• Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I have a dumb question about how to assemble these mini flippers. It has the metal flipper assembly and a small diameter threaded shaft. Not sure how the metal shaft works. Does it get threaded into the plastic flipper? Does the smooth end have to into the plastic flipper and then a nut have to be threaded onto the rod? I don't have an existing one to compare it to. Thanks image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Ok, I think I figured it out. It gets threaded into the hole above the main shaft. I thought it went in the hole on the thinner end of the flipper.

#3 8 years ago

What game is this going into? Reason I asked is you may have to trim the flipper bushing a bit to get the pawl on the correct position on the shaft. Been there, done that.

#4 8 years ago

Upper flipper on a Flash Gordon.

#5 8 years ago

I'm not sure what bushing they used on that but sometimes that universal replacement shaft is a little short. You may want to test fit it in the bushing first. I have removed a little material from either the top or bottom of the bushing to make it work on different applications. Yours may be fine but it is worth checking. You don't want to remove any from the top if the flipper is already close to the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 10.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 179.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 99.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-flipper-assembly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.