(Topic ID: 312453)

MIRCO Playfields dodges all questions at TPF.

By frankmac

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 293 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you buy a game with a MIRCO playfield again”

• Never 161 votes
    58%
  • Yes 39 votes
    14%
  • He was a jerk at TPF 78 votes
    28%

(Multiple choice - 278 votes by 251 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
bad mirco (resized).jpg
smithers-money-fight (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
cr (resized).jpg
1st Honda (resized).jpg
1989-Yugo-1024x682 (resized).jpg
68F75BCE-70B2-4D12-A25C-AA0468F91401 (resized).jpeg
d517d532bf28f71cd47de25b98b05273fd0646e9 (resized).jpg
995c7d66da1d5a352b92a36c39170f52a96abb0c (resized).jpg
finger (resized).jpg
FE61EA83-5A80-4410-9824-C380E86D35AA (resized).jpeg
Dialed_In_Chipping-sml (resized).jpg
tt2 (resized).jpg
princess-bride-disappointment.gif
Untitled (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dialed In is a great game with no playfield issues at all!

Dialed In MOST DEFINITELY had issues with the clear chipping at the SIM card hole. This happened after about 50 plays.

Dialed_In_Chipping-sml (resized).jpgDialed_In_Chipping-sml (resized).jpg
#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don’t think micro can make a good playfield to save his life. JJP is really taking a major hit using him as the supplier.

At one point he could. His Hobbit playfields were pretty much bulletproof. Haven't seen any of those with pooling or chipping problems. The back half of WoZ after JJP switched to him from Bader were also fine. Dialed In is when things started going sideways with heavy chipping problems, and then jjPotC started in with the pooling and chipping that extended through Wonka into the 75% or so of GnR builds. Jury's out as to whether GnR is fixed, but the last 4 months or so of pins haven't had nearly the noise about playfield issues, so...

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Dude's quality control is fucking amazing throughout...
"Enhanched" ..??[quoted image]

The whole layout on that was lazy. The "Forgotten Tales" didn't even follow the bend of the scroll it was supposedly on. "Twilight Melody" was SUCH a better name for the update, too.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Agree, the hobbit playfields are beautiful and pretty much perfect. Why he came off that formula is shocking unless it is not allowed anymore. My point is he can’t make a good one ‘now’ to save his life.

Hobbit was screened, AFAIK. I think the problems started in earnest when he went to full digital printing playfields. He doesn't have command of the process to end up with ink that will stay on a playfield (not prepping the PF to receive it well for a digital print?) and his additives for the clear cure are off, so the clear is staying soft.

Other vendors have figured this out. There's no excuse for Mirco.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm not seeing that on the Quicksilver playfield purchased the end of last year, the clear is wicked hard compared to CPR. I deliberately made a hole in an obscure area and did some testing, soft it isn't. All the holes are chamfered for this reason I think.

Maybe that was after whatever production change he made for JJP to turn out (apparently) more reliable jjGnR playfields starting around Sept '21?

2 weeks later
#274 2 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I was going to buy a NIB GNR and after seeing this, it deterred me from doing so. I'm not sure if I will buy any NIB games from JJP until these problems are addressed.

I feel like the GnR machines made after around Aug of 2021 have been rock solid. Zero problems with the one I have from Sept 2021, and I haven't heard of any machines after that date with the kinds of issues that were widespread from 2020 until that point. As long as your build is this year, you're probably fine with a NIB.

Servos for the spotlights dying are the only ongoing issue, and I don't think that will be solved. Consider them a consumable and call it good.

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

We always seem to go round and round on this thing...
Step 1) Someone says the (new) playfields are bad.
Step 2) Someone posts pictures of (new) bad playfields.
Step 3) People rant and rave about playfields still being bad.
Step 4) Someone says the newest playfields are fixed now.
Step 5) Go to step 1.
I'm dizzy from this merry-go-round and I don't even own a JJP machine.

I literally haven't seen any playfield problems posted for like 8 months on new GnR builds made after Aug/Sept 2021. Nothing. And even if it was one or two posts I somehow missed, that's less than the non-stop flow if complaints and pictures from the first year machines. There's been a dramatic dropoff with GnR PF issues.

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

But do these have washers possibly covering up the problem areas. If so they haven’t fixed the issues just hiding them.

Haven't seen any pooling posts on the newer builds post Aug-Sept 2021, either. Washers wouldn't solve that completely, so those complaints have dropped off a cliff, too. If nothing else, JJP appears to be getting some control over the problem.

Mirco is still a complete loser, though. His attitude will be his downfall.

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

There were a few cases since August, but all of them were either at posts that were tilting because the stock rubbers are too tight, or when a post was too loose.
So the playfields seem to be holding up better when everything is set up perfectly (and not using stock bands).
I’m still not sure if I trust Mirco enough to bet that he won’t relapse and we could see a wave of problems with new playfields.

Oh, this isn't a wider endorsement of Mirco. I think he's still broken and completely untrustworthy. He's EARNED that, and it will be very hard to repair.

In this case, I'm just specifically talking about the GnR made in the last 8 months or so. That's it. Mirco should still not be trusted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 11,000.00
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-dodges-all-questions?tu=PinMonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.