Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dr (resized).png
images (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Sorry for the English translation. Do you know why the second ball that enters the holes in the miniplayfield Dr. Who, that not stay and is returned immediately?

#2 7 years ago

I just picked up doctor who so I am sure someone else knows better but mine will automatically kick the ball out if I haven't lit the lock yet by hitting the center target

#3 7 years ago

When you start the game, both locks are lit. Once the first ball is locked in place, you can then lock the second ball. The playfield should rise up, then lower to release both and start multiball. If this is not happening, something is going wrong. Do a switch test to make sure they are registering correctly. Does is happen one side only?

#4 7 years ago

There's a few reasons that this could happen. Some are normal with game play and others could be a disconnect in some of the bundle of wires to the MPF.

My Spanish is worse than your English.

Can you make a movie of the entire mode? No translation is required

faz

#5 7 years ago

I think Faz has a psychic connection to all Dr Who problems - and we thank him for this! If anyone can help - he can.

#6 7 years ago

My Dr. Who was doing this exact thing and it was a problem with the Bi-Directional motor drive board Part#A-15680. The #2 ball would go into the playfield and get kicked out immediately so multiball was not possible. There are some replacement boards out there or you may wish to have your board checked for faults and repaired.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

My Dr. Who was doing this exact thing and it was a problem with the Bi-Directional motor drive board Part#A-15680. The #2 ball would go into the playfield and get kicked out immediately so multiball was not possible. There are some replacement boards out there or you may wish to have your board checked for faults and repaired.

I just hunted this board down for mine. They are out of stock everywhere. Make a want ad and someone on here will have it. That's what I did and I had several responses. A friend of mine had the board so I didn't end up buying or from pinside but they are out there. Same board fits cirqus Voltaire, white water, and party zone

#8 7 years ago

The time expander mini playfield is complicated. Very complicated. People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non linear non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey ... stuff.
(I always wanted to say that)dr (resized).pngdr (resized).png

#9 7 years ago

I had mine repaired here http://webpages.charter.net/coinopcauldron/brepairs.html along with several other system 11 boards and Gottlieb system 80 boards as well.

#10 7 years ago

I had re-designed the board and I still sell them.
See add onhere.

But I think the board isn't at fault here.
you probably have to lite the lock again
(you can change this in the ADJ menu I believe)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

£ 110.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miniplayfield-dr-who and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.