(Topic ID: 312453)

MIRCO Playfields dodges all questions at TPF.

By frankmac

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 293 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you buy a game with a MIRCO playfield again”

• Never 161 votes
    58%
  • Yes 39 votes
    14%
  • He was a jerk at TPF 78 votes
    28%

(Multiple choice - 278 votes by 251 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
bad mirco (resized).jpg
smithers-money-fight (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
cr (resized).jpg
1st Honda (resized).jpg
1989-Yugo-1024x682 (resized).jpg
68F75BCE-70B2-4D12-A25C-AA0468F91401 (resized).jpeg
d517d532bf28f71cd47de25b98b05273fd0646e9 (resized).jpg
995c7d66da1d5a352b92a36c39170f52a96abb0c (resized).jpg
finger (resized).jpg
FE61EA83-5A80-4410-9824-C380E86D35AA (resized).jpeg
Dialed_In_Chipping-sml (resized).jpg
tt2 (resized).jpg
princess-bride-disappointment.gif
Untitled (resized).png

There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Just some gorilla math. If the polls shows anything of how people feel about purchasing a pin with a MIRCO playfield a company that uses their product could miss out on $820,000 at this point. If the average sale is 10k. That is a big deal!
82 never
[quoted image]

That’s if those people actually stand by their vote. I would love a toy story kids love the films and I remember them fondly from my childhood but at £12-£15k GBP I am not prepared to take the risk or support Mirco and Jacks shitty business practices.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dialed In is a great game with no playfield issues at all!

well, even if in this case we should consider its our own fault... : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-with-or-without-cliffys-

but than DI is a fantastic pin for sure, here we agree

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

then he said he wont warranty any of his products sold by 3rd party vendors, basically hes claiming its not his product its the end user.

Mirco pretending he’s never heard any complaints about his playfields is asinine. But this part I actually get - when the ice maker goes bad in your Samsung fridge you expect Samsung to take care of it, not pass the buck to the subcontractor that made the ice maker. JJP is ultimately responsible for the quality of the parts that go into their machines. If JJP is refusing to acknowledge a problem I get why Mirco as the sub-manufacturer isn’t jumping in to make things right himself.

#104 2 years ago

The loud applause after that one guy lit him up would shake a normal person out of their denial bubble.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

The loud applause after that one guy lit him up would shake a normal person out of their denial bubble.

That was great.

#106 2 years ago

It comes down to customer service. When GB has insert issues, stern sent you a box to send back the populated playfield . They then sent you a new populated playfield. That’s how to do it.

When stern cabinets were splitting, they sent a new cabinet.

Jjp needs to take a lesson.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

It comes down to customer service. When GB has insert issues, stern sent you a box to send back the populated playfield . They then sent you a new populated playfield. That’s how to do it.
When stern cabinets were splitting, they sent a new cabinet.
Jjp needs to take a lesson.

Stern did this occasionally and only under dire examples. They’ve changed their warranty to a ‘nope’ contract as well as JJP has done. This was not the norm for Stern. AFAIK Spooky is the sole example of consistent customer responses.

I will say Stern goes way past warranty or at least they did back in 2014. Spike system killed future purchases for any Sterns for me.

#108 2 years ago

He packed this clunker up early Sunday am well before the show was over.
Plunge issues had it playing like crap and a wasted opportunity to show off the 2.0 software.
Beautiful game, pretty disappointing overall.

37B5406F-F0C5-4E9A-B96D-5C3103B7712B (resized).jpeg37B5406F-F0C5-4E9A-B96D-5C3103B7712B (resized).jpegF9371ABF-F54D-4B6F-9659-A99F0781E246 (resized).jpegF9371ABF-F54D-4B6F-9659-A99F0781E246 (resized).jpeg

#109 2 years ago

we had a buddy buy one of these kits and ship it to us. should be here this coming week. guess I'll post if it works or not lol

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

when Mirco said they had no issues, did anyone follow up to ask why the jjp playfields are chipping and pooling?

This is simply giving mirco an out. By bringing up JJP (even in the opening question) it set Mirco up to shutdown. He doesn’t have to (or possibly can’t) talking about JJP product.

There are plenty of prople with mirco playfields they bought from mirco or his distributors. They should have stuck with those grievances…

So mirco could only answer “open a ticket”

Asking for a show of hands in the crowd would have been interesting.

Asking the crowd to poll on what they felt about his non answers would have sent a message.

Asking about JJP just made this into a stalemate. You’d think the great marketer wojld have thought that through before stepping up to the mic

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

You do realize people are having the same issues with his other repro playfields he sells outside of gnr correct?

I did not know that.

Quoted from flynnibus:

This is simply giving mirco an out. By bringing up JJP (even in the opening question) it set Mirco up to shutdown. He doesn’t have to (or possibly can’t) talking about JJP product.
There are plenty of prople with mirco playfields they bought from mirco or his distributors. They should have stuck with those grievances…
Asking the crowd to poll on what they felt about his non answers would have sent a message.
Asking about JJP just made this into a stalemate. You’d think the great marketer wojld have thought that through before stepping up to the mic

I agree, why would Micro throw JJP under the bus. Its the hand that feeds them.

#112 2 years ago

The second he said no comment everyone should have stood up and walked out saying “well that’s all we came for so if you won’t answer or even acknowledge issues, talk to yourself about Totan 2.0”.

#113 2 years ago

I saw Mirco and Jersey Jack at Mirco’s booth after the seminar. They seemed pretty chummy so I’m not sure Jack was upset about any bus throwing that may have happened.

#114 2 years ago

I don’t think this has no effect on him financially.

TPF was super busy today and only one booth was deserted.

He packed up everything including his TOTAN at 9:20am while everyone else was going strong.

How this is even allowed by the organizers? A vendor can just pack up and leave during the event? Imagine if more vendors would do this. It would ruin the last day of the event.

3BC67463-E809-4746-9AE4-8FF80505BA2D (resized).jpeg3BC67463-E809-4746-9AE4-8FF80505BA2D (resized).jpeg
#115 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

He packed up everything including his TOTAN at 9:20am while everyone else was going strong.
How this is even allowed by the organizers? A vendor can just pack up and leave during the event? Imagine if more vendors would do this. It would ruin the last day of the event.[quoted image]

Welcome to Show Management everywhere!

Reality is the guy isn't coming from Chicago, but halfway around the world. He might have some travel plans to account for.

#116 2 years ago

Pinside delivers again...

A picture of his back, walking away.
995c7d66da1d5a352b92a36c39170f52a96abb0c (resized).jpg995c7d66da1d5a352b92a36c39170f52a96abb0c (resized).jpg

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I don’t think this has no effect on him financially.
TPF was super busy today and only one booth was deserted.
How this is even allowed by the organizers? A vendor can just pack up and leave during the event? Imagine if more vendors would do this. It would ruin the last day of the event.[quoted image]

Maybe he had some playfield issues.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He might have some travel plans to account for.

Yeah... get the f*** out of Dodge.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Welcome to Show Management everywhere!
Reality is the guy isn't coming from Chicago, but halfway around the world. He might have some travel plans to account for.

If this was some sleepy show in the middle of nowhere then I’d understand but that show floor was insanely busy again today and why would one fly all the way from Germany to exhibit his products at a premier show like TPF and then pack up early?!?

I’d have booked travel so that I can be present for the whole show. Weird.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

[quoted image]

At least this time the person was actually confronted.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

If this was some sleepy show in the middle of nowhere then I’d understand but that show floor was insanely busy again today and why would one fly all the way from Germany to exhibit his products at a premier show like TPF and then pack up early?!?

Because it's already Sunday and you lose a day flying east?

This is the same quandary at every show (yes, even the major shows too). No one wants to hang around until Sunday night. TPF is no different, it will be start breaking down in earnest early once they get close to the awards ceremony, etc.

Did you notice Charlie from Spooky already left too?

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

Leaving early at the show is just par for the course for multi-day pinball shows. Get used to it.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Leaving early at the show is just par for the course for multi-day pinball shows. Get used to it.

No it’s not if you choose to set the tone. Make it part of deal for the bringers to stay the whole time before signing the games up. Outside of very rare exceptions, all games at Pincinnati stay the whole weekend until close on Sunday.

#123 2 years ago

The game couldn't even hold up for the show .
I actually wonder if those fast controllers are garbage and they kept burning them out.

Maybe the donor machine was an issue, but hard to tell

ofcourse we'll never know ...
But buyers should be very wary of any 2.0 product.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No it’s not if you choose to set the tone. Make it part of deal for the bringers to stay the whole time before signing the games up. Outside of very rare exceptions, all games at Pincinnati stay the whole weekend until close on Sunday.

That's why I first said it's about "SHOW MANAGEMENT" - And reality is, they often have to negotiate with people to get them to come as they do.

If Marco says "Hey Ed, we love TPF, but we gotta be able to break down before 6pm as your form says or we can't come'... Ed isn't going to say "6pm or don't come". It's going to be more involved then that.

Just look at every Allentown show thread... and people bitching about the last afternoon and vendors leaving.. etc.

Vendors have a lot more say than free play games.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I actually wonder if those fast controllers are garbage and they kept burning them out.

ToTAN only uses the Fast MPU best I can tell... so unless someone is shorting high voltage to the switch matrix, there isn't any reason for it to 'keep burning them up'

ToTAN uses Mirco sound and power systems... that of course is fair game

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's why I first said it's about "SHOW MANAGEMENT" - And reality is, they often have to negotiate with people to get them to come as they do.
If Marco says "Hey Ed, we love TPF, but we gotta be able to break down before 6pm as your form says or we can't come'... Ed isn't going to say "6pm or don't come". It's going to be more involved then that.
Just look at every Allentown show thread... and people bitching about the last afternoon and vendors leaving.. etc.
Vendors have a lot more say than free play games.

Well I’ll continue to count our blessings then and give our folks the world if I can cause I’ve never heard any griping from anyone about staying the whole time.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I’d have booked travel so that I can be present for the whole show. Weird.

Not sure if you heard but he received a bit of a poor welcome!

You gotta love Pinside.

“Why did this guy who was on the wrong end of the most hostile reception in the history of pinball show seminars not hang around the entire show?! WHY WAS HE ALLOWED TO LEAVE?!”

He probably should have never showed up in the first place but it seems strange to be baffled as to why he left a little early.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Hi Zitt. Did you play the Funhouse 2.0 project this weekend in its complete commercial released form? Played flawlessly.

TOTAN certainly has its own code kinks to work out. But I 100% assure you any issues in TOTAN 2.0 were not just because a FAST board was in it.

Are you still at TPF? I'd love to chat with you and share more about what our platform does. I think there are some areas where a conversation may be useful. I don't recall you stopping by the FAST Booth. I don't know what you look like so I wouldn't have been able to say hello while we were over playing Weird Al at the Multimorphic booth.

If talking in person isn't something you are comfortable with, be sure to check out our talk from Friday night called "Indie Pinball Designers: Inquire Within." It is archived on Twitch.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Hi Zitt. Did you play the Funhouse 2.0 project this weekend in its complete commercial released form? Played flawlessly.
TOTAN certainly has its own code kinks to work out. But I 100% assure you any issues in TOTAN 2.0 were not just because a FAST board was in it.
Are you still at TPF? I'd love to chat with you and share more about what our platform does. I think there are some areas where a conversation may be useful. I don't recall you stopping by the FAST Booth. I don't know what you look like so I wouldn't have been able to say hello while we were over playing Weird Al at the Multimorphic booth.
If talking in person isn't something you are comfortable with, be sure to check out our talk from Friday night called "Indie Pinball Designers: Inquire Within." It is archived on Twitch.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Running your power stuff in my EM homebrews. I'll be back for a third order within a year. Great support! -matt.

#130 2 years ago

Curious - what did you think about your partner Mirco packing up your new product early?

I can see Mirco never reading this thread and saying “I Left when I wanted to. No issues.”

PS - I really enjoy Funhouse 2.0 and your support has been beyond impressive!

Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

[quoted image]

Sh*t his pants and had to go.. "No Issues"

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Curious - what did you think about your partner Mirco packing up your new product early?
I can see Mirco never reading this thread and saying “I Left when I wanted to. No issues.”
PS - I really enjoy Funhouse 2.0 and your support has been beyond impressive!

I learned he was gone when I checked pinside. We have been booth bound all morning from almost the complete opposite corner of the show (near the Chicago Gaming and the epic Lord of the Gameroom booths).

All the companies making licensed 2.0 projects are their own businesses. We provide them the FAST Retro Controllers and flawless emulation of the original games to include in their products. Just like how companies who build games with other control system platforms.

Ben and Jan have been working hard on their TOTAN 2.0 kit. I think it would have been better to present the game as a preview at TPF and get user feedback vs. presenting it as if it were done, but this was not my decision.

Unlike the other 2.0 projects in development I only received a TOTAN 2.0 kit to install in our test lab at Saturday at TPF. I intend to install the kit and provide detailed feedback for product refinement.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure if you heard but he received a bit of a poor welcome!
You gotta love Pinside.
“Why did this guy who was on the wrong end of the most hostile reception in the history of pinball show seminars not hang around the entire show?! WHY WAS HE ALLOWED TO LEAVE?!”
He probably should have never showed up in the first place but it seems strange to be baffled as to why he left a little early.

Oh, I’m not baffled that he left early. I’m surprised that TPF accepts him leaving early. Maybe they don’t, I don’t know. Of course they can’t stop him.

If I was part of TPF organization I would not allow him back in the coming years, after disrespecting the show like that.

He isn’t a big draw as all he sells directly is problematic and not that special.

And from what I can tell, nobody else packed up early. That the spooky kids left early doesn’t mean that spooky packed up altogether so this example doesn’t count.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Oh, I’m not baffled that he left early. I’m surprised that TPF accepts him leaving early. Maybe they don’t, I don’t know. Of course they can’t stop him.
If I was part of TPF organization I would not allow him back in the coming years, after disrespecting the show like that.
He isn’t a big draw as all he sells directly is problematic and not that special.
And from what I can tell, nobody else packed up early. That the spooky kids left early doesn’t mean that spooky packed up altogether so this example doesn’t count.

Yeah I would be surprised if spooky left early. They stay the whole time in my experience and bring dogs. That’s a good show participant imo. Haha

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well, I hope whenever and wherever jjp announces their next game, someone asks who is making their playfields.

#136 2 years ago

I don’t think micro can make a good playfield to save his life. JJP is really taking a major hit using him as the supplier.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Vendor presence certainly helps to make shows more robust, but you realize they pay to be on the floor, right?

It’s not like TPF paid the 7th Doctor Who to show up and he left before lunchtime. Different scenario.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Vendor presence certainly helps to make shows more robust, but you realize they pay to be on the floor, right?
It’s not like TPF paid the 7th Doctor Who to show up and he left before lunchtime. Different scenario.

I don’t care about the inner workings of a show like this and who pays who and what LOL.

I just find it wrong to participate in a show and leave early. I am not interested in excuses and explanations for this behavior. I find this boring.

But it fits the IDGAF of this person well.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I just find it wrong to participate in a show and leave early

princess-bride-disappointment.gifprincess-bride-disappointment.gif

Quoted from galore2112:

I’m surprised that TPF accepts him leaving early

Why don't you go find Ed and ask him what he thinks? Or goto the show counter?

#140 2 years ago

Dude's quality control is fucking amazing throughout...

"Enhanched" ..??

tt2 (resized).jpgtt2 (resized).jpg
#141 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

"Enhanched" ..??[quoted image]

And "rulesset"!

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I don’t care about the inner workings of a show like this and who pays who and what LOL.
I just find it wrong to participate in a show and leave early. I am not interested in excuses and explanations for this behavior. I find this boring.
But it fits the IDGAF of this person well.

Well Mirco has a lot to ponder on his way home.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dialed In is a great game with no playfield issues at all!

Dialed In MOST DEFINITELY had issues with the clear chipping at the SIM card hole. This happened after about 50 plays.

Dialed_In_Chipping-sml (resized).jpgDialed_In_Chipping-sml (resized).jpg
#144 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

FE61EA83-5A80-4410-9824-C380E86D35AA (resized).jpegFE61EA83-5A80-4410-9824-C380E86D35AA (resized).jpeg
#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don’t think micro can make a good playfield to save his life. JJP is really taking a major hit using him as the supplier.

At one point he could. His Hobbit playfields were pretty much bulletproof. Haven't seen any of those with pooling or chipping problems. The back half of WoZ after JJP switched to him from Bader were also fine. Dialed In is when things started going sideways with heavy chipping problems, and then jjPotC started in with the pooling and chipping that extended through Wonka into the 75% or so of GnR builds. Jury's out as to whether GnR is fixed, but the last 4 months or so of pins haven't had nearly the noise about playfield issues, so...

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At one point he could. His Hobbit playfields were pretty much bulletproof. Haven't seen any of those with pooling or chipping problems. The back half of WoZ after JJP switched to him from Bader were also fine. Dialed In is when things started going sideways with heavy chipping problems, and then jjPotC started in with the pooling and chipping that extended through Wonka into the 75% or so of GnR builds. Jury's out as to whether GnR is fixed, but the last 4 months or so of pins haven't had nearly the noise about playfield issues, so...

Agree, the hobbit playfields are beautiful and pretty much perfect. Why he came off that formula is shocking unless it is not allowed anymore. My point is he can’t make a good playfield ‘now’ to save his life. And that causes me major pause on Toy Story.

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The whole layout on that was lazy. The "Forgotten Tales" didn't even follow the bend of the scroll it was supposedly on. "Twilight Melody" was SUCH a better name for the update, too.

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Good eye.
"Enchanched Rulesset" No issues here.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Agree, the hobbit playfields are beautiful and pretty much perfect. Why he came off that formula is shocking unless it is not allowed anymore. My point is he can’t make a good one ‘now’ to save his life.

Hobbit was screened, AFAIK. I think the problems started in earnest when he went to full digital printing playfields. He doesn't have command of the process to end up with ink that will stay on a playfield (not prepping the PF to receive it well for a digital print?) and his additives for the clear cure are off, so the clear is staying soft.

Other vendors have figured this out. There's no excuse for Mirco.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Come on now. The game was largely unavailable for much of the show. I stopped by five times and on each occasion wasn't working. I'm not saying that this has anything to do with FAST, but the game was nowhere near ready for prime time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-dodges-all-questions/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.