• Latest reply 4 years ago by Milltown
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6D38EEAB-90C7-4142-B146-E0205CE8F5F3 (resized).jpeg
FD904DD2-17C3-4CC2-9879-E61533A0F2AE (resized).jpeg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I just got my first stern Nib iron maiden pro..
Sometimes the auto plunger hits the upper small left flipper or near the target in front of the right hand pop bumper .
I've made sure the machine is level.
The auto plunge is set to 255 factory ..
But the ball sometimes makes the orbit sometimes not .. Does the same with the manual plunger ..
Im hoping possibly others have this issue . I just got the game last Sunday ..
It's new and I am new to stern so I don't wanna start adjusting the upper left flipper or the plunger if I don't have to. Anybody have this issue ?
Thank you ahead of time ..its a great game...

#2 4 years ago

Also sometimes when it does auto plunge it whips around the orbit .. Sometimes barley . sometimes it goes up the orbit and falls back down . sometimes it goes no were near the orbit..very inconsistent .

#3 4 years ago

Now when you a start a game sometimes the ball just auto shoots right away ...?

#4 4 years ago

These issues are documented in the Up the Irons thread,
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/92#post-5000189
the thread is extensive, but there is lots of info. I didn't even realize it was an issue until i got it dialed in correctly. It's a different game when it works properly.

#5 4 years ago

This is a common issue actually.

Some claim it can be resolved. Others grow tired of it & sell the game.

Good luck!

#6 4 years ago

Well, so much for all the speculation that Stern fixed this issue with the newer builds.

#7 4 years ago

Uuggghg.. Haha . that sucks...

#8 4 years ago

Im guessing callimg stern is no help ?
That realy sucks ... I finaly break down for a nib and it's jacked after 50 games or so.

It seemed all perfect at first and now this ..
I just waxed the shooter lane with no difference...

#9 4 years ago

I would definitely call Stern, tell them you’ve tried to fix and now you need your 5k game to work. I think they will replace the assembly if you’ve tried all other options.

I know they replaced a shooter assembly on one of my NIB purchases.

#10 4 years ago

The metal rail of the right shooter lane is adjustable. There is a scene near the top that you can raise and lower the rail so it shoots better. You have to take the wire form and plastic off to get to it.

FD904DD2-17C3-4CC2-9879-E61533A0F2AE (resized).jpegFD904DD2-17C3-4CC2-9879-E61533A0F2AE (resized).jpeg
#11 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The metal rail of the right shooter lane is adjustable. There is a scene near the top that you can raise and lower the rail so it shoots better. You have to take the wire form and plastic off to get to it.[quoted image]

Is this something you have encountered and this has worked ? And by chance is this your machine and were your adjusted to. ? Very frustrating to buy a new one and have to do all this ..haha ..i like working on machines. but not when it's new .
Thank you .

#12 4 years ago

So I'm going to call stern..
But so far I've seen
Adjust the guide .
Adjust the shooters .
Put foam on the auto ...
6.5 or 7.0 pitch
Wax the shooter lane ,
Playfeild isn't centered ?
Who has done what with the best possible easy adjustments ..
Just seems crazy since its brand new .
Thank you for your time as well...

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Very frustrating to buy a new one and have to do all this

Quoted from Milltown:

Just seems crazy since its brand new .

Quoted from Milltown:

I finaly break down for a nib and it's jacked after 50 games or so.

It's a machine with 10,000 tiny mechanical parts to it that was just shipped to you in a truck. Issues such as these are not uncommon, it's juts part of the deal.
I wouldn't call having to adjust a guide or flipper as "jacked."

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a machine with 10,000 tiny mechanical parts to it that was just shipped to you in a truck. Issues such as these are not uncommon, it's juts part of the deal.

True . im use to messing with older machines ...
Just bummed its after a week is all ...
It woulda been cool to just play one.. Haha

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There like cats for sure and hate car rides ., haha
Other then this wich im sure will get resolved .
I love the game...

#16 4 years ago

The big bastard is when a node board dies and then you are really up the creek. It's a lonely sad feeling

#17 4 years ago

Adjusting the lane guide seemed to have worked best for me. If it starts acting up again I’ll probably increase the auto lunch coil to a stronger one and adjust the guide again if necessary.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Adjusting the lane guide seemed to have worked best for me. If it starts acting up again I’ll probably increase the auto lunch coil to a stronger one and adjust the guide again if necessary.

I checked and the auto launch is set to max ..,255

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Im gonna try the lane guide,, c what happens .,
Any tips on what you did are very appreciated,...

#20 4 years ago

You can see from the picture above in this post. Loosen the screw and move guide slightly in the direction you want and tighten it back up. My auto launch was hitting the post before going into the loop so I adjusted my guide up a little.

#21 4 years ago

Adjusting the prongs on the autoplunger so they touch the ball evenlly and adjusting the ball guide work to get this perfect. I had to do this to my IMDN pro to get it dialed in.

It can take some patience to get both the auto plunger and manual plunger making the orbit 100% of the time, but it can be done.

It can be frustrating because its a NIB game, but it is very common.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Adjusting the prongs on the autoplunger so they touch the ball evenlly and adjusting the ball guide work to get this perfect. I had to do this to my IMDN pro to get it dialed in.
It can take some patience to get both the auto plunger and manual plunger making the orbit 100% of the time, but it can be done.
It can be frustrating because its a NIB game, but it is very common.that would be great and thank you so so much...

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

It can be frustrating because its a NIB game, but it is very common.

That would be great and thank u...

#24 4 years ago

You will never get it perfect.... Just a design flaw and thats the way it is . I have a premium and there are times both work 100% fantastic and other when it does not.

You should be going for some of the shill shots anyway . They dont require making a looped plunge.

Tune it in as best you can and enjoy your game .... Its a GREAT one.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

You will never get it perfect.... Just a design flaw and thats the way it is . I have a premium and there are times both work 100% fantastic and other when it does not.
You should be going for some of the shill shots anyway . They dont require making a looped plunge.
Tune it in as best you can and enjoy your game .... Its a GREAT one.

I ordered a more powerful coil wich I've been looking into.. Not gonna touch the lane guide tho... Im going to adjust the manual plunger first ..,then instal the coil and go from there,... I love the game.. I love maiden so I will get it good as can be and post what I did....

#26 4 years ago

Every once in a while it will automatically auto launch a ball for no reason durring a game.. Im assuming a switch is to close ? Once as soon as it started it went into multi ball,... Only once tho ? Has anyone had tgis happen ?

#27 4 years ago

I took a flat head screw driver and wedged it in between the post and the ball guide then pulled it toward me to slightly bend the ball guide down. It took 2-3 times to get it perfect but mines worked 100% since. Don’t put a stronger coil in. Film it in slow motion each time so you can see what little adjustments you make effect it.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I took a flat head screw driver and wedged it in between the post and the ball guide then pulled it toward me to slightly bend the ball guide down. It took 2-3 times to get it perfect but mines worked 100% since. Don’t put a stronger coil in. Film it in slow motion each time so you can see what little adjustments you make effect it.

Hmmmm good thinkin ..

#29 4 years ago

Ok I carefully took ball return gate off the shooter lane and one nut on the plastic and was very easy to get a flathead on the shooter lane adjust ... I pushed the lane all the way to the right and tightened it..,I centered the manual plunge ... Seems 90 percent better.,I did not mess with the auto,launch tabs at all ...
When I get the stronger coil from stern I will play with the settings ... Seems to be going all towards better for sure....
After I leveled the game the ball seem to hit the post more then the flipper ,.. So as of now im pretty happy... And I think with a little more power i will be golden...

#30 4 years ago

I am a believer in a stronger coil, it helped more than anything else. You can dial the strength up or down, so there is no real negative to trying this.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I am a believer in a stronger coil, it helped more than anything else. You can dial the strength up or down, so there is no real negative to trying this.

Yup..
I've been researching and realy looking at things ...,since the coil is cranked from,the factory it gives breathing room.
The minor adjusts I made did a huge difference ,.
The coil I belive will be the finally of perfection. Haha

#32 4 years ago

Also, you did wax it right? I’ve had mine for Well over a year now and haven’t had to mess with it since

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Also, you did wax it right? I’ve had mine for Well over a year now and haven’t had to mess with it since

Yes ..

#34 4 years ago

Hey man just trying to help. Changing out parts seems extreme. Slow mo video and a little tweaking and presto. Been there done that. I messed with the post yatta yatta. Making sure it was waxed some people don’t even do that. No point adjusting if it hasn’t been waxed yet, but you already knew that.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hey man just trying to help. Changing out parts seems extreme. Slow mo video and a little tweaking and presto. Been there done that. I messed with the post yatta yatta. Making sure it was waxed some people don’t even do that. No point adjusting if it hasn’t been waxed yet, but you already knew that.

Yup.. I belive in the wax for sure ....

#36 4 years ago

You guys can give my fix a shot. I did this probably about 7 mos ago, and besides one minor quirk (noted below), it has been flawless *knock on the biggest wooden boat ever*

I added (2) 1/4” e-clips to the inside of the right elbow of the auto plunger (see pic). This helps keep the prongs stay in place from the torque of the coil. A bigger size coil helps as it Speeds up coil reducing the chance of any movement with the prongs.

I had one anomaly issue with this fix. After about 3 mos of flawless play, I had to lift the playfield, when I put it back, my ball from the shooter plunger would hit the bottom tip of the upper right flipper. To fix, I just replaced it with a lightning flipper and has been perfect since (going on approx 4 mos.).

Give it a shot; I’d like to hear other people’s results from this or wonder if I’m just lucky or not. Last couple fixes I shared on this issue caused my game to go out of whack the next day, so hoping I don’t repeat history lol. But it’s been 99.9999% solid with the e-clip fix for a long time, even after cleaning the playfield. Good luck!

6D38EEAB-90C7-4142-B146-E0205CE8F5F3 (resized).jpeg6D38EEAB-90C7-4142-B146-E0205CE8F5F3 (resized).jpeg
#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You guys can give my fix a shot. I did this probably about 7 mos ago, and besides one minor quirk (noted below), it has been flawless *knock on the biggest wooden boat ever*
I added (2) 1/4” e-clips to the inside of the right elbow of the auto plunger (see pic). This helps keep the prongs stay in place from the torque of the coil. A bigger size coil helps as it Speeds up coil reducing the chance of any movement with the prongs.
I had one anomaly issue with this fix. After about 3 mos of flawless play, I had to lift the playfield, when I put it back, my ball from the shooter plunger would hit the bottom tip of the upper right flipper. To fix, I just replaced it with a lightning flipper and has been perfect since (going on approx 4 mos.).
Give it a shot; I’d like to hear other people’s results from this or wonder if I’m just lucky or not. Last couple fixes I shared on this issue caused my game to go out of whack the next day, so hoping I don’t repeat history lol. But it’s been 99.9999% solid with the e-clip fix for a long time, even after cleaning the playfield. Good luck![quoted image]

Wow ,, very cool.. I was looking at the play in the auto shoot mech , what are these lightning flippers ?
Also did you put the stronger coil ?

#38 4 years ago

I will deff try the 1/4 clips as well.. Simple enough...

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Give it a shot; I’d like to hear other people’s results from this or wonder if I’m just lucky or not. Last couple fixes I shared on this issue caused my game to go out of whack the next day, so hoping I don’t repeat history lol. But it’s been 99.9999% solid with the e-clip fix for a long time, even after cleaning the playfield. Good luck![quoted image]

Would hit upper right flipper ? Or left ?

#40 4 years ago

Does anyone's maiden in game play every once in a while on start or any other ball auto shoot a ball for no reason ? It's not very often ? So its tough to trace ?
1 or two times it's autolaunched 2 or 3 balls out of nowere after a ball drain ? I'm thinkin a close switch maybe ? But hard to trace wich one...

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Wow ,, very cool.. I was looking at the play in the auto shoot mech , what are these lightning flippers ?
Also did you put the stronger coil ?

Lightning flipper is a hair shorter than normal flipper.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9734-6

No I didn’t do the stronger coil.

Quoted from Milltown:

Would hit upper right flipper ? Or left ?

The bottom tip of the upper right flipper as it exited the shooter lane. Hence, replacing it with the lightning flipper.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The bottom tip of the upper right flipper as it exited the shooter lane. Hence, replacing it with the lightning flipper.ok cool... Gotcha thank you.. Im gonna try the clips prob tonight...

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The bottom tip of the upper right flipper as it exited the shooter lane. Hence, replacing it with the lightning flipper.

Cool cool.
Im gonna try the 1/4. Clip tonight.. Great idea,..

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can you make the loop shot without lifting the upper left flipper? It’s pretty low on a normal flipper.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Can you make the loop shot without lifting the upper left flipper? It’s pretty low on a normal flipper.

Yup. I can whip it around the loop with or without the upper left flipper held up. Sometimes 3 or 4 times around. It does seem to go faster but not sure to be honest.

#46 4 years ago

Me and my gal were just playin and her ball drained ..
When it went to player 2 it automatically shot into play ?
I know this isn't correct .
Anyone know wich switch would need adjusting ?
Its not consistent at all so having trouble tracking it down....
Thank you.....

#47 4 years ago

You can get it perfect. Just takes a shit load of time. Prongs on auto plunge need to be centered towards the ball and the top edge of the ball guide at the end of the shooter lane needs tweaked inward. Also make sure your plunger doesn't clip on the auto-plunger forks.

The whole ordeal was beyond aggrivating. I hate games that do not function as intended and will tweak them until they do.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

You can get it perfect. Just takes a shit load of time. Prongs on auto plunge need to be centered towards the ball and the top edge of the ball guide at the end of the shooter lane needs tweaked inward. Also make sure your plunger doesn't clip on the auto-plunger forks.
The whole ordeal was beyond aggrivating. I hate games that do not function as intended and will tweak them until they do.

I agree used is fine.. New is kinda frustrating .
At least we have pinside.. Haha

#49 4 years ago

So it seems on mine I left the shooter lane adjust screw 3/4 to 1 turn loose . works 99 percent of the time now... Odd but whatever ., haha .,
I also,received a more powerful coil today . gonna clip off the diode and hopefully make the orbit even quicker and have room to adjust...

#50 4 years ago

Last night on 3 player on ball 2 for player 2 the game went right into auto launch multi ball. . any idea on,wich switch this could be ? It has done it once or twice and I don't get a switch to register on switch test .., it never seems to do it on single player . it only seems to do it on multiplayer ,..
It's done tgis a few times and I can't nail it due to being inconsistent...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/minor-issue-on-iron-maiden-pro?hl=milltown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.