• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200126_184428 (1) (resized).jpg
20200126_184440 (1) (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I purchased a set of STTNG backbox decals from Ministry of Pinball. See images, the decals are a matte finish and the blue is way off. Ministry of Pinball attempted to just brush it off stating they were all like that and the blue would be off on all of them. They eventually offered to allow me to ship back to their US supplier, but when I asked for the name/address they dropped all communication (nothing since Feb 24th from them, I have reached out 3x since then).

These are not genuine/next gen decals; I confirmed with both Planetary Pinball and Mr. Pinball AU. Thought I would share this so others will hopefully avoid spending $100 on sub par product with poor customer service.
20200126_184428 (1) (resized).jpg20200126_184428 (1) (resized).jpg20200126_184440 (1) (resized).jpg20200126_184440 (1) (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Iv ordered next gen decals from them before and the correct stuff turned up. Maybe had a bad batch for that particular machine?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I purchased a set of STTNG backbox decals from Ministry of Pinball. See images, the decals are a matte finish and the blue is way off. Ministry of Pinball attempted to just brush it off stating they were all like that and the blue would be off on all of them. They eventually offered to allow me to ship back to their US supplier, but when I asked for the name/address they dropped all communication (nothing since Feb 24th from them, I have reached out 3x since then).
These are not genuine/next gen decals; I confirmed with both Planetary Pinball and Mr. Pinball AU. Thought I would share this so others will hopefully avoid spending $100 on sub par product with poor customer service.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that quality sucks. It's not even in the same color UNIVERSE.

#4 4 years ago

I purchased a set from free-play.se and they turned out really nice.

https://www.free-play.se/en/cabinet-parts/cabinet-decals/backbox-art/star-trek-the-next-generation-backbox-art-2-pcs.html

Licensed next gen backbox decals for STTNG are few and far between right now.

#5 4 years ago

That sucks man. I’ve done a few games haven’t had this problem yet, well on pinball decals. Doing up a tron arcade right now and the fluorescents on the decals aren’t fluorescents.
But still better then what was there. Also maybe it won’t be so noticeable once’s it’s installed. Good luck and thanks for the heads up.

#6 4 years ago

Update:
Since my original post, Ministry of Pinball has responded. The decals are from Classic Arcades, which explains the quality issues. We have reached a resolution, so in the end Ministry of Pinball did follow through.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I purchased a set from free-play.se and they turned out really nice.
https://www.free-play.se/en/cabinet-parts/cabinet-decals/backbox-art/star-trek-the-next-generation-backbox-art-2-pcs.html
Licensed next gen backbox decals for STTNG are few and far between right now.

Thanks for the link.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Update:
Since my original post, Ministry of Pinball has responded. The decals are from Classic Arcades, which explains the quality issues. We have reached a resolution, so in the end Ministry of Pinball did follow through.

Maybe update the title to reflect that you were made whole?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Maybe update the title to reflect that you were made whole?

The decal quality has not changed, what would you recommend?

#10 4 years ago

call out Classic Arcades rather than M O P ?

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

call out Classic Arcades rather than M O P ?

Fair enough, topic title changed. I still feel M O P is partially responsible as they are the re-seller who are willfully selling this grade of product and that they only resumed communication after I posted on Pinside.

#12 4 years ago

So I have to ask. Is it color or quality?
I looked at the one there selling on e-bay and there picture show's its a darker blue than the original blue.
So is this your complaint?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

So I have to ask. Is it color or quality?
I looked at the one there selling on e-bay and there picture show's its a darker blue than the original blue.
So is this your complaint?

Quality = the standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind; the degree of excellence of something.

So I guess my answer is yes to both. The color is off, most notably in the blues. The finish (sheen) is also not correct. If your question is about the grade of the material, it is fine, probably even better than the original...but what is the point when it looks bad. If you bought an ultra sharp 8K display, but the colors were off, would it matter how crisp the picture looks?

#14 4 years ago

I only asked because your picture only shows the corner of the head remake which mostly you can only see the difference in the blue.
Thanks.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Fair enough, topic title changed. I still feel M O P is partially responsible as they are the re-seller who are willfully selling this grade of product and that they only resumed communication after I posted on Pinside.

I would have left MOP in the title. After all they are the ones you bought the item from right? Did you even know Classic Arcades was the maker of the decals before communicating with MOP?

3 months later
#16 3 years ago

I am sorry to say I tried a set of STTNG backbox decals from Free-Play.SE and found them to be inferior quality. Used the dry method install.They don't adhere well to the cabinet. I waited a week to put the carriage bolts back on and barely tightened them by hand and every spot where a carriage bolt goes the decals are wrinkling and bubbling. I've done dozens and dozens of decal jobs but these decals simply put suck. I would not recommend them.

1 year later
#17 2 years ago

I wish i would have seen this post before i bought an apron decal from ministry. I have the same thing going on with the matte finish not matching the rest of the games decals.
Im curious, what was the resolution?

5 months later
#18 1 year ago

Resolution?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 63.95
$ 9.95
$ 64.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ministry-of-pinball-decal-warning-poor-quality?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.