• Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“IS this String Needed and would you be willing to post what you have to offer”

• YES 11 votes
    65%
  • NO 1 vote
    6%
  • YES - As long as I can Visit "Burning Mans" basement and play in his game room...(Does he really have two funhouses?) 3 votes
    18%
  • NO - Unless you offer me Pizza ETC... 2 votes
    12%

(17 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Interesting idea.. I can burn you a TAFG rom is you need. Hell, I can burn any ROM anyone needs, for that matter.

* Parts - Not much: Some cherry microswitches, older (EM) coils, WMS flipper links, etc.
* Parts Needed - Nothing right now.
* Tools - Whatever's usually needed for basic deconstruction. The more detailed work - like rivets 0- can't do.
* Expertise - I'm familiar with a LOT of WMS / WPS95. I was head tech for three, and helped open one of them back between '92-'99. Coil drivers, switch matrix issues, optos. Stregnths are with coin mechs, DBVs and pricing, as well as other arcade-related. (Redemption, ticket dispensers, etc.) Very knowledgable on Sample/Proto/Prod machine, the overall production lifestyle of WMS back then, as well as more specific programming specs with TZ, SC, and CV.
* Assistance - Soon I'll be re-assembling my TZ playfield. Free beer for anyone that wants to come over and help.
* Location - (I added this one..!) I live pretty darn close to the WV/VA state line, along the river. I work M-F down in Silver Spring, MD. During weekends, I will sometimes be working at my railroad (new Frederick, MD) or at home, or driving around anywhere.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Hey Can you burn me a ROM today and I come pick it up? In return I can commit to helping with your TZ reassembly as I have owned and shopped two in the past.

I can, but it'll have to be later this evening - I won't get home today until about 7pm. (I'm off of 9, up near the VA/WV state line on Chestnut Hill Rd.)

#9 8 years ago

Glad to have helped! Sorry my place was a mess, and I didn't have anything for you to play. (The jukebox DOES work, but without something else to do down there, it's not much use.. ) When I get your S15 done up, I'll bring it over to your place, and you can show me your stuffs.

1 month later
#23 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone have a UV EPROM eraser? Forgot I needed one for EPROMS and just order one, but won't arrive until Friday I think.

I gots one, it's pretty quick, too. (Though unprotected, so you REALLY need to turn it off before opening it up. ) I'm down Chestnut Hill from 340 or 9.

#25 8 years ago

You two should meet each other if you haven't yet regardless...Coyote I have not forgotten about your ramp flaps I am hoping to do it this weekend.

No problem! Did you figure out how?

I'm about ready to install the ramps in the game. After looking at them, only one has the blue that *has* to be replaced (rusty) - all the others are just dull, not rusty.

Edit: And once my game IS up and running, I will clean out the basement somewhat and invite folks over to play it.

3 weeks later
#27 8 years ago

Hey -
Was wondering if anyone local had a micrometer.

I have a piece from my jukebox, in which requires small E-clips. Unfortunately, due to a mistake on my part, I lost all of them. So, I need to order more, and I'd rather not try and guess at the size, ordering 10 or 15 bags of 100 e-clips in various sizes only to use 4 of them once I find the size. D'oh.

--Mike

2 weeks later
#28 8 years ago

If anyone has a WPC (not -95) power driver board they don't mind letting me borrow for a day, I need to run a test to see if my PinLED power board is the culprit. I'm thinking it is, but I don't have another game or board to test my theory on.

4 weeks later
#30 8 years ago

Hey!
Thanks again for everything you did! I won't be able to get them together until after my trip out to Colorado, but after the holidays, expect a PM from me to come and tackle the TZ beast.

3 weeks later
#31 8 years ago

If anyone in the local area wants a traffic signal, I have a few extras that need to go.

For the few if your that have been in my basement, tug know what they look like.

Most of then saw service in DC. They all work, but don't look new in the least. Large (sizes vary, but are usually about 40" high, 13" wide), but not heavy.

Between $10 and $35. If anyone is interested, drop me a PM. Otherwise I'll recycle them. Figured if anyone has a game room and wants something hanging up in a corner, here you go.

2 months later
#32 8 years ago

Hey all -
Anyone nearby have a spare ULN2803 chip? Somehow mine blew, and I don't have any replacements handy. I'll return it as soon as my next order comes in.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I should have found this thread earlier.... I was doing ramp flaps and didn't have the rivots/press needed! now I will stalk the thread

Welcome anytime.

7 months later
#37 7 years ago

I'm here!
I'm not in the need for anything YET, but I can burn ROMs for folks that want/need them. Can also supply Jukebox 45's.

2 weeks later
#38 7 years ago

Wondering if anyone else from the area is going to go to the Gettysburg auction tomorrow? I'll be up there..!

#41 7 years ago

I can't go I have wedding preparation (My Son gets married next Sat)...Mike if you go keep us updated!

Congrats!
.. I think! I went back in spring, but didn't pay much attention to the pin prices. (Other than knowing some were outrageously high - buybacks, likely - and there was one or two that were very good based on game condition.) I'll pay closer attention tomorrow.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Was thinking about it but the lady has to work so i gotta see if i can steal her car .....

If you make it, lemme know. I'll be there probably around 9. It's fun to be able to play some of these games. ..You know, for 'testing' and 'evaluation' purposes.

#42 7 years ago

Hey guys - got back a little while ago, I think the auction went well. Bigger than this past spring, for sure. After dinner, I'll post pin prices and comments.

#43 7 years ago

ARGH. I had the whole thing typed out, and my cat walked across my keyboard and wiped the whole thing.

Try this again. I took notes on some games. Some I did not. Some I played, a lot I did not. In short, assume the game is in worse shape than my notes, they being cursory at best. The first price is the hammer price. The price in []'s is the 'Buy It Now' price. Walk-out prices were Hammer price + 13% buyers fee, then + 6% PA sales tax of total.

BTTF $1400
Whirlwind (bad PF) $950
Demo Man $1900
Spy Hunter $750
Doodle Bug $250
Blue Chip $325
Taxi (horrible leds, no cabinet art, but came with decals) $1100
Kind of steel 450 [$695]
Meteor (weak flips, wrong caps, pf wear, mem coils bad, sound bad) $600 [$1295]
Black Belt $650 [$1495]
Soccer $175 [$695]
Road Kings $550 [$1595]
F14 $1000 [$1595]
Monday Night Football $450 [$1995]
Future Spa $1295 [$400]
Fun Fest $175 [$595]
Royal Flush $400 [$995]
Flintstones $1300
Rescue 911 (no display, game played) $550
Time Zone $225 [$795]
NGG $3500
Corvette (in good condition, racetrack worked, dirty) $2200
New York $450
Showtime $250
Space Shuttle $1000
F14 $800
Twister (BB light out, game played) $1100
Ripleys $1800
Road Show (bad dozer sensor, red eyelids broke, ted's face loose) $1800
VirtualPin Ultrapin (...really?!) $1200
TAF (thing inop, bookcase bad, pf wear over mansion inserts) $4600
Dipsy Doodle $200
Pharoh (inop) $225

Interestingly, NO games were bought with the BIN prices. Plus, MOST of the BIN prices were over twice the hammer price. What a sad state, IMHO.

There were maybe double the pins, and a lot more private sellers than in April. Maybe about 50% more vids, as well, but not many A titles.

2 months later
#45 7 years ago

Just to keep this thread from falling into the crevices..

Who here has a Dirty Harry that they're thinking of getting rid of?

7 months later
#50 6 years ago

Bumping this thread, since I don't think enough locals actually pay attention, or even know of this thread.

And, plus -
I need to borrow someone's riveter! If anyone local has one! I have a couple plastics I need to get bonded back together, and the hammer rivets don't work very well when there's no metal to bind against.

4 months later
#52 6 years ago

Did you still need help with some rivets if so give me a call

I'm good for now, thanks!

And a little bit of a rant. I see a lot of folks from around the area (Purcellville, Leesburg, Frederick) that haven't posted here. Even when someone here could help them with an issue. The person never bothered replying to my PM offering help - not even a 'no, thank you'. And then I looked at their posts, and they never posted here.

I'm pretty much done with folks who really have no intent on giving back to the community. Especially the local one.

2 weeks later
#63 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

What about having like a pinball garage sale, we could all meet up and bring some stuff to trade or sell?

I'd love to have folks over at my place for a little party. The problem is: (1) GETTING to my place, and (2) The number of games I have. It's limited, so I wouldn't be able to have a LOT of people over at a time.

2 weeks later
#66 6 years ago

Hey guys!
I'm in need of a playfield rotisserie to borrow for about a month. If you have one that you won't need for a little bit, let me know. I can come pick it up/drop it off, and will take good care of it!

Going to be stripping the Big Ben to get the playfield touched up.

Thanks!
-Mike

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You’re welcome to borrow my homemade rotisserie. I won’t be needing it for a few months and would be nice to get out of the way in the workshop.

Awesome! I'll send you a TXT later today! Glad to be of service!

1 month later
#69 6 years ago

Hey gius!
Anyone nearby have a DCS game that I can test a sound-board in?

#71 6 years ago

Bring it over thursday I should have a game you can test it in.

Will do!

It's an oddity of a board - I've replaced the amps, as one was blown. Go to put it in friend's game (in Atlanta) and find out that his SPEAKER *also* blew. With no indication of what caused what. So before I do anymore work on the board, I wanna make sure that it NEEDS work - I may just need to have him replace the speaker and all would be good.

#72 6 years ago

Okay guys - here's a trade for you.

My TZ is effin' pissing me off. I need to switch it out for a temporary time (6 months?) for another game. I need to get my TZ out of my life to make it realize how much it loves me and misses me.

I'm not 100% sold on it yet, but the more it pisses me off.. rrf.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

I could temp trade you my CV for yr TZ - once it makes the trek down from TO sometime in June (gives you time to think about whether you actually want to take that break) I see you’ve owned it twice and its back on yr wishlist...

Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Lol, like Rdoyle1978, I laughed in understanding. I might be up for a temp trade for my TAF with either of you guys. Easy drive out to WV from where I am. Love both CV and TZ.

I'd be up for either, thanks! CV I did a lot of beta work with Camera on the v2.0H revision.. I *still* regret selling mine. (Both of mine..)
TAF isn't as deep as TZ, but the callouts and the energy in the game are just too fun.

It will be a little bit before I actually *am* ready - I need to try one more thing to try and correct the flaking opto switches and fix the ball eject. I'm also waiting for a prototype WPC Exampsion board to arrive, and I'll have to test it in TZ. So, I'll likely followup here after some time, see if anyone's still interested.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-trades-partsresources-in-dcnvmdpawv?tu=coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.