Topic Stats

• 339 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by eharan
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tiny_pin_pricelist.jpg
001-171.JPG
002-439.JPG
20131101_150916.jpg
20131101_150817.jpg
20131101_150756.jpg
20131101_150435.jpg
20131101_150413.jpg
20131101_150500.jpg
image.jpg
PART_1376593798029.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 7 years ago

Hello fellow pinheads! I've been working on a little project for the last month Miniature 1/8th scale pinball models. Now I know there has already been some guys doing this but I wasn't totally satisfied with their models so I decided to start my own. For my first model I decided I would do a great classic game I love by designer Steve Ritchie the Black Knight. I really want these models to be like looking at a shrunken machine. To do this I have went with doing a full 3D playfield no paper ramps and a few key features I wanted everything that sticks out to stick out. I used sheet metal to make ramps and other features that use metal. I've used the Aluminum sheet metal to also make the legs these aren't paper or cardboard. I use glass type plastic for crafts or custom frames for playfield glass and back glass. I only plan to do models I can get good artwork for I don't want it to look like junk. I will be selling these to anyone interested I'm charging for my time and materials to build these sweet models I don't not own or claim ownership to original designs or artwork those still belong to their respective owners. The models by the way also have lights in back box and a sound chip if you choose that option, you can see both features in the demo video. If interested please let me know any requests that I can get appropriate art for I can do. Black Knight is available right now. There's a lot of patience and passion in this thanks for taking a look even if you hate it. Here is the video better detail explained in there. One Quick mention one of these will be offered as a tourney prize for Mad Rollin tourney this September in WI. Check it out and register limited spots left Hilton is running it and is a great guy and fellow pinhead! http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-mad-rollin-pinball-2014-saturday-september-14th-2013

IMG_20130610_125345.jpg

20131101_150500.jpg
#2 7 years ago

Impressive! Didn't expect sound or lights at all. The 3D playfield really adds a lot of depth. Great work!

#3 7 years ago

If the cost is right it looks like a winner. Would be interested in 90's Williams-Ballys titles.

#4 7 years ago

Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY! Please make some more of these. Just watch out for the intellectual property police

#5 7 years ago

looks awesome. Always loved these mini games. If I collected them, I have no idea where i'd put them, but they are awesome. Nice work.

#6 7 years ago

Wow, that's fantastic. You've got some talent!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

Impressive! Didn't expect sound or lights at all. The 3D playfield really adds a lot of depth. Great work!

Thanks I wanted to add as much realism as possible.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

If the cost is right it looks like a winner. Would be interested in 90's Williams-Ballys titles.

Let me know what titles you maybe thinking of or what you would like if you want one. $60 for sound and lights $50 with either sound or lights you choose $40 without sound and lights.

#9 7 years ago

Looks great!

#10 7 years ago

I have two of the uk guy's ones.. Both are showing a lot of cabinet fade now; did you do anything to prevent that?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY! Please make some more of these. Just watch out for the intellectual property police

Haha I'll gladly take any unneeded money off your hands bills are piling up. If you would like one for sure let me know I'll see if I can make it for you! Yea I know that's one thing I'm worries about I have to put disclaimer its not my original designs or art just charging for the crafting. I'm not doing this to steel money from company's. I'm doing this as a passion for pinball. When I got more into pinball I was looking for something like this since I can't afford a real machine right now but what I did find didn't satisfy me and I was surprised no one else has done good 3d models.

#12 7 years ago

Add me to the list. I would love an Addams Family to give to my mom, because the little model one I already got for her is damaged. Also great would be Jurassic Park.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I have two of the uk guy's ones.. Both are showing a lot of cabinet fade now; did you do anything to prevent that?

I could throw a quick coat of clear coat on it that would help and bring out the art a bit more.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

looks awesome. Always loved these mini games. If I collected them, I have no idea where i'd put them, but they are awesome. Nice work.

I know where to put them as toppers they'll look great.

#15 7 years ago

I'd like to hear about future offerings. Thanks!

#16 7 years ago

I would take a MM or CC or a Totan if you did one?-I want one with lights and sound as well. Keep me posted.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Add me to the list. I would love an Addams Family to give to my mom, because the little model one I already got for her is damaged. Also great would be Jurassic Park.

I can definitely make an Adams Family for your mom great table I have the art work already will take a week or two to get it all together though if that's OK I have to hand build obviously. and if you would really like a Jurassic Park I can look into that for you? Would you like lights and sound for the Addams Family machine or lights or sound or none at all? Prices are $60 for sound and lights $50 with either sound or lights you choose $40 without sound and lights.

#18 7 years ago

Nice f*#%in model! *honk*
Seriously that thing is bad ass.

#19 7 years ago

Here's what I'm talking about from what the other guy that was doing these (granted, his were even cheaper than yours shipped from uk, so hard to get mad about it.

<image was way too big>

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I'd like to hear about future offerings. Thanks!

I will post finished tables as they become done in a different thread.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would take a MM or CC or a Totan if you did one?-I want one with lights and sound as well. Keep me posted.

I can definitely look into those which one would you like the most if I did it?

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

I can definitely make an Adams Family for your mom great table I have the art work already will take a week or two to get it all together though if that's OK I have to hand build obviously. and if you would really like a Jurassic Park I can look into that for you? Would you like lights and sound for the Addams Family machine or lights or sound or none at all? Prices are $60 for sound and lights $50 with either sound or lights you choose $40 without sound and lights.

The full works Addams sounds great. Lights and sound would be very cool. Her birthday is late August so that would work out, and if not by then she can always get it at Christmas.

#23 7 years ago

That is TOTALLY WICKED! Sign me up for a Bally Star Trek. Need to reward myself for when a make 10,000 karma! Let me know how/when you want paid.
edit: lights and sound plz!

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

man, there isnt' any IJ that's safe from fade.

Yeah, a little too realistic

#25 7 years ago

I'm in, too, and I almost don't care what title, that is so cool.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

The full works Addams sounds great. Lights and sound would be very cool. Her birthday is late August so that would work out, and if not by then she can always get it at Christmas.

Oh for sure it'll be done before then! Give it two to 3 weeks tops now that I know what I'm doing I can do it faster than the first one. Ill contact you when its done or maybe even some update pics. Thanks oh by the way the lights in the playfield I cannot do right now due to it would tear it up and look really tacky. They do work in the back box though like the video if that's ok.

Post edited by jjsrt8 : mispelling

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Rabscuttle:

I'm in, too, and I almost don't care what title, that is so cool.

Well I have a Black Knight finished unless you would like something else? Let me know Thanks.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

That is TOTALLY WICKED! Sign me up for a Bally Star Trek. Need to reward myself for when a make 10,000 karma! Let me know how/when you want paid.

I will look into the art work and let you know its 60 plus shipping when its finished ill proably be setting up a paypal I already have one so ill look into best way for both parties to sell these. I will only charge if completed.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Oh for sure it'll be done before then! Give it two to 3 weeks tops now that I know what I'm doing I can do it faster than the first one. Ill contact you when its done or maybe even some update pics. Thanks oh by the way the lights in the playfield I cannot do right now due to it would tear it up and look really tacky. They do work in the back box though like the video if that's ok.
Post edited by jjsrt8 : mispelling

Sounds great! I was replying earlier while at the eye dr and can barely see now, but just let me know when it is ready and when you want payment. We'll figure out JP later since you'd have to research it, and from the looks of this thread we're going to be keeping you busy.

#30 7 years ago

Coool
I would be a buyer if you start making these!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Sounds great! I was replying earlier while at the eye dr and can barely see now, but just let me know when it is ready and when you want payment. We'll figure out JP later since you'd have to research it, and from the looks of this thread we're going to be keeping you busy.

I will surely let you know when she's ready to go if it is a she I'm not sure whatever you want it to be I guess. I will only charge when complete I still need to check on shipping will be a little extra will package so there's no issues. Haha yes I'm going to be busy now I have another private email from a buyer who wants a Adams Family also so both going to be built same time. Best selling machine so fair haha like in the 90s. Ill look into the JP for you and let you know.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

Coool
I would be a buyer if you start making these!

I'm making them so I would just need to know what you would like I don't want to put to much money in before I know if there's a buyer material isn't cheap. I'm barely making much profit but I can't charge to much or I wouldn't sell any so this is a passion thing.

#33 7 years ago

Wow, very impressive! I have a bunch of these from other sellers and they aren't anywhere near as nice. I see a lot of these in my future if you set up a website and make it easy for folks to order them from...

#34 7 years ago

Is this what your wanting or the williams model?

star_trek.jpeg

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Wow, very impressive! I have a bunch of these from other sellers and they aren't anywhere near as nice. I see a lot of these in my future if you set up a website and make it easy for folks to order them from...

Thanks very much! I will be looking into that for sure. I want to find best way to request a model but not have to pay till its ready unless anyone objects to that because they will take 2 to 3 weeks to make a model if not sooner. I will research this tonight I want it to be simple as well so I don't loose track and less stress thanks for input I feel you.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

I can definitely look into those which one would you like the most if I did it?

I would like MM. Let me know-thanks

#37 7 years ago

I bought a bk2k off the ebay guy, no fade but the legs are getting crushed and the playfield is so thin it came unglued when I tried dusting it. The paper models are a waste of money unless you put them in a case.

#38 7 years ago

Can you make a BBH? How much???

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would like MM. Let me know-thanks

I'll let you know when its done I have lots of requests to work on I didn't even expect this much thanks! I'll be setting up some form of web page so its official.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I bought a bk2k off the ebay guy, no fade but the legs are getting crushed and the playfield is so thin it came unglued when I tried dusting it. The paper models are a waste of money unless you put them in a case.

Glass isn't thin on these Joe definitely not and is held on top of cabinet covered by side rails won't be falling in unless you push it you would crack it probably first.

#41 7 years ago

Man that is talent, and for 60 bucks,put me down for atleast one. Love it... I like anything 1980 and up that you could do. Fantastic Black Knight!

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

Can you make a BBH? How much???

Just looked into it yes I can do a big buck hunter pro 60 dollars with lights in back box and sound 50 with either lights or sound you choose and 40 for just the machine no extras.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

Man that is talent, and for 60 bucks,put me down for atleast one. Love it... I like anything 1980 and up that you could do. Fantastic Black Knight!

Would Williams Indiana Jones the Pinball Adventure one be OK with you? I would love to work on that one a favorite of mine and I know it would look great! I already have the art work it will take some time though many orders now but let me know. I hope to get a official web page of some sorts with order form.

#44 7 years ago

I'd be in for a "Judge Dredd" with lights and sound.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I'd be in for a "Judge Dredd" with lights and sound.

Let me get back to you on that gota see if good artwork can be aquired I haven many orders now so it maybe awhile before I would have one made up if possible thanks.

#46 7 years ago

Yes, IJ would be great. WH20 or STTNG also.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Yes, IJ would be great. WH20 or STTNG also.

Are you asking for one of these titles?

#48 7 years ago

Yes. Any one of the three for starters.

#49 7 years ago

Yes! Count me in.

BBH $60. Lights-white and solid just like the real one. As in for sounds, what can you do?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside