(Topic ID: 66260)

Mini rope lights on wire forms where do you get them??

By 80spit

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by 80spit
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Ok just got back from the York show, saw a T2 decked out with mods, It had a small rope type light around the
    wire forms and a black light under the front of the top cabinet, was really impressed with the look, anyone
    know where these small rope lights come from, looked to be less than 1/8" diameter. Wouldn't mind dressing my T2
    up a bit. Noticed a couple pins with these

#2 10 years ago

Definately interested to know as well.

#3 10 years ago

Check hobby stores, maybe something for model rroads or something like that
    ???

#5 10 years ago

Those minis on amazon - do you think there would be a source of power for them by connecting the two wires to a bulb or something on the playfield??? (ie: make them battery-less).

#6 10 years ago

The ones I saw gave a solid color, not segemented like the one on amazon almost looked like neon an about 3/32 in diameter. I'll have to do some more looking and report back

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Those minis on amazon - do you think there would be a source of power for them by connecting the two wires to a bulb or something on the playfield??? (ie: make them battery-less).

I've been thinking the same thing-- hooking these kinds of lights into one of the GI strings. I want to run a string of them along the bottom front edge of the upper playfield on my Black Knight 2000.

#8 10 years ago

if the lights run on batteries you just have to find out what voltage drives them and amperage... I wouold look on alibaba.com you can usually contact the manufacture directly and get tech specs for any products....

#9 10 years ago

Here's what I found, It's called light wire 2.2 mm dia or . 087 in inches comes in all colors and actually looks to be
    inexpensive. here's a link on amazon, loads on ebay too if you search light wire. I might have to try some of this
    stuff http://www.amazon.com/Portable-electro-luminescent-Light-Wire-Teal/dp/B006E7J5R2

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-rope-lights-on-wire-forms-where-do-you-get-them and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.