6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by indybru
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

My son, who is a senior at the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, has been asking me the last couple of years to come up his way so we could go to a Minnesota Wild game together. Well, we're finally trying to plan this trip and of course, the tickets to the game are the biggest expense.

Anyone have access to tickets (I'd need 4 as another father-son group is joining us) or have some insight in to finding tickets at a reasonable price? I'm usually pretty good at scouting out tickets but hockey isn't my strong suit when it comes to finding deals so figured I'd see if my pinball brothers could help me out with this one. I realize it's a long shot but might as well give it a try as you just never know.

I appreciate any information that you can provide. Yes, I realize I can go to any of the ticket resale sites but my preference would be to not buy from them unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks,

Dave

#2 6 years ago

Did you try the Wild website ? The blackhawks have ticket exchange where season ticket holders post tickets to sell. Not stub hub.

I would start there, also craigslist. Good luck.

#3 6 years ago

I did try their website but it looks like it sends me to a resale site, which doesn't appear to be much better than a stub hub/ticketmaster kind of place.

I checked CL but think it might be a bit early to find any deals...might have to be a last minute thing.

I tried finding package deals with hotels as I've had luck with that kind of thing in the past (the hotel actually owns tickets and you can get a room/ticket combo deal) but didn't find any when searching.

I'll keep looking around. I guess I was hoping that a pinsider might also be a season ticket holder that would have them for sale. Needing 4 tickets isn't helping either as most are sold in pairs.

The hunt continues!

#4 6 years ago

I MIGHT be able to get a hold of 4 tickets. My work has commercial spots during Wild games, and I occasionally can get tickets for a fair price. PM me and the end of the week. I'll see what I can do..

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

I MIGHT be able to get a hold of 4 tickets. My work has commercial spots during Wild games, and I occasionally can get tickets for a fair price. PM me and the end of the week. I'll see what I can do..

I appreciate the fact that you're even willing to check on this for me. I will PM you later this week and we'll see if luck is on my side.

Thanks again for reaching out - very cool of you to do.

Dave

#6 6 years ago

Try Stubhub. I usually get decent prices for Red Wings games through there....

Later,
    EV

#7 6 years ago

Thanks EV...I've looked there as well but so far, I'm not seeing any decent deals. Typically, the prices get better as the date draws closer as those with tickets start to lower their prices to "normal" levels so that they get sold.

It's really a timing thing but with another father-son group involved and the need for hotel rooms (it's about a 6 drive for me so we need to stay overnight), it's a balancing act between finding a decent price and getting things booked up.

Dave

#8 6 years ago

One thing about craigslist you can post tickets wanted and negotiate.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/minnesota-wild-vs-st-louis-blues-122 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.