You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AAB Setting Adjustment (resized).JPG
MiniZag AAB Schematic Snips (resized).jpg
image-24 (resized).jpg
4EC30D7F-175C-478D-9A31-2AC9E53C6969 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I’m adding the AAB relay to a Mini Zag and I can’t identify the selector plug that switches from earning replays to earning extra balls.

There are several selector plugs on the front edge of the main relay board but there is not a label on any of them. Here is a picture of the selectors on the main relay board. Is it one of these?

I could also use a photo of the replay threshold pin settings. It says it is on the inside of the back door which is blank on this game.

4EC30D7F-175C-478D-9A31-2AC9E53C6969 (resized).jpeg4EC30D7F-175C-478D-9A31-2AC9E53C6969 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

So that plug and jumper plug reside on the main relay board.

I was aware I needed to remove the jumper plug and then plug the AAB relay into that Jones plug.

Is it that simple, that the jumper plug is all you swap out for the relay?

#5 3 years ago

I’m still getting replays.

I’m comfortable that I built and wired the AAB relay correctly. I also have a known working AAB relay that was loaned to me to confirm the ASB relay I built. The game awards replays with that one installed also.

I will say the schematic is difficult for me to follow regarding this relay, being it is a Bally schematic which I am not familiar with, and the way the AAB relay is depicted, being a plug in.

Any suggestions for what to look at?

Here is a link to the schematic.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/1606/Bally_1968_MiniZag_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

#6 3 years ago

I was able to prove the relay mostly works by actuating it manually. When actuated manually it holds and the Shoot Again light illuminates on the backglass.

#10 3 years ago

The issue I believe I'm having is that the adjustment pins on the front of the main relay board from my first picture are not labeled and I see no documentation of them with the paperwork for this game.

astyy - from a thread you were involved in 2 years ago I found this paperwork from a Rocket III that MarkG posted. This implies that you have to manually switch from Replay mode to AAB mode. There is only one two pin setting jack on MiniZag which I will test later today. This, I believe, is what I was looking for. Here's keeping my fingers crossed.

AAB Setting Adjustment (resized).JPGAAB Setting Adjustment (resized).JPG
#12 3 years ago

I found the replay settings sheet buried in the game paperwork. And I have sent all of the game paperwork I have to Jay at IPDB.

I don’t know where to expect to find the labeling of the adjustment pins. I was hoping to find it in response to this thread. The sheet that I found for Rocket III seemed to be specific for it AND had most of the pin settings for Rocket III but did not appear to be provided with the game, only with the AAB relay.

My experience is with Gottlieb EM games. I can count on one hand the number of Bally EMs I’ve worked on.

I’ll call Bally Brian if it doesn’t surface from this thread.

#13 3 years ago

Oh, and the selector pin adjustment put the AAB relay into play.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from astyy:

The front machine board adjustments are on a card stapled inside right of cab, there is a photo in this post;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-minizag-aab#post-4270627

Perfect! Thank you, astyy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-zag-aab-selection-plug-location?tu=MikeO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.