• Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20120702_065322.jpg
goober.jpg
6-25-2013_5-14-36_PM.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phetishboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

If I want to run mini LEDs that require a voltage of 3.4 - 3.6 V at 20mA, what sized resistor do I need to put inline to run them off of a 5V source?

How about minis that require 1.6 V @ 20mA? For a 12V system I was told to use a 510 Ohm Resistor, but how about for 5V?

Also, how and where do I solder the resistor in? Thanks!

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Dude...my eye-brow is raised....what cool mod are you doing now on that Creature?
Just treasure Coved mine last night...

Well first off I need to light up the headlights in my Pink Elvis Caddy, then I want to add some red lights to some of my other mods that won't allow space inside them for a standard sized bulb and socket.

#4 10 years ago

Is this thing on?*

Well, I was able to get some help on another site. In case anyone else wants to attempt this in the future, here's where you wanna go:

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz

*note to self: always type keyword "metallica" into any post or thread title that you actually want someone to respond to.

#8 10 years ago

Great info. Thank you!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I always hate when free help doesn't reply to me within hours as well. Down with those people!

Free my Ass. My employer pays good money for me to start these threads.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Your employer pays good money for people on here to spend their free time answering your questions....what?

If he doesn't he should. Thanks again helpful individuals. Thumbs-ups for everyone!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Well, the form might not be correct for the application. It could be that the body on these is too big. Second, the price. The cheapest 5v panel LED they had on that link was $12.28 each. An LED / Resistor combination should cost less than $.25 each.
The link Muttonboy sent was for strip LEDs, which wouldn't work to mimic headlights like the OP was looking to do.

This guy gets it. Which is why he gets the thumbs up again.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Wow, can I use that as an endorsement on my web site?

I will check with my legal team.

*checks*

Approved.

#24 10 years ago

Awesome. I love the tear-off tab look.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phetishboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-led-voltage-help?tu=Phetishboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.