(Topic ID: 142575)

Minnesota, anybody have a machine with a Pinsound?

By Bob86ZZ4

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by P1NBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bob86ZZ4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Thinking about buying a Pinsound board to update one of my Williams machines. I'd sure like to find a machine running one and see what it sounds like though. If I should pose this questing in another sub forum let me know. I'm pretty new to Pinside so not sure of all the sub forums. Thanks!!

#4 8 years ago

Yes Paul, I'm surprised you haven't installed a Pinsound board yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to do the l.e.d. lights or the Pinsound. Or maybe both? I still want to come over and see your Getaway all lighted up. I think if I do the Pinsound it would either be on my Getaway or STTNG.

#6 8 years ago

I'm looking forward to it. I guess if I see your Getaway I'll have to order the l.e.d. kit before the Pinsound board though.

Thanks Blackbeard, I figured for sure I'd have to upgrade the speakers too. If for nothing else than they are very old. And it wouldn't make sense to me to upgrade the sound board without putting in new speakers.

2 weeks later
#8 8 years ago

Well, I ordered a Pinsound board for my Star Trek NG. I also ordered a set of 5.25" JVC speakers, and a 8" woofer. I ordered the 2.1 stereo wiring harness from Pinsound. I took out the 6" woofer and the rubber surround was disintegrated. I also ordered the premium l.e.d. kit for it from Cointaker. Paul, I still want to come over to check out your Getaway though. Were you at the Allarys fundraiser? That STTNG was l.e.d.'d up so that's why I decided to mod up mine. I don't think I'll be able to do these upgrades to any other machines for awhile though. Gotta spread out the expenses a bit.

#10 8 years ago

Ha, my game room is an un-finished basement. Nothing fancy. I have my drums set up in there and a huge old school stereo. And a lot of junk that she crams in there. Not enough storage in this house.

1 week later
#12 8 years ago

Well, now we have a Minnesota pinsider with a www.pinsound.org sound board! Me!! I got it running yesterday. Wow the board came quick. I think about a week from when I ordered it on their site to delivery. Pretty good from France. Got out just before the attacks. I don't know if that will slow anything down over there for a bit. I did have some difficulty getting the sound files downloaded and onto the Sandisk jump drive and into the machine. Turns out I was trying to use the wrong download. Once I found the correct download here: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=84 it worked great. The first power up with that download it took a LONG time to extract the files. Like 30 minutes or so. But now it boots right up and sounds fantastic. I've got lots of playing to do to try to get all the sounds to play. I might have to just leave the glass off for awhile and cheat a bit. Hahahaha. MustangPaul, come over sometime to hear it. I started putting all the led's in but wow is that a long tedious job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 64.99
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bob86ZZ4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/minnesota-anybody-have-a-machine-with-a-pinsound?tu=Bob86ZZ4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.