Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by super8man
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hof_2.gif
    #1 14 years ago

Through some various twists of fate a rare and beautiful occasion has occured, namely Letter K getting an entire weekend off! I've decided that instead of replacing circuits on my Sinbad (which is what I should be doing) I'm going to take off to Santa Cruz to enjoy some sand, carnival fun, and pinball in the Boardwalk's main arcade.

I'm waiting for the wife to get out of the shower now and I can't wait!

#2 14 years ago

Enjoy your weekend holiday and take some pictures. Either of the pinballs you play or the wife showering ... we're not picky .. hehe

#3 14 years ago

nothing like hitting the road on a quest for the silver ball

#4 14 years ago

Hey, I'm jealous! Have fun. ;]

#5 14 years ago

Let us know which pins they got out there. Personally, I haven't been out there for years, but the last time I went they had some killer pins.

#6 14 years ago

Well, I'm back. I had a great time at the beach; just not as much of that fun as I'd thought was on the pins. I'll work on the full list for my blog in the next day or two, but wouldn't recommend anyone making the trip out just for the pins. They had a good 20 pinball machines, and a good 3 of them were in solid working order. We're talking dead bumpers, broken field flippers, lazy doors, the whole bit.

I spent a lot of time on the Elvis machine, not just because I love the King, but because it all worked. Even some very recent games like Family Guy and Spiderman had been left to rot and had serious repair issues.

Ah well, the true pinball holiday comes in April when I go to Vegas and spend a day at the hall of fame there! I'm sure those people have more respect for their machines.

#7 14 years ago

http://www.pinballprojects.com/news.htm

There we go. I played twelve machines in Santa Cruz. Here's the dope on them.

#8 14 years ago

Cool blog man,
    too bad about the condition of the pins where did they find the dead guy?

#9 14 years ago

Interested in PHOF Vegas .

Planned next August .

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#10 14 years ago

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about Vegas. I've already made arrangements to have the wife entertained for a day so I can go play pinballs without the bored, dejected sigh of my better half.

#11 14 years ago

too bad you cant find a BG for that Expo 'k' ?
    just saw an Expo pin on ebay they said it's rare and at $1500

#12 14 years ago

Great info on that blog, Letter_K.

I had ideas of driving up to Santa Cruz to play pinball, but now I'll just wait for California Extreme in Santa Clara (15-20 min drive from here).

Looks like some of those pins were in craptastic condition. Funny that Austin Powers and Playboy didn't work. You almost want to thank the terrible operators for a job badly done. Both of those Stern pins suck!

Let us know how your trip to the Pinball HoF goes Lionel. I want to go eventually, just to say I have played the super rare "Pinball Circus" from Williams.

#13 14 years ago

I'm driving through Las Vegas with the family this week and we'll spend some time at the HoF. I'll pass along how well maintained the machines are (or aren't). I was at Pinball Pete's in East Lansing this week and they had about a dozen machines but several were in poor shape. Considering that's where the HoF guy got his start, I'm a little leery about how well maintained the machines will be in LV.

#14 14 years ago

Don't tell me that, Wyzeguy! I'll be there in two weeks and think I'm being punished for my sins if I'm in a huge room of broked pinball machines!

#15 14 years ago

That may be where HoF got it's start but they are not there now. The old management shouldn't be compared to the new ones.
    Hopefully there won't be any Hassle at the HoF.

#16 14 years ago

LOL@SealClubber

hof_2.gifhof_2.gif

#17 14 years ago

The Dixon, California Pin-A-Go-Go should be interesting (in May). I hope to attend this year (my first time). Thanks for the 411 on Santa Cruz. It helps to be informed like that.

Cheers,
    Mike

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-pinball-holiday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.