(Topic ID: 166311)

Mini warehouse find in Costa Rica

By PanaPinResto

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20160812-WA0001_(resized).jpg
    IMG-20160812-WA0003_(resized).jpg
    IMG-20160812-WA0004_(resized).jpg
    IMG-20160812-WA0005_(resized).jpg
    IMG-20160812-WA0006_(resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I've been living in Panama for over a year now with little luck finding pinball machines. Here in central america they are trash worth nothing more than their scrap value. Part are nearly impossible to get into country for a local. Unfortunately, because of this most have gone to the scrap yard.
    I had some business in San Jose, CR this week so I brought the whole family. While we're here I wanted to look for pins. I searched high and low but found no mention of them. Until I searched the classifieds for arcade machines and started looking in the background of arcade pics. Low and behold I found some. An old man about an hour from San Jose had a little warehouse from his old vending company. I bought a fun house for $300 and most of a whirlwind for $100. The climate here is not kind to anything made out of wood and funhouse was in the best condition. The rest of the pins needed new cabinetsa. Here's some pics.

IMG-20160812-WA0006_(resized).jpgIMG-20160812-WA0006_(resized).jpg

IMG-20160812-WA0005_(resized).jpgIMG-20160812-WA0005_(resized).jpg

IMG-20160812-WA0004_(resized).jpgIMG-20160812-WA0004_(resized).jpg

IMG-20160812-WA0003_(resized).jpgIMG-20160812-WA0003_(resized).jpg

IMG-20160812-WA0001_(resized).jpgIMG-20160812-WA0001_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

The whirlwind had been disassembled because the cabinet was shot. For $100 I got the complete playfield in decent condition. All the boards and electronics and the whiteboard. I just need a cabinet really. I'll post pics when I get them home.

#3 7 years ago

Was Elvira & The Party Monsters not for sale? This pin looked to be in the best condition.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cleanroom:

Was Elvira & The Party Monsters not for sale? This pin looked to be in the best condition.

It was in the best condition but not by much. They also wanted the most money for it. I could of bought it $1300usd. The cabinet was also trashed and not salvageable. I've always wanted a funhouse so I want with it.

#5 7 years ago

So when you say the climate isn't kind to anything made of wood does that include the playfields?

#6 7 years ago

Congratulations! Great find, enjoy your new machines.

#7 7 years ago

You should have been able to buy all of it for $1300.00!!

#8 7 years ago

Grab that mousin and part it out. Parts on that thing are super hard to find.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from bam10:

So when you say the climate isn't kind to anything made of wood does that include the playfields?

The playfields hold up shockingly well. Nothing like the cabs. Termites are bad here also but they never touch the PF's. I can get a company to tent and fumigation a machine for $30.

#10 7 years ago

I'd want that Hook and Checkpoint. Good find.

#11 7 years ago

I need a mostly populated Funhouse playfield and other parts if you ever find it's too much of a project.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Grab that mousin and part it out. Parts on that thing are super hard to find.

+1 ... Those ramps are unobtainium

#13 7 years ago

Wow, sad picture, only good loss there was the Street Fighter! I would love a shot as saving a bunch of the others, the LW3, Hook, Checkpoint, Dredd... so sad to see them in that state.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-warehouse-find-in-costa-rica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.