(Topic ID: 235050)

Mirco - Exclusive Classic Stern Parts Manufacture? Bogus Legal Threats!

By greatwichjohn

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 211 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CraigC
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

booting (resized).jpg
    apology (resized).jpg
    review-19 (resized).jpg
    1caec34e529cbc45597ec7106de45eb21595197e (resized).jpeg
    wXCfyPt (resized).png
    lies (resized).jpg
    20190201_113529 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0001 (resized).JPG
    980x (resized).jpg
    IMG_0060 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0009 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

I think saying Mirco is making playfields others are producing is a bit misleading. CPR has said they are "collecting orders" for sorcerer for 2 years plus and no movement on the website. They have about 30 playfields listed in their preorder page, does that mean nobody else gets to touch them? IIRC CPR put up Seawitch after John said he's making them, something that was lamented in that thread.
    In my opinion what I think happened was CPR sat on these for years with no movement, Mirco decided to make them and CPR saw this and put them into production on the sly in order to hurt Mirco's sales. They were never listed along with the other titles currently on CPRs production page. Then Mirco gets all spun up, makes some ridiculous claims, John goes after his livelihood and here we are.
    No excuses made for anyone, just saying I dont think there's room for anybody to get all high and mighty and playfield mfgs seem pretty cutthroat. Now someone go make stars.

Hello 800 pound gorilla. Yes it was f'ed up with the empty threats from mirco and it would definitely make me think hard about buying one.

With that said anyone who down voted this post (on the merits of this one post) must have not been on a "list" for years and years waiting for a damn playfield. Since _____ has a "intent" posted does that mean no one else is supposed to touch it. I will buy a quality playfield I need from John, CPR or Donald Duck as far as that goes. Hell I even obligated to buy 2 just to get the numbers up to hopefully go into production.

John, everyone here knows who's good people and who isn't. you have been exonerated, keep doing what your doing and hopefully this will all fade away.

#202 5 years ago

I have 2.5 hours to post, while Mirco sleeps. No real apology, kind of figured that one out early. No announcement to kiss my ass as a public apology at TPF. The good news is the final yellow opaque arrow can be done in 4+ weeks with a minimum 1000 quantity order. So on with big production numbers of Seawitch playfields finally this spring. I talked with Mike at CPR & they are not going to do me a Mirco Special & run the same title that year. For Mirco Playfields after this fiasco I never want to work with him! If I know Mirco, CPR, or others are doing a playfield title it will not be done by me. Sorcerer is a example, why would I produce a new one even though I can. Not good for the hobby!

#203 5 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

This is the last day of me posting about this on the thread (Feb. 5 Midnight Atlantic Time).

If only that were true...

Let it go.. the guy was busted for all to see. Your continued droning on about this only makes you look bad. It's out there - let people see it and learn from it. You're just spinning in place making noise. Time to move on.

#204 5 years ago

I would have never paid Mirco prices for their "bronze" quality work anyway. I was excited about Black Hole playfields until I saw the blurred finished products.

greatwichjohn , it was my Lightning backglass that Mike Halse had scanned and got the files off to you. He was supposed to do the same with my Dracula backglass and get you the scanned files but the S.O.B. has gone AWOL and I am out my glass! Go figure.

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

If only that were true...

you struggle with telling time ?

#206 5 years ago

Mike Halse phone line works over the years. Never returns my calls. Please contact me, & I will send you out a Lightning glass + another Stern title I do.
    Good news on Seawitch playfields yellow arrow so the end is not a total disaster. Count down less than 2 hours to go silent.

#207 5 years ago

Mike Halse phone line works over the years. Never returns my calls. Please contact me, & I will send you out a Lightning glass + another Stern title I do.
    Good news on Seawitch playfields yellow arrow so the end is not a total disaster. Count down less than 2 hours to go silent.

I actually think I have found a way to reach him through Linkedin

#208 5 years ago

Signing off on this thread. Hope Mirco learns something from all of this. I am sure he will pump out lots of playfields. Hopefully not the same titles!

#209 5 years ago

How long have you been working on these, John? And still missing inserts?
    I was on the list for your Seawitch playfield years ago, hard to believe these have not come to fruition (5 years now?)
    I do not condone Mircos jerkish behavior, but c'mon, man, you had more reasons for delays than I care to remember.

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

How long have you been working on these, John? And still missing inserts?
    I was on the list for your Seawitch playfield years ago, hard to believe these have not come to fruition (5 years now?)
    I do not condone Mircos jerkish behavior, but c'mon, man, you had more reasons for delays than I care to remember.

he has signed off form the thread

Signing off on this thread.

Probably best to send him a PM if you want to be critical or ask questions, rather than attempt baiting him to reply for the sake of wanting him to go against his word that he would let the topic be and get on with the positive side of working on pfs.

2 weeks later
    #211 5 years ago

Mirco should do meteor or Ali

There's plenty of games out there that need to get done.

There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-exclusive-classic-stern-parts-manufacturer/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.