Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

motor pcb resized (resized).jpg
mini playfield under (resized).jpg
error mini bad resized (resized).jpg
error error resizes (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Started a new post after I dropped it first in the shadow club. Other messages are getting mixed up so better to isolate issue.

On my Shadow the mini playfield kicker is not working and get a number of error messages (pics)
The optos on the MPF are ok on the playfield and under it.
The seperate motor board didn't have LED 'on'. Found out the grey/yellow cable +12V had no continuity to J116 pin2 where power should come from.
Thinking this was a direct connection I changed the cable and got continuity and LED got on.
Also did resoldering on the 2 connectors on the board. (just to make sure)
However it seems the grey/yellow cable is not a direct connection to J116 and also going to Opto board and diverters.
This resulting in 'check fuse F115/116 / J112 and opto 12V issue. (Fuses are OK and did reseating of J112). But of course if no powers come to the opto board (replaced gr/yel with new direct cable motor board J116) it's normal to get this error.

Does anybody have a shematic/map on the route and stop points of this grey/yellow 12V+ cable ?

Testing the mini playfield (thru display test) with opto 12V error still popped up the same error (pics)

So even I find the error on the cable GR/Yel not sure the playfield will work.

The coil is working at the kicker (when you remove all balls and pin start to search for them it's activated)

All feedback much appreciated !

error error resizes (resized).jpgerror error resizes (resized).jpgerror mini bad resized (resized).jpgerror mini bad resized (resized).jpgmini playfield under (resized).jpgmini playfield under (resized).jpgmotor pcb resized (resized).jpgmotor pcb resized (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Check the voltage at test point 1 on the Driver Board. This is the 12 VDC unregulated that feeds the Opto & Motor Board

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from WH20_Buzz:

Check the voltage at test point 1 on the Driver Board. This is the 12 VDC unregulated that feeds the Opto & Motor Board

TP1 : 14.12V
TP2 : 4.97V
TP3 : 11.96V

#4 2 years ago

Replace caps on opto and motor boards

#5 2 years ago

I found a connector (2plugs) with on one side 2x grey/yellow (12V) & Black (ground) and on the other side (no grey yellow) only Black.

Brought them altogether again and opto 12V error and fuses is gone.
LED on motor PCB is on but the LED on the pcb board of my first post is out now !! (under mini playfield)
This one is also powering the 2 optos 19 and 20 near the motor.

In switch menu error is still present.
Can not activate motor (even not with white button behind coin door pushed-in) via the test menu.

I connected an old 12V adapter (despite it should be 20V) and got the motor moving the kicker a bit from left to right and opposite when I changed wires (in step by step mode).
Meaning motor is still working.

What else can I check ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-playfield-motor-issue-the-shadow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.