New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 99662)

Minnesota State Fair Pinball On A Stick!

By policano

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

!cap2_(resized).jpg
Public2015MPOAS.png
IMG_0699.jpg
IMG_0698_1.jpg
IMG_0697.jpg
cover.jpg
image.jpg
CHAMPIONSHIP.png
image.jpeg
JDRF.png
AndrewNew1.png
shirtproof.png
state fair 2014.jpg
GC.jpg
!!!!!people.jpg
image.jpg

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Hey Guys,

Pinball at the Minnesota State Fair is back this year! We have an awesome lineup for fair and pinball goers for 2014!

Hopefully you can come out and see us and play some pinball and eat some awesome food!

Mini Pinball On A Stick @ State Fair (Aug. 21st - Sep. 1st)
1354 Underwood St.
Falcon Heights, MN, 55108
651-288-4400
www.minipinballonastick.com
service@MPOAS.com

2014 GAMES
The Addams Family (Bally, 1992)
America's Most Haunted (Spooky Pinball, 2014)
Attack from Mars (Bally, 1995)
Bram Stoker's Dracula (Williams, 1993)
Funhouse (Williams, 1990)
Iron Man (Stern, 2010)
Medieval Madness (Williams, 1997)
Metallica (Master of Puppets - LE) (Stern, 2013)
Star Trek (Stern) (2013)
White Water (Williams, 1993)
The Wizard of Oz (LE) (Jersey Jack, 2013)
X-Men (Pro) (Stern, 2012)

PinballStickLogoV1.3.png
#2 6 years ago

I'm in! Can't wait!

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from policano:

America's Most Haunted (Spooky Pinball, 2014)

Now that is exciting !

LTG : )™

#4 6 years ago

should be awesome! The line up looks great IMO. I am excited to try out America's Most Haunted myself.

#5 6 years ago

I've been at the fair when you guys were there in the past and had an absolute blast. If I ever go to the MSF again, your booth is my first stop.

Last time I was there, Jeff Dunham performed. Two of my families favorite things are ventriloquism and pinball!

#6 6 years ago

For those that don't understand the reference, you can pretty much get any kind of food you can imagine on a stick at the fair.

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

Game setup on Sunday! We are getting ready for Thursday!

IMG_5902.jpg IMG_5907.jpg
#8 6 years ago

AMH! Sweet!
Any chance you can swing the whole setup over to the Berrien County Fair, here in Michigan?

#9 6 years ago

Is that a beer in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

image.jpg

image-348.jpg
#11 6 years ago

If we go this year, I will bring the family by. Where are you located at? Good luck at the fair. The line up looks great!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from frasethatpayz:

If we go this year, I will bring the family by. Where are you located at? Good luck at the fair. The line up looks great!

1697 Dan Patch Ave. Right next to the Butterfly House. Go in the main gates off Snelling and it's a few blocks on the right. Just before the grandstand.

#13 6 years ago

i am coming up friday night/ saturday. if it is not raining too bad i will be there!

#14 6 years ago

It was a warm, wet, and sticky first day of the Great Minnesota Get Together! AMH is back up and running and we saw great folks enjoying the games!

We look forward to seeing you all this year and thanks again for supporting Pinball at the Minnesota State Fair!

#15 6 years ago

This is an awesome idea. Would love to see the Texas State Fair do this

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from GreyhoundAggie:

This is an awesome idea. Would love to see the Texas State Fair do this

The hardest part is finding someone with a space that's willing to give up quite a bit of revenue in order to place pins there. Then, you need to find some collectors crazy enough to bring their games there.

Nothing to it.

#17 6 years ago

I'll be at the Fair next Thursday. Like every year, I'll be dropping some money in the MPOAS machines!

#18 6 years ago

That's true. Tons of space there though. And they get a bunch of visitors. I imagine some serious money could be made in this time frame.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from GreyhoundAggie:

That's true. Tons of space there though. And they get a bunch of visitors. I imagine some serious money could be made in this time frame.

Do your homework. Read up on MPOAS's costs. And no matter how many people go to a fair. They don't all go to play pinball. Lots of free stuff at the Minnesota State Fair to do, not everyone even goes there to spend money once in side.

Texas may be different. Either way you'll need some hard working dedicated individuals with games.

#20 6 years ago

Games looked great! I only got a game on woz, but the gf and parents thought it was a beautiful game!

#21 6 years ago

Wow! awesome lineup and America's Most Haunted too! One of the few places in the world you can play one.
Very cool, nice job guys.

#22 6 years ago

Just got home from the fair. Cleaned all the games and made some small adjustments and repairs. THANKS FOR FLIPPIN AT THE FAIR! It was a much nicer day today, not as hot and only 95% humidity

IMG_5963.jpg
#23 6 years ago

Pinball fun

woz.jpg

woz2.jpg
#24 6 years ago

Looks Great Billy!

Had a wonderful Saturday at the Fair! Saw a few Pinsiders

Who's coming out Sunday?

Some League flippers from East Side Pinball are going to be at the fair!

IMG_5971.jpg
#25 6 years ago

Hey there's me and my bro playing AMH.

#26 6 years ago

I played for a couple hours today. Thanks for the great selection of games! The volume on the machines was set super loud and with the shaker motors going, there was a lot of energy with the players.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Hey there's me and my bro playing AMH.

I know that dirty hippie hair anywhere.

chris

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Thanks for the great selection of games! The volume on the machines was set super loud and with the shaker motors going, there was a lot of energy with the players.

Yes, thank you. I had a lot of fun playing BSD, sure plays different without those damn lightning flippers...

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Looks Great Billy!
Had a wonderful Saturday at the Fair! Saw a few Pinsiders
Who's coming out Sunday?
Some League flippers from East Side Pinball are going to be at the fair!

IMG_5971.jpg 194 KB

I saw this thread for the first time just now. Weird. Looks like we will be out there on Saturday. We were going to go Sunday, but the Mortimer's Tournament is still this Sunday at 4:00, so we switched so I could do both.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I know that dirty hippie hair anywhere.

It's just long enough to cover my pasties when I dance professionally.

#31 6 years ago

image.jpg

WOZ with custom GI lighting added.

#32 6 years ago

image.jpg

Just thought these looked cool.

Thanks for flippin' at the fair!

John
D&G

#33 6 years ago

Was there today it was a blast. Picked up my pinball on a stick shirt.
A game stole a dollar of mine the guy gave me two free games in return.

High class operation! lots a fun,

#34 6 years ago

We stopped by TWICE on Sat. Nice games. Nice setup. Very fun to see/play America's Most Haunted. The quality of the game was very high. Great work, and lots of people enjoying pinball! -Jonathan

#35 6 years ago

I must've went in the wrong building, I only seen 1 game.

#36 6 years ago

There are two arcades. You want the one on Dan Patch, next to the Butterfly House, not the "other" one.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from alicedagoon:

I must've went in the wrong building, I only seen 1 game.

What was the one game? Did they have a WOZ in there again this year? The midway used to have a beat down FG with a Matt McKee topper but I haven't seen that in at least a year or two.

#38 6 years ago

MPOAS is the best bargain out there. Foot long hot dog $6, deep fried apple pie with cinnamon ice cream $6, dairy building malt $6 and no black berry this year, pronto pup $4.

AMH $1.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

MPOAS is the best bargain out there. Foot long hot dog $6, deep fried apple pie with cinnamon ice cream $6, dairy building malt $6 and no black berry this year, pronto pup $4.
AMH $1.

Don't forget the outstanding cheese curds and the incredible, game changing, turkey sandwich !

#40 6 years ago

This was extremely fun. I finally played well on Iron Man! It is such a treat to not only play great games, but great games BEAUTIFULLY dialed in! Count me in next year.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from L_satan:

This was extremely fun. I finally played well on Iron Man! It is such a treat to not only play great games, but great games BEAUTIFULLY dialed in! Count me in next year.

Don't have to wait until next year, come out to Mortimer's on Sunday at 4:00 for our monthly pinball party. A few of the games came from there, so you can expect the same quality, dialed in games there.

#42 6 years ago

Stopped in yesterday with my wife. I was very impressed by the line-up and quality of the games. Thanks for putting this on guys!

I wasn't a big fan of AMH but I was glad I got to play it.

#43 6 years ago

I stopped in on Saturday. Great games.
My personal favorites were Metallica LE and Star Trek Pro.

#44 6 years ago

When to the fair today with the primary objective of playing pinball. I'm going back to the fair Monday with the family but won't have much time to play pinball on Monday. I love playing both the Funhouse and Addam's Family games and the Funhouse game looks and played like it just come new out of the box. Nicest Funhouse game that I have ever seen or played. Also, somehow I put a score of 132,000,000 on the America's Most Haunted game. Not sure what I did to get that kind of score when the next highest score was like 28,000,00. Maybe the software has not worked out the kinks.

#45 6 years ago

Be there tomorrow! Is there a surly beer tent around this year, or somewhere to get a great brew?! Pinball is always better with a buzz.

#46 6 years ago

I'll be out there on Saturday with the family and will be sure to swing by. Anyone else going to be around?

#47 6 years ago

I believe the ball park up from the arcade has surly beer.

Thanks guys for stopping by and for the compliments.

#48 6 years ago

How did AMH hold up under heavy play?

#49 6 years ago

We are now in the final weekend for the Minnesota State Fair! The new Star Trek code is loaded on the machine and it got tons of play this evening!

See you Saturday?

#50 6 years ago

Thanks for always updating us. I assume you guys will release the play counts at the end. Those are the things I find interesting.

Chris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greenville, SC
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside