(Topic ID: 312453)

MIRCO Playfields dodges all questions at TPF.

By frankmac

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 293 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you buy a game with a MIRCO playfield again”

• Never 161 votes
    58%
  • Yes 39 votes
    14%
  • He was a jerk at TPF 78 votes
    28%

(Multiple choice - 278 votes by 251 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
bad mirco (resized).jpg
smithers-money-fight (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
cr (resized).jpg
1st Honda (resized).jpg
1989-Yugo-1024x682 (resized).jpg
68F75BCE-70B2-4D12-A25C-AA0468F91401 (resized).jpeg
d517d532bf28f71cd47de25b98b05273fd0646e9 (resized).jpg
995c7d66da1d5a352b92a36c39170f52a96abb0c (resized).jpg
finger (resized).jpg
FE61EA83-5A80-4410-9824-C380E86D35AA (resized).jpeg
Dialed_In_Chipping-sml (resized).jpg
tt2 (resized).jpg
princess-bride-disappointment.gif
Untitled (resized).png
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 2 years ago

MIRCO Playfield does not care about the playfield problems!!! Not a good look!

#2 2 years ago

#3 2 years ago

Part 2

#4 2 years ago

Can't hear shit but I can't afford shit so who gives a shit.

#5 2 years ago

And that's why I cancelled my GNR order and won't buy another JJP game until they fix this issue, no matter what the title.

#6 2 years ago

Would have been nice to hear a answer after 5 years of bad playfields.

#7 2 years ago

I went at his ass. His smug responses pissed me off even more. he’s got a booth, so let’s see how that goes.

#8 2 years ago

Until people stop paying ridiculous prices for pinball parts regardless of quality problems sadly this will continue.

#9 2 years ago

And you are going to give this prick you’re money?
I said it before, he’s got balls to be up there.

#10 2 years ago

Here at the show, can't watch the videos... But none of this surprised me

The guys part of a massively unethical crew on that 2.0 totan. Won't set foot in his stupid Booth

#11 2 years ago

Quick...somebody get a pic of him walking away

#12 2 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1436568764

Quoted from frankmac:

Would have been nice to hear a answer after 5 years of bad playfields.

According to what he said, there is no problem, he's not responsible for 3rd-party sales, and if you have any problems, send an email.

I need an AFM playfield, but I've been holding off for a few years on that hoping the reported issues would get addressed/resolved. I'd prefer not to roll the dice on a $1200 playfield and then be told I'm SOL if it's defective.

This isn't giving me a whole lot of consumer confidence here.

#13 2 years ago

Just as much jjp as Mirco. Hopefully Jack and co doesn’t get a pass either.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

According to what he said, there is no problem, he's not responsible for 3rd-party sales, and if you have any problems, send an email.
I need an AFM playfield, but I've been holding off for a few years on that hoping the reported issues would get addressed/resolved. I'd prefer not to roll the dice on a $1200 playfield and then be told I'm SOL if it's defective.

Thanks for the Twitch link. After watching the stream what kind of company deflects major questions about quality control and simply states they are talking about a new product TOTAN playfields and state they have no comment about previous quality control? Seriously, why not address it and simply say they are working on improving or some kind of random company PR messaging...... Who are these guys? Then they send the guy with the smug look to deflect questions like he is pleading the 5th at a trial? Not a lot of confidence here.

#15 2 years ago

Ugh.

#16 2 years ago

mpdpvdpin and I give kudos to Chris on his hard hitting journalism

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I do not blame you for waiting.

#18 2 years ago

I think we got better answers from this group than what we did at TPF

BBF288A5-D8AE-45EF-B2A8-2D1A3B29C2A1 (resized).jpegBBF288A5-D8AE-45EF-B2A8-2D1A3B29C2A1 (resized).jpeg
#19 2 years ago

I had already decided not to do business with this company and JJP, this really puts a nail in that coffin. They are dead to me

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I had already decided not to do business with this company and JJP, this really puts a nail in that coffin. They are dead to me

Same for me… I briefly owned a GNR and it started pooling. I put on cliffs fixes to take care of it but it definitely soured my opinion of JJP.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

According to what he said, there is no problem, he's not responsible for 3rd-party sales, and if you have any problems, send an email...

Translation of what he said: "F off"

#22 2 years ago

Shameful!

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

mpdpvdpin and I give kudos to Chris on his hard hitting journalism

He was soft on him.

#24 2 years ago

Are any other companies able to get licensing to reproduce playfields that Mirco makes or are those contracts exclusive?

I need funhouse and Black knight playfields but I would rather play bare wood than give this guy a dime.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

simply say they are working on improving or some kind of random company PR messaging

Because he’s not working on improving shit.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 2 years ago

JJP talk just ended. Kaneda asked Jack about the PF issue and he did at least acknowledge the problem. Said he expects future game to not have issues. Eh.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

A good friend of mine got a playfield from him for Black Hole (wide body) It was shipped in a standard box leaving little room between the field and the box so one corner was smashed when it arrived. It was the corner under the apron. The response after 5 days was "ill give you $100 off" Took over a month and a call to the credit card company to get him to agree to send another one.

So, you'll probably get $100 back if you get a messed up one.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

JJP talk just ended. Kaneda asked Jack about the PF issue and he did at least acknowledge the problem. Said he expects future game to not have issues. Eh.

Haha. Not as bad as mirco’s response, but basically the same.

#29 2 years ago

I was at TPF today and saw his booth. He had lots of playfields there for sale. I need a Taxi playfield (which he had) but I’ll order from CPR rather than give that guy any money, even at a show discount.

#30 2 years ago

It was a chicken S move, and for as much crap as is hurled at Kaneda, I thought he questioned him in a respectful way and opened the door for others to lay into Mirco a little more.
The audience definitely got what they wanted, a clear indicator that Mirco is a tool and has no interest in being a professional who addresses legitimate product issues.

#31 2 years ago

Kudos to Dennis, Lenny, Chris and the other guy standing on the left side of the room with them! Shameful he had months to prepare his answers?!

#32 2 years ago
755830D2-432D-4A3D-8119-02C5ABB78388 (resized).jpeg755830D2-432D-4A3D-8119-02C5ABB78388 (resized).jpeg
#33 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

What a fucking surprise now what are you going to play?

#34 2 years ago

I will never buy a JJP game or a playfield from this guy. What a joke! They should listen to the CGC presentation.

#35 2 years ago

Why not have a dedicated room at TPF for all the owners of f'd up factory installed / self installed pf's? Proud owners could bring their games for free play.

c'mon TPF!!

oh wait... there wouldn't be room for any other games

This company is a joke

#36 2 years ago

Everyone should have walked out the moment he said he's only talking aboot the new TotAN and there is no comment or problem with playfields.

#37 2 years ago

We got him to show his true colors, buyer beware

#38 2 years ago

Like others have mentioned, I'm just shocked that he had months to prepare and all he could come up with was a condescending smirk and a refusal to even acknowledge or talk about it. He had to know this was coming.

At least Jack is now acknowledging the issue instead of blaming the owners.

#39 2 years ago

Gees, And remember when we used to get upset with dimples....

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The guys part of a massively unethical crew on that 2.0 totan. Won't set foot in his stupid Booth

What’s the deal there.? Do they not have Pps/Williams approval?

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s the deal there.? Do they not have Pps/Williams approval?

They do. Zitt explained in another thread that he didn't like that the project switched platforms and that it also turned from a homebrew project (with some community assistance) into a commercial one.

#42 2 years ago

Guys a jerk, unethical like Zitt pointed out and as much as I want a toy story for the family at todays prices I will happily give it a miss to avoid a defective playfield.

Vote with your wallet simple, most companies never do anything until they see sales/financials effected, so if you want change and quality playfields the next move is obvious.

#43 2 years ago

Jack gets a tiny bit of credit for at least acknowledging the problem. He did say he didn’t expect any issues with playfields on the next game but didn’t say why and I didn’t get the an opportunity to ask Jack why he thought that (i.e. what was going to change)

Mirco gets no credit. What a complete ass. Unbelievable (but not unexpected) that he didn’t answer any questions about playfield quality. As much as I want Toy Story I can’t even consider getting the game until I can have some confidence that something has changed for the better and I’m not going to get stuck with a playfield time bomb.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Jack gets a tiny bit of credit for at least acknowledging the problem. He did say he didn’t expect any issues with playfields on the next game but didn’t say why and I didn’t get the an opportunity to ask Jack why he thought that (i.e. what was going to change)

Hasn’t Jack & JJP said the issue was fixed previously though for owners of their next game to find out that isn’t true?

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Easy to confirm this, do the newer GnR games coming off the line have any issues?

#46 2 years ago

I’m done! Micro you are the reason why I won’t buy JJP games anymore. There are a ton of other things that I can buy for $15K. I’m sticking with CGC. Build quality is outstanding.

Seriously why would you buy a game with a junk playfield - only to ask for help and get the run around from the company? It’s BS.

Oh wait did JJP announce Back to The Future…. Foot in mouth and game purchased. Haha! Just fix it guys. There is a way to do this.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Easy to confirm this, do the newer GnR games coming off the line have any issues?

Problem with that is they “fixed” the issue with POTC didn’t they? Only for GnR owners to discover the problem wasn’t fixed.

I can’t recall exactly but I am sure Jack and JJP have said more than once the problem is fixed and it appears to have been fixed for then owners of their next game to have issues.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Problem with that is they “fixed” the issue with POTC didn’t they? Only for GnR owners to discover the problem wasn’t fixed.
I can’t recall exactly but I am sure Jack and JJP have said more than once the problem is fixed and it appears to have been fixed for then owners of their next game to have issues.

I don’t think potc was ever fixed. I had a game from the very last run and it had minor clear issues. Then it followed to wonka and now GnR. If the GnR games coming off the line now are good, I’d expect/hope there won’t be issues with the new release, but you are right, they’ve said it before.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are they still loaded with silicone washers under everything touching the playfield? If so, I'd consider that a sign that they're not fixed.

#50 2 years ago

I’m serious. How desperate and integrity challenged does one have to be to give him and the companies he works with their business after seeing this? Shame.

Yes, pinball is great but it’s just a toy. I would never feel the urge to buy a product with a playfield from such a person, no matter how good the theme.

Mistakes happen, yes, and that’s understandable. But to knowingly sell a defective product, one that looks spectacularly good at first glance but isn’t holding up to its intended use and not taking *any* responsibility is simply unforgivable and the people buying it are part of the problem. It looks very bad for everyone involved. Him, the pinball companies who use his products and also the customers who enable this.

And that performance at a major trade show (yes, that’s what TPF has become). Unreal.

The examples where he gets the alignment, scale and colors right are wonderful show pieces, fit for hanging on a wall or a collector’s edition that is just an investment (though Bitcoin and stocks are better, more convenient) and doesn’t get played.

He makes good looking decoration but sub-par playfields.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
9,600 (OBO)
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-dodges-all-questions?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.