Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JDI2 (resized).JPG
    Remakes1 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0404 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0400 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Traveling for work for two days. Any awesome places to play? We plan on going to republic for beers and food.

#2 6 years ago

If I might be so bold.

SS Billiards ( http://ssbilliards.com/ ) 732 11th Ave So, Hopkins.

19 pins, and me. Open noon to midnight ( 2pm to 10pm Sundays ) and I can be open sooner or later to assist travelers if you let me know in advance.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Tilt (16ish pins?) Well Maintained
    Up/Down (7ish pins?) Poorly Maintained
    Blainebrook Bowl (20ish pins?) Moderately Maintained
    Minnesota State Fair (7ish pins?) Well Maintained
    SS Billiards (19 pins)Well Maintained

#4 6 years ago

On the flight to Minneapolis from O'hare. Looks like ss billiards tonight after surley beer hall.

Are the machines pay per game or hourly entrance rate?

#5 6 years ago

these are from a few years ago but here is were I always go when in MN

IMG_0400 (resized).JPGIMG_0400 (resized).JPG

IMG_0404 (resized).JPGIMG_0404 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

Are the machines pay per game

This. One is a quarter, some are 50¢, some 75¢ and some a dollar.

I'll be here until midnight, or later if you are having fun.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

here is were I always go when in MN

Thank you !

Remakes1 (resized).JPGRemakes1 (resized).JPG

JDI2 (resized).JPGJDI2 (resized).JPG

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

On the flight to Minneapolis from O'hare. Looks like ss billiards tonight after surley beer hall.
    Are the machines pay per game or hourly entrance rate?

Find any locations near you or any specific pins you are looking for in MN...

https://pinballmap.com/minnesota

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Find any locations near you or any specific pins you are looking for in MN...
    https://pinballmap.com/minnesota

I was on mobile and for some reason pin map showed none which I thought was odd which is why I started the post. Locations showed up when I was on desktop after.

#10 6 years ago

SS is the best in my book with the best machines, no loud music, and good lighting.
    Tilt is #2, lots of $0.25 DMD games and beer
    Don't bother with Blainebrook bowl, the games are set to maximum greed, no ball save, many are $1 per play.

#11 6 years ago

Is Can Can Wonderland still cool? I was there this spring and was wowed.

#12 6 years ago

Sorry LTG. Ss billiards was just slightly farther away than we wanted to drive so ended up going to tilt as it was only 6 minutes from our hotel. Very impressive place/ lineup. I was shocked about the prices of the games. Over here on east coast you be hard pressed to find a game under 75 cents.

I try to stay away from all the hype posts around new games (which means I'm completely naive on rules and gameplay) so I was able to play a lot of first time games. Star Wars was very fast and seemed to have good flow. Like the Death Star loop thing similar to the engine loop from HS2. Dialed in was fun to play. Had no idea what I was doing but the flow was great on it. BM66 was meh. I can see why IM is so well liked. Enjoyed it very much. tAF and TZ were very well maintained which made gameplay more enjoyable. I guess the ones I played in the past were not set up well. Loved radical! Afmr was very vibrant and fast.

All in all a great experience.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grangeomatic:

Is Can Can Wonderland still cool? I was there this spring and was wowed.

No , unfortunately the people who had their games in there had to pull them out.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

No , unfortunately the people who had their games in there had to pull them out.

Still lists a ton of pinball machines on pinballmap (https://pinballmap.com/minnesota?utf8=%E2%9C%93&by_location_id=7858&by_location_name=). Are they all gone or were they replaced?

Also, any background on why they had to pull them out that can be shared (pure curiosity).

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from tiesmasc:

Still lists a ton of pinball machines on pinballmap (https://pinballmap.com/minnesota?utf8=%E2%9C%93&by_location_id=7858&by_location_name=). Are they all gone or were they replaced?
    Also, any background on why they had to pull them out that can be shared (pure curiosity).

I believe there are some there. I'm not sure that list is accurate, I've actually never been there before. As for removing them, I don't know all the details but I believe there was a disagreement over some expectations between the game owners and the location owner. I think the location owners want more newer, high earning titles.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I think the location owners want more newer, high earning titles.

They'll have problems finding an operator willing to put in a hundred grand worth of equipment. They are a non profit, so not likely to buy their own equipment.

They had a good deal with the man who had games there. Running tournaments and stuff for them.

1 month later
    #17 6 years ago

I would agree with what Langless said last month. Just went to Tilt this weekend and thought the place was excellent. I went on Sunday morning right when they opened up and found the place to be clean, very reasonably priced and well maintained. The only potential problem is parking is on the street. It can be hard to find a spot sometimes in that neighborhood. All in all a great place and I'll definitely go back when I'm in town.

1 month later
    #18 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

They'll have problems finding an operator willing to put in a hundred grand worth of equipment. They are a non profit, so not likely to buy their own equipment.
    They had a good deal with the man who had games there. Running tournaments and stuff for them.

LTG did they really kill their deal with the op? He was a cool guy. When I was there the machines were getting a ton of use, mostly from kids in the 7-12 age range. I'm not so sure a newer machine would make more.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

did they really kill their deal with the op?

Apparently games still there. No more pinball events ?

Quoted from Brijam:

He was a cool guy

Yes he is.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/minneapolis-spots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.