20131101_150500.jpg
image.jpg
PART_1376593798029.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#100 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I'm in for whatever is available, put me on your list.

Is a Addams Family alright?

#101 10 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

The problem with getting a real pin, you'll never be able to stop at just one.

Yea ik but ill have to wait till I get my own place my girls already prepared she loves pinball also so its all good.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I'll take an f14 for sure if you ever get around to it.Another thought would be a generic kit machine for old EM games, because there's no ramps or custom pieces. No artwork just a flat playfield and a bag of a couple bits (bumpers, slings, flippers) that can be glued wherever and painted however. Then the customer could "build" their own machine.I'd totally be into getting a DIY kit of parts. I love model building.

That sounds cool as a kit but that's a lot for me to handle I prefer to sell a finished project. If you would want to DIY you should try it for yourself but I'm not going to sell pieces. Ill let you know on the F14

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

The problem with getting a real pin, you'll never be able to stop at just one.

I have this feeling that will be the same problem with a miniature replica.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from Rabscuttle:

I have this feeling that will be the same problem with a miniature replica.

Haha, I wouldn't bet against that!

#105 10 years ago

I don't mind waiting so you can ship my Addams Family and Black Knight together to save on costs possibly but it's up to you really.

#106 10 years ago

I may end up like dorthy tonight in land of OZ and your machines will be on long time back up. Tornado Sirens going off here hopefully the house holds. We haven't had tornado in years but that doesn't mean anything worlds changing a lot.

#107 10 years ago

Crikey! Hope it all passes without incident!

#108 10 years ago

Report back to let us know all is well! Hang in there. You're correct, the world IS changing a lot.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I don't mind waiting so you can ship my Addams Family and Black Knight together to save on costs possibly but it's up to you really.

That's a good idea seeing that you live over seas it would be more cost effective to charge for one shipping instead of two.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Rabscuttle:

Report back to let us know all is well! Hang in there. You're correct, the world IS changing a lot.

Everything is OK now it appears still some rain but thats it for now. MY internet is actually working so I'm able to reply to people now off my tablet yay.

#112 10 years ago

Any luck with Judge Dredd artwork?

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Any luck with Judge Dredd artwork?

I just looked into it and I can't find any appropriate art for it that will do good.

#114 10 years ago

Here are pictures of sideart for Space Shuttle. IMG_20130517_123453_787.jpgIMG_20130517_123453_787.jpg

#115 10 years ago

More pics.

IMG_20130517_123547_128.jpgIMG_20130517_123547_128.jpg

#116 10 years ago

More pics.

IMG_20130517_123522_417.jpgIMG_20130517_123522_417.jpg

#117 10 years ago

More pics.

IMG_20130517_123802_314.jpgIMG_20130517_123802_314.jpg

#118 10 years ago

In for updates as well!

Chris

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

The Youtube video's maximum quality is 240p which is pretty low for showing the detail.
Incidentally, I'm wondering how people would feel about having no lights and sound. They seem to be a major cost factor and in my opinion probably not that essential. I mean, it;s pretty cool I suppose but only having the backbox lighting up isn't particularly realistic is it? And the sound is nice touch but ultimately this is about being an accurate visual replica. I notice that most people opted for the full package though including me but is that just because no one wants the 'budget' model? If everyone got the same, no lights and no sound I think everyone would be just as happy although I'm ready for the angry responses...
Do you think it would be easier for you to cost these without the sound and lights or maybe just the have the sound because the lights are definately not a deal breaker for me the more I think about it and I guess most others. It would even help reduce the shipping weight.
I'd be interested to hear what everyone else thinks though. I'm happy enough to go with the consensus if it's easier for you to make them all the same spec.

Yeah I would be happy with a standard model, especially if I could get it faster. Looks like the list to buy is VERY long.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

Here are pictures of sideart for Space Shuttle.

Here's the main problem with this machine I need a good top down view of a populated playfield non found also the pictures you sent me for sides may work but there is a glare and I can't touch that up to much and they really have to be dead on pictures no slight angles or the art won't go on properly.

#121 10 years ago

On a side note just received my PAPATV kick starter survey form email.

#122 10 years ago

I know there is a line and I don't mind waiting. Can you put me on the list for a Swords of Fury with light and sound?

#123 10 years ago

I am an electro mechanical engineer and have thought about doing something like this for months. I would buy this If i had the time and money i would live to do a playable version.

#124 10 years ago

I will definitely take an Elvira and the Party Monsters if and when it can be done. Please LMK when and if. Thanks

bca_eatpm_2008_03_22_40_translite_new_.jpgbca_eatpm_2008_03_22_40_translite_new_.jpg

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from EvilJack:

I know there is a line and I don't mind waiting. Can you put me on the list for a Swords of Fury with light and sound?

sure thing just need to check into the artwork and ill let you know. Thanks Justin

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

I am an electro mechanical engineer and have thought about doing something like this for months. I would buy this If i had the time and money i would live to do a playable version.

I've been wanting to do it also for over a year now after seeing the paper models I wanted full 3D as real as possibly could get for a miniature model. I would love to do a playable model tooi wish there was a way to do that with slings bumbers flippers some kind of score keeper. I'm just not good with electronics like wiring and knowing how to program stuff like that. More mechanical for me I think. I'm just an artist and a builder I love to build things. I thought for flippers like using the small rc servo motors or something it would just get to pricey and would be alot of work. Scale would need to be much larger also but still table size.

If your intrested in a certain model just let me know so I can put you down or you can wait and see what I make. I'm only building on commision though I don't want to put all the money in not knowing if its sold.
Thanks Justin

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I will definitely take an Elvira and the Party Monsters if and when it can be done. Please LMK when and if. Thanks

Let me look into the art I'm sure I can get appropriate materials and I'll let you know if its possible and contact you whenever it is finished. Thanks Justin

#128 10 years ago

I have just invested in some different lights then the ones previously used batterys can be swaped out 3 double As and they are still LEDs with W options solid or blinking they work perfect. Cost will not go up more than what I've previously said. So if anyone doesn't like blinking they can have solid great deal. They will be in all new cabs. Mind you I'm still working out some kinks so be alittle patcient with me.

#129 10 years ago

Anyone with access to an Addams Family? I have all art but a very good playfield shot top down shots straight down are needed to make it as real and fit best as possible. If anyone can get this let me know if not ill keep searching.

#130 10 years ago

from IPDB

image-39.jpgimage-39.jpg

#131 10 years ago

But that's an awful photograph...

This is screengrab from the Visual Pinball cabinet view. The VP community might be a good resource for these models actually. Check out VP Forums. It's not a totally top down angle. It's designed to look good on a virtual pinball cabinet. It's probably better that way though maybe. There's a little bit of DMD showing in the top left that could be photoshopped out by the way.

addamspf.jpgaddamspf.jpg

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Me too.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Let me look into the art I'm sure I can get appropriate materials and I'll let you know if its possible and contact you whenever it is finished. Thanks Justin

Thanks, KISS would look nice too.....

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

But that's an awful photograph... This is screengrab from the Visual Pinball cabinet view. The VP community might be a good resource for these models actually. Check out VP Forums. It's not a totally top down angle. It's designed to look good on a virtual pinball cabinet. It's probably better that way though maybe. There's a little bit of DMD showing in the top left that could be photoshopped out by the way.

Thabks! That actually helps a lot and I never thought abut that this is pretty decent I got some others so ill pcik out the best stuff and put it all together. That photo is a really great top down view just what I needed. Got my platics for the ramps today and a lot more materials to get more done faster. Everyone who ordered a Addams Family will be getting them done around the same time easier to build in assembly line.

3 weeks later
#135 10 years ago

Just a small update picture. Give it till the end of this coming week and I should be requesting paypall payment. Thanks for your patience I will first post another video though to show everyone this sweet model.

IMG_20130705_181703.jpgIMG_20130705_181703.jpg

#136 10 years ago

If I took hi res pictures of my Judge Dredd machine could you do a model then?

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

If I took hi res pictures of my Judge Dredd machine could you do a model then?

Very much so yes I could then. Still a line though. If you do feel like doing it send them to [email protected]. they need to be full straight on images though no crooked angles I can't edit that out if its angled it won't print right.

#138 10 years ago

I also have new flipper buttons and a few other suprises to come.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Very much so yes I could then. Still a line though. If you do feel like doing it send them to [email protected]. they need to be full straight on images though no crooked angles I can't edit that out if its angled it won't print right.

Might be a dumb question but do you need pictures of both sides of the cabinet? If you didn't then I wouldn't have to move the 300 pound beast away from the wall.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Might be a dumb question but do you need pictures of both sides of the cabinet? If you didn't then I wouldn't have to move the 300 pound beast away from the wall.

No as long as both sides are the same then its fine I can flip the image.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Just a small update picture. Give it till the end of this coming week and I should be requesting paypall payment. Thanks for your patience I will first post another video though to show everyone this sweet model.

Love your idea!!,Pretty cool and I'll give you my list after you take a break.I'm sure your PM box is filled up!! Way to go!!....

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Love your idea!!,Pretty cool and I'll give you my list after you take a break.I'm sure your PM box is filled up!! Way to go!!....

Thanks! Yeah I have many orders you can give me a list now and ill see if there's any on the list that will fit in with a coming batch. Just shoot me a private message and ill put you in line.

#144 10 years ago

I don't think doing the flipper's, bumper's and sling shots would be a problem nor would the lights and switches be a big deal but yes the logic or gameplay would have to be done with an arduino board or something similar. It would of coarse be a boiled down version of the real game but i think it is do-able. i could guess i would be in the 500 to 700 dollar range.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

I don't think doing the flipper's, bumper's and sling shots would be a problem nor would the lights and switches be a big deal but yes the logic or gameplay would have to be done with an arduino board or something similar. It would of coarse be a boiled down version of the real game but i think it is do-able. i could guess i would be in the 500 to 700 dollar range.

Still out of my price range or many people for a model even a playable model that's a bit steep if you could keep the cost around 200 would sell but I doubt for 200 would even cover parts and labor. If I wear to figure out how to build one I would just keep it for myself. You'd really be getting into some risky lawsuit stuff there having playable parts mine are just models nothing more.

#146 10 years ago

Oh i would never intend to sell it just something for myself i would love to try. At best i would sell a generic or no-name pinball machine. Though to be able to re-create some of my favorite games in miniature would be awesome. I have been pondering doing a 1/2 scale machine with full capabilities for some time now. and if i were to guess what scale i could shrink it down too and still be able to have everything a real machine has i would say 1/4 at best. I would try to stay true to a real table functionality with solenoids instead of servo's or motors. Accurately scaled balls and parts. I have a full machine shop at my disposal so making it would not be a problem. The only thing i see being an issue besides the logic is the playfield art. I can't see myself being able to do a good silk-screening well enough to were i might as well just print something out and clear coat over it. Since all pinball or say, Williams parts are the same I.E. posts, targets, slingshots, flippers, pop bumpers etc. i could very easily model these in Solid works and have them 3d printed or machined to work on a large range of tables. Yea, this could be fun. I have already dabbled in creating or re-creating some of my favorite tables in 3D. You can see them here...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/qpCvuLgQwOU?autoplay=1&rel=0

#147 10 years ago

I'd love a Scared Stiff ...how about you, Robert?

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Oh i would never intend to sell it just something for myself i would love to try. At best i would sell a generic or no-name pinball machine. Though to be able to re-create some of my favorite games in miniature would be awesome. I have been pondering doing a 1/2 scale machine with full capabilities for some time now. and if i were to guess what scale i could shrink it down too and still be able to have everything a real machine has i would say 1/4 at best. I would try to stay true to a real table functionality with solenoids instead of servo's or motors. Accurately scaled balls and parts. I have a full machine shop at my disposal so making it would not be a problem. The only thing i see being an issue besides the logic is the playfield art. I can't see myself being able to do a good silk-screening well enough to were i might as well just print something out and clear coat over it. Since all pinball or say, Williams parts are the same I.E. posts, targets, slingshots, flippers, pop bumpers etc. i could very easily model these in Solid works and have them 3d printed or machined to work on a large range of tables. Yea, this could be fun. I have already dabbled in creating or re-creating some of my favorite tables in 3D. You can see them here...
http://www.youtube.com/embed/qpCvuLgQwOU?autoplay=1&rel=
» YouTube video

In 1/12 scale your gonna run into some major clearance and actual functionality loss not to mention growing images unless professionaly done. Even my 1/8th scale its still to small for that I have never seen small enough solenoids. What were you thinking of? I'd like to see a finished model or just playable game and here's how you could make some money make detailed video of the process and you could sell the DVD copies I would buy.

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Yeah but like others have said these are not my designs no art work there's copyright issues here I'm not even sure that I can be doing this. Its just a craft hobby type thing I'm not trying to put company's out of bus. Most have already gone out anyway. I know ill sell a lot just fine here keeping it small if I need more business later on I will post on new medies but I'm already swamped here. And I hope to buy a real machine once I get more funds and get back on my feet I've been job hunting for months. Ill let you know about that f14 tomcat for you. Thanks for your input!

Interesting fact: Under US copyright law, base statutory damages are between $750 and $30,000 per infringing work. No need to show actual losses/damages to copyright owner, not based on any profits, etc. Statutory damages for willful infringement can be up to $150,000 per work.

Not a legal opinion. Just the facts. Just sayin'.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 39.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miniature-18th-scale-pinball-models-full-3d/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.