You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZ_2.jpg
WOZ.jpeg
IMG_0363.JPG
LLOYD_WOZ.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matt_Rasmussen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 10 years ago

Very, very cool Lloyd! It was a pleasure being one of the first people to play the machine!

I was never super impressed with the videos of the game, but, had a positive skepticism about the game. Once I saw the machine and played the game that changed. I think it's a super fun game, the outlane bonus 'games' are something totally new. I can see how if someone played an earlier version without the latest code it could become somewhat boring. It was interesting to see the progression of the scores when 'we' took in all the information and how scoring works in the game. It's actually pretty deep scoring, and the upper left playfield is pretty damn hard to finish.

I still haven't seen the following modes with some really fine players playing the machine. Rescue Dorthy, which I assume means you must complete RESCUE on the upper left play field after the flying monkeys capture her, and THEN hit it in the open chamber doors. Still not sure what happens, I assume it drops to a two ball multiball. Also, have never seen anyone complete all four stages of the left outlane bonus game, very cool black and white mode, but very challenging to finish, 4 modes to complete the entire thing, I've seen someone complete the first two only. The right outlane mode is very cool too, one timed shot to save TOTO or you lose your ball when the game shuts down.

It may not be my theme of choice but from what I see and feel in the game (build quality is excellent), great things are coming down the road for JJP!

The only thing that I might 'complain' about is the strength of the slingshot bumpers, maybe kick those up a notch, but the fit and finish and 'all the little things' are excellent. The crystal ball is super cool too (does it actually tell you what your future shot should be? Haven't played enough yet to find out).

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes, Jonathan and Matt helped a lot and I thank them.
LTG : )

Jonathan deserved the first game on the new machine, these are the kind of gestures that make pinball survive!

#46 10 years ago

If you don't know billyd, you need to, his collection is all top notch! Bill, you want to meet up at Lloyd's this weekend for some WoZ action?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#49 10 years ago
Quoted from billyd:

Yes, I'm excited to check it out.

I'm game, I think Steve is ready to check it out too, would be cool if we could all meet up there.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from billyd:

Right on !
It's exciting when a new game hits the street. I'm glad SS billiards got the first one.

I am too!

1 week later
#80 10 years ago

I hate when life gets in the way of pinball, but, this weekend I plan on pumping some quarters into the machine again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matt_Rasmussen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/minnesota-the-only-place-to-play-the-new-wizard-of-oz?tu=Matt_Rasmussen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.