• Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“IS this String Needed and would you be willing to post what you have to offer”

• YES 10 votes
    67%
  • NO 1 vote
    7%
  • YES - As long as I can Visit "Burning Mans" basement and play in his game room...(Does he really have two funhouses?) 2 votes
    13%
  • NO - Unless you offer me Pizza ETC... 2 votes
    13%

(15 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Bumping this thread, since I don't think enough locals actually pay attention, or even know of this thread.
And, plus -
I need to borrow someone's riveter! If anyone local has one! I have a couple plastics I need to get bonded back together, and the hammer rivets don't work very well when there's no metal to bind against.

Did you still need help with some rivets if so give me a call

1 month later
#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Did you still need help with some rivets if so give me a call

I'm good for now, thanks!

And a little bit of a rant. I see a lot of folks from around the area (Purcellville, Leesburg, Frederick) that haven't posted here. Even when someone here could help them with an issue. The person never bothered replying to my PM offering help - not even a 'no, thank you'. And then I looked at their posts, and they never posted here.

I'm pretty much done with folks who really have no intent on giving back to the community. Especially the local one.

#53 2 years ago

Hey I'm always willing to help someone out who is into pinball, I was a professional ASE senior master tec for Lincoln and have a ton of knowledge and tools. I've been repairing pins and "hot roddin" them for the past few years. Check out my ad, I'm all about trades and good service. I'll help out anybody but if you want crazy stuff like pf swaps and clear coats we have to work out something fair.

#54 2 years ago

Just saw this thread-only been in the hobby for a couple of years, so not much in the way of knowledge or much beyond the basics. Also, a bit off the beaten path in southern Maryland. I do have a truck, handcart, and Harbor Freight table and could assist in that regard. Hope to be able to contribute more to the hobby as time goes on. The few Pinsiders I've met and interacted with, have all been class acts.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm good for now, thanks!
And a little bit of a rant. I see a lot of folks from around the area (Purcellville, Leesburg, Frederick) that haven't posted here. Even when someone here could help them with an issue. The person never bothered replying to my PM offering help - not even a 'no, thank you'. And then I looked at their posts, and they never posted here.
I'm pretty much done with folks who really have no intent on giving back to the community. Especially the local one.

Mike you have been a huge help to me and with your troubleshooting eagle eye have saved me countless hours. Not sure if people have seen this thread but out here on the panhandle we all have become a helpful community trading services and parts, I think I reap more benefits than I give back with people like Coyote, Glarrownage, and PoMC always helping me out. If anyone needs a extra hand or has a pinball problem etc feel free to reach out. Coyote/Mike is a great guy filled with a world of knowledge and experience that I lean on regularly!

#56 2 years ago

I'm still following this thread. I usually have a varying amount of parts, chips, transistors...the little things you wish you had one of. Always willing to help. I've done in-house shop jobs/repairs for friends for basically cost of parts.

#57 2 years ago

Looking for a box and pallet for sale. I need to ship a game and it has to be boxed and palleted.

Thanks

#58 2 years ago

I'm in Richmond VA and always happy to help out.

#59 2 years ago

I'm in Parkersburg, WV and I can help out when needed on weekends. I can do a little bit of board work (very little). A bit of a pinball desert here except for the Flashback Arcade in Vienna, WV which is very nice. Games just don't come up for sale often here locally.

#60 2 years ago

***Trade PARTS Available - NONE

***Trade Parts Needed- NONE.

***TOOLS - MBT PACE professional solder/de-solder rework station, O-scope, AMSCOPE microscopes, SMD rework station, and most anything needed for pin/Arcade repairs

***Expertise - Play field restoration, Cab stenciling and art application, SMD and thru-hole board building/re-building, fine trace/ acid damage repair, board part replacement and install.

***No Assistance Needed at this time.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Looking for a box and pallet for sale. I need to ship a game and it has to be boxed and palleted.
Thanks

I have bunch of my stern boxes and can get pallets across the street

2 weeks later
#62 2 years ago

What about having like a pinball garage sale, we could all meet up and bring some stuff to trade or sell?

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

What about having like a pinball garage sale, we could all meet up and bring some stuff to trade or sell?

I'd love to have folks over at my place for a little party. The problem is: (1) GETTING to my place, and (2) The number of games I have. It's limited, so I wouldn't be able to have a LOT of people over at a time.

#64 2 years ago

I'd be up for a get together, whether it's for playing games or trading/selling stuff.

#65 2 years ago

I say lets do it, we can have a swap meet at the Walmart parking lot as far as I'm concerned! I'll bring a generator and my Night Moves cocktail pin. lol

2 weeks later
#66 1 year ago

Hey guys!
I'm in need of a playfield rotisserie to borrow for about a month. If you have one that you won't need for a little bit, let me know. I can come pick it up/drop it off, and will take good care of it!

Going to be stripping the Big Ben to get the playfield touched up.

Thanks!
-Mike

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hey guys!
I'm in need of a playfield rotisserie to borrow for about a month. If you have one that you won't need for a little bit, let me know. I can come pick it up/drop it off, and will take good care of it!
Thanks!
-Mike

You’re welcome to borrow my homemade rotisserie. I won’t be needing it for a few months and would be nice to get out of the way in the workshop.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You’re welcome to borrow my homemade rotisserie. I won’t be needing it for a few months and would be nice to get out of the way in the workshop.

Awesome! I'll send you a TXT later today! Glad to be of service!

1 month later
#69 1 year ago

Hey gius!
Anyone nearby have a DCS game that I can test a sound-board in?

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hey gius!
Anyone nearby have a DCS game that I can test a sound-board in?

Bring it over thursday I should have a game you can test it in.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Bring it over thursday I should have a game you can test it in.

Will do!

It's an oddity of a board - I've replaced the amps, as one was blown. Go to put it in friend's game (in Atlanta) and find out that his SPEAKER *also* blew. With no indication of what caused what. So before I do anymore work on the board, I wanna make sure that it NEEDS work - I may just need to have him replace the speaker and all would be good.

#72 1 year ago

Okay guys - here's a trade for you.

My TZ is effin' pissing me off. I need to switch it out for a temporary time (6 months?) for another game. I need to get my TZ out of my life to make it realize how much it loves me and misses me.

I'm not 100% sold on it yet, but the more it pisses me off.. rrf.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

My TZ is effin' pissing me off. I need to switch it out for a temporary time (6 months?) for another game. I need to get my TZ out of my life to make it realize how much it loves me and misses me.

I could temp trade you my CV for yr TZ - once it makes the trek down from TO sometime in June (gives you time to think about whether you actually want to take that break) I see you’ve owned it twice and its back on yr wishlist...

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This post made me absolutely crack up and hang my head in understanding

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hey guys!
Thanks!
-Mike

Quoted from Completist:

I could temp trade you my CV for yr TZ - once it makes the trek down from TO sometime in June (gives you time to think about whether you actually want to take that break) I see you’ve owned it twice and its back on yr wishlist...

Lol, like Rdoyle1978, I laughed in understanding. I might be up for a temp trade for my TAF with either of you guys. Easy drive out to WV from where I am. Love both CV and TZ.

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Lol, like Rdoyle1978, I laughed in understanding. I might be up for a temp trade for my TAF with either of you guys. Easy drive out to WV from where I am. Love both CV and TZ.

I'd be up for either, thanks! CV I did a lot of beta work with Camera on the v2.0H revision.. I *still* regret selling mine. (Both of mine..)
TAF isn't as deep as TZ, but the callouts and the energy in the game are just too fun.

It will be a little bit before I actually *am* ready - I need to try one more thing to try and correct the flaking opto switches and fix the ball eject. I'm also waiting for a prototype WPC Exampsion board to arrive, and I'll have to test it in TZ. So, I'll likely followup here after some time, see if anyone's still interested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 60.00
€ 9.10
$ 12.75
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 229.99
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Apparel - Unisex
PinShades
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Vandelay Industries
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 67.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside