• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by playboywillis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys,

I've nearly got this JM back to 100% but I'm still getting two minor issues. I'm taking on one at a time right now, so I'm asking about the flippers.

The flippers work great as far as strength and what not. The only problem is that once they are pressed, they don't want to fire again unless the button is completely let off. I really notice it when trying to post transfer.

I've looked under the PF but wouldnt recognize if anything was wrong with the flippers. I've also tried googling this issue but couldn't really put it into a search.

Is this a recognizable issue, or do you think it's something to do with wiring?

Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Not 100% sure I follow what you are having issues with. That's typically how flippers work so you can trap a ball. Do you think they should drop with the button still pressed? Or do you think they should drop when the flipper button is let out, say, about 50% of the way?

If the latter is what you want, You'll need to look at the opto interrupter that the cabinet button presses. The interrupter blocks the infrared signal between the transmitter and receiver opto on the flipper board. If you want the flipper to flip at a different button pressing, you'll have to carefully bend the plastic interrupter (and the spring steel flap). When the interrupter blocks the signal the flipper is down, when the detector sees the signal, it energizes the flipper. If you bend the spring steel flap too much (even a little) they can break in half.

#3 4 years ago

Sounds weird. When you experience the problem, does the flipper stay up for too long when you half-release the button, or does the flipper stay down when you re-press the button?

In flipper test mode, verify that the power winding and hold winding work for both flippers.

In switch test mode, verify that both switches for the flipper buttons work (upper flippers and lower flippers, even though this game doesn't actually have uppers). Verify that the end of stroke switches work.

#4 4 years ago

Sorry, when I said post transfer, I meant cradle separation.

Check out this video:

I can't do those microflips. I guess when I let halfway off the button I should get some release, but it wants me to let all the way off the button.

#5 4 years ago

Yep. All has to do with the relationship between the opto interrupter and optos. Remove the balls, go into switch edge test, lift playfield and press the flipper buttons. Slowly release the button and listen for the first beep (upper flipper optos) and then second beep (lower flipper optos). Adjust the interrupters as you see fit.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks a lot! I'll check it when I get home.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Ennis, MT
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside