey Jack just uses posts with smaller diameter than holes thru playfileds.

This puts all lateral forces to the surface of playfield vs/ the wood in the hole.

Williams/Bally/others use posts that touch the side walls of thru-playfield holes.

The issue with JJP playfields is not Mirco's fault, but rather JJP

Mirco told me JJP is fixing this in the next title by using holes and posts of the same diameter.

No more tilting over of posts, and posts moving around messing up the clear.

Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 16.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 2,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/11?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.