(Topic ID: 312453)

MIRCO Playfields dodges all questions at TPF.

By frankmac

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 293 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you buy a game with a MIRCO playfield again”

• Never 161 votes
    58%
  • Yes 39 votes
    14%
  • He was a jerk at TPF 78 votes
    28%

(Multiple choice - 278 votes by 251 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
bad mirco (resized).jpg
smithers-money-fight (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
cr (resized).jpg
1st Honda (resized).jpg
1989-Yugo-1024x682 (resized).jpg
68F75BCE-70B2-4D12-A25C-AA0468F91401 (resized).jpeg
d517d532bf28f71cd47de25b98b05273fd0646e9 (resized).jpg
995c7d66da1d5a352b92a36c39170f52a96abb0c (resized).jpg
finger (resized).jpg
FE61EA83-5A80-4410-9824-C380E86D35AA (resized).jpeg
Dialed_In_Chipping-sml (resized).jpg
tt2 (resized).jpg
princess-bride-disappointment.gif
Untitled (resized).png
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I’m serious. How desperate and integrity challenged does one have to be to give him and the companies he works with their business after seeing this? Shame.
Yes, pinball is great but it’s just a toy. I would never feel the urge to buy a product with a playfield from such a person, no matter how good the theme.
Mistakes happen, yes, and that’s understandable. But to knowingly sell a defective product, one that looks spectacularly good at first glance but isn’t holding up to its intended use and not taking *any* responsibility is simply unforgivable and the people buying it are part of the problem. It looks very bad for everyone involved. Him, the pinball companies who use his products and also the customers who enable this.
And that performance at a major trade show (yes, that’s what TPF has become). Unreal.
The examples where he gets the alignment, scale and colors right are wonderful show pieces, fit for hanging on a wall or a collector’s edition that is just an investment (though Bitcoin and stocks are better, more convenient) and doesn’t get played.
He makes good looking decoration but sub-par playfields.

What about companies that allow him a platform to continue selling defective products?

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Are they still loaded with silicone washers under everything touching the playfield? If so, I'd consider that a sign that they're not fixed.

I don’t think he can fix it. His shop seems to be one step above garage startup phase. Have you seen his advanced DIY looking clear coat robot setup?

He probably has a large format inkjet printer and zero expertise printing on a substrate that is a real challenge, where the combination substrate+primer+ink+clearcoat has to look good and stand up to the stresses in a pinball machine.

Maybe the inkjet printer/ink vendor could figure out a proper primer/ink chemistry that doesn’t delaminate but Mirko probably bought one or two or five printers max and they tell him to file a ticket that gets filed under “obscure boutique application not worth our time” and here we are with playfields that can’t hold up.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I don’t think he can fix it.

I'm not disagreeing with you on this.

#54 2 years ago

Mirco evading the clear coat issues on stage at TPF

dodger.gifdodger.gif
#55 2 years ago

Mirco is The One when it comes to dodging

3B651160-56B3-4C37-BE8C-141815B5D5DD.gif3B651160-56B3-4C37-BE8C-141815B5D5DD.gif
#56 2 years ago

Sad thing is even after this I’m sure his earnings for the next 4-6 quarters won’t drop a bit.

#57 2 years ago
b9be0878a38be527c457e4e3d062454eda1c6ea4.gifb9be0878a38be527c457e4e3d062454eda1c6ea4.gif
#59 2 years ago

It may not be worth anything to anyone but me but after talking with Jack this morning I’m reconsidering my decision to sit out on Toy Story. He didn’t tell he anything I hadn’t heard before I’ve moved from Must Have to Not as long as it’s a Mirco playfield to seriously considering a CE.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It may not be worth anything to anyone but me but after talking with Jack this morning I’m reconsidering my decision to sit out on Toy Story. He didn’t tell he anything I hadn’t heard before I’ve moved from Must Have to Not as long as it’s a Mirco playfield to seriously considering a CE.

And this is exactly why Mirco felt completely comfortable coming to TPF to showcase a new product and flat out ignore every playfield question.

He knows he doesn’t have to answer or change anything and his bottom line will continue to grow. Even the comments on Kaneda’s FB live video had people in outrage at his “no comment” comments but seconds later saying they will still get a Toy Story.

It really is no surprise as a community we get targeted by con artists.

#61 2 years ago

OP: you should add the "WARNING" text to your thread title, as in these other important PSA threads:

More like Mirco should add this to its playfields..
F5125DFA-DA89-449F-9A6B-25548493AF79 (resized).jpegF5125DFA-DA89-449F-9A6B-25548493AF79 (resized).jpeg

#62 2 years ago
D1BF91C8-04FD-417D-AC1F-A1A96E79DAB4 (resized).jpegD1BF91C8-04FD-417D-AC1F-A1A96E79DAB4 (resized).jpeg
#63 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think you could add value and make it worth something to others if you’d give a hint what changed your mind.

The way it reads (“anything I hadn’t heard before”) sounds as if he charmed you?!

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

Mirco evading the clear coat issues on stage at TPF
[quoted image]

Dudes a gunslinger most of us would’ve been eating leather.
That was a George Bush highlight!

#65 2 years ago

There's no value is saying "I'll never buy another JJP/Mirco game." JJP raised their prices significantly in the last two years and they continue to sell. Demand will be sky high for toy story. They've won. We've lost.

Going forward, everyone should add the cost of a backup playfield and swap to the price of a new game in their minds, and if it's still worth it to them, go ahead and buy it. If not... Go ahead and buy it anyways. Why not? It's not like we're going to start acting rationally at this point.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I think you could add value and make it worth something to others if you’d give a hint what changed your mind.
The way it reads (“anything I hadn’t heard before”) sounds as if he charmed you?!

I’ve spoken with Jack many times. I don’t think he “charmed” me.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unless you get it in writing…..

#68 2 years ago

I know I am gonna get roasted on here for this but here we go. Micros playfields on GNR had pooling issues and Chipping. The pooling is usually due to lack of proper curing time. Chipping was because the holes for post where drilled to large. When I received my GNR the issue was known as well as a simple fix. It took all of 30 minutes to add the correct size posts.
Yes JJP fed up and fixed the post size.
Would this not be a JJP issue and not a Mirco issue.
I also owned a POTC, WOZ and DI. The only one with any issues was WOZ, but if could have happened being routed by a terrible company.

#69 2 years ago

Well Mirco just said in this video ‘we have no issues’.
If that’s his point of view then don’t bother the discussion even about it. Walk away and buy Stern or AP. I feel sorry for JJP gaving such a critical supplier.
I’m not a Stern fanboy but their playfields are great, not comparable with Mirco at the moment.
However in the past he made very durable playfields (Hobbit).
Patching with washers was not required in the past, but is now.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve spoken with Jack many times. I don’t think he “charmed” me.

Then what was the point that changed your mind.

This feels like FB when someone posts “OMG, you won’t believe what happened today but it totally changed my worldview” followed by crickets LOL

#71 2 years ago

You do realize people are having the same issues with his other repro playfields he sells outside of gnr correct?

Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

I know I am gonna get roasted on here for this but here we go. Micros playfields on GNR had pooling issues and Chipping. The pooling is usually due to lack of proper curing time. Chipping was because the holes for post where drilled to large. When I received my GNR the issue was known as well as a simple fix. It took all of 30 minutes to add the correct size posts.
Yes JJP fed up and fixed the post size.
Would this not be a JJP issue and not a Mirco issue.
I also owned a POTC, WOZ and DI. The only one with any issues was WOZ, but if could have happened being routed by a terrible company.

#72 2 years ago

While I haven't had any clear coat problems on the sorcerer playfield I bought from Jersey Jack's website, the art was completely screened in the wrong position, and The flipper shaft bushing position was a quarter inch tighter than a standard sorcerer I had to drill that out and get it back more towards the left ball guide to have the appropriate flipper Gap comparable to my old playfield and another "control" sorcerer. Definitely not happy with the repro playfield I bought but this was before CPR had theirs ready.... I will never buy from MIRCO again after watching the vids the OP posted. Hey Mirco! Go fuck urself bro. You owe me like 900 bucks

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

Same for me… I briefly owned a GNR and it started pooling. I put on cliffs fixes to take care of it but it definitely soured my opinion of JJP.

Did you just use those carbon fiber ones that he sends with? Wondering how those are holding up for people?

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Did you just use those carbon fiber ones that he sends with? Wondering how those are holding up for people?

Yes, used the carbon fiber. Seemed okay but I only had it for a month after I put the fixes on. Not sure how it held up long term.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Unless you get it in writing…..

Maybe you should consider their conversation included unknown to us information?There is a strong possibility that as Pinsiders we don’t know everything.

#76 2 years ago

when Mirco said they had no issues, did anyone follow up to ask why the jjp playfields are chipping and pooling?

#77 2 years ago

Lol. All the bitchin in here yet 90% of ya will be begging a distro to take yer money when Toy Story is released.
The more it changes the more it stays the same.

#78 2 years ago

Good info. I don't keep up on a lot of stuff here but this guy's smugness and douchebagness, on top of the issues with the playfields, are great reasons not to give him my business. Why does JJP trust in this guy for this hugely important part of machines? Seems like Jack is shooting himself in the foot with this one. I'm glad that I already have no desire to buy a JJP game since my DI

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Good info. I don't keep up on a lot of stuff here but this guy's smugness and douchebagness, on top of the issues with the playfields, are great reasons not to give him my business. Why does JJP trust in this guy for this hugely important part of machines? Seems like Jack is shooting himself in the foot with this one. I'm glad that I already have no desire to buy a JJP game since my DI

Dialed In is a great game with no playfield issues at all!

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I wasn't giving my views on DI. Only the fact that I owned one.......and it is a fun game.

#81 2 years ago

Who builds everyone else's PFs?

Seems simple to switch suppliers, it's not like Mirco's prices are cheap or anything.

Who built Bally's back in the day?

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Agree it’s a great game, but Dialed in had issues, just not pooling and not as extensive. the left scoop had clear cracking at the post. The only game that had zero issues was hobbit.

#83 2 years ago

Just some gorilla math. If the polls shows anything of how people feel about purchasing a pin with a MIRCO playfield a company that uses their product could miss out on $820,000 at this point. If the average sale is 10k. That is a big deal!

82 never

23E20468-73C8-4A9F-A8C0-8FE7CB8172D0 (resized).jpeg23E20468-73C8-4A9F-A8C0-8FE7CB8172D0 (resized).jpeg
#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I’m not a Stern fanboy but their playfields are great

Rush’s scoop would like a word.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Seems simple to switch suppliers, it's not like Mirco's prices are cheap or anything.

Quoted from jwilson:

Rush’s scoop would like a word.

A lot of selective memory on this type of thread. I guess I would know more of stern’s issues if I frequented their threads

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

when Mirco said they had no issues, did anyone follow up to ask why the jjp playfields are chipping and pooling?

Yes, we did, he said hes not aware of any playfield problems, then he said he wont warranty any of his products sold by 3rd party vendors, basically hes claiming its not his product its the end user. He acknowledges nothing, knows exactly what the warranty is in his own country where he can be held accountable but doesn’t know the warranty on his products in the US, and sounded like No shits will be given.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lol. All the bitchin in here yet 90% of ya will be begging a distro to take yer money when Toy Story is released.

This statement is 100% true, so sad

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Maybe you should consider their conversation included unknown to us information?There is a strong possibility that as Pinsiders we don’t know everything.

I never stated or insinuated that I know everything.
I do know that Jack is a great, if not legendary, bull shitter.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

A lot of selective memory on this type of thread. I guess I would know more of stern’s issues if I frequented their threads

Lol. Funny you say that. I play Sterns on location and like dating the loose ladies a good night of fun but laugh at ever being serious with one. That’s what they’re catered to and built for. Public only.

Since I gave up on JJP and Sterns years ago I barely even visit the related threads. Same shit as years ago except prices are beyond stupid for product quality and customer service.

American pinball won’t make a theme I’m interested in.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Yes, we did, he said hes not aware of any playfield problems, then he said he wont warranty any of his products sold by 3rd party vendors, basically hes claiming its not his product its the end user. He acknowledges nothing, knows exactly what the warranty is in his own country where he can be held accountable but doesn’t know the warranty on his products in the US, and sounded like No shits will be given.

Wow, not aware, how could he possibly say that with a straight face. I’ve been a supporter of jjp games, like them a lot and have had very few issues, minor pooling here and there, nothing I couldn’t handle. But I really don’t want to touch anything with Mirco’s name on it if that’s his attitude.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've never understood the fascination for this theme.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It doesn’t anything for me either. But. I also could not care less about Godzilla yet I put down a deposit. Because I loved playing it.

I didn’t know anything about JJP until I saw WoZ and I then bought one, regardless of theme.

So for me the theme is secondary. I also don’t sell my pinball machines so the whole “FOMO OMG I can make money!!!” factor is irrelevant.

Given the “don’t care if you buy, we’ll sell out anyways and won’t fix our quality problems” attitude, I definitely won’t buy Toy Story even if it’s a super fun game.

So they definitely won’t reach their full revenue potential if they have this arrogant attitude.

This will eventually catch up to them because I’m certain that I’m not alone.

Frankly, given that this hobby is dominated by relatively well off Gen X and boomers, that a significant number of people are that susceptible to “shiny” but low quality surprises me a bit. I’d have thought that adults are not that blinded like a shrieking teenager when the boy band of their generation releases a new song.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Just like anything else. People love it. I’ve seen the OG movie probably 500 times. Grew up watching it constantly with my sister.

#94 2 years ago

Delete - repetitive - Mirco Sux

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Exactly what i was thinking. despite the huge resurgence there can't be that many makers of playfields. You would think that the market could easily make or break a company like that....
If their buyers truly cared.

#96 2 years ago

Micro reminds me of someone.....

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#97 2 years ago

Damn I thought the robot just sprayed the playfields. Didn’t realize it was the PR man too.

#98 2 years ago

Regardless of Mirco Steffens responses I’m hoping he will take something away from this experience.

No one is clueless when input is being given by many people; no matter how much that individual seems to not care. It’s human nature.

#99 2 years ago

Next up, i gave mirco 2500 for a totan kit, its having problems and i cant get him to reply, then 20 other people will come out of the woodwork and say they were screwed too, same old same old

#100 2 years ago

Im starting to think those robots run the show and mirco is just a puppet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

9,600 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-dodges-all-questions/page/2?hl=jagdaniels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.