IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0324 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0322 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0321 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0320 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0319 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0318 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0253 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cleland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 3 years ago

I only missed out on Centipede, which I would love to have, but they are going for crazy money second hand.
I hope they reissue them, I'm not concerned with collectabliity, I just want to add it to my mini lineup.

Any guesses on what their future titles will be? Their website shows cabinet shadows for another 5 titles.

#59 3 years ago

Missile Command would be awesome, Space Ace would be really nice next to Dragons Lair, but that has a unique cabinet that isn't one of the shadows.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from spyderken:

I just ordered Asteroids it will go along with Dragons Lair and Tempest I also have the change machine.

I have the same lineup Got my Astroids the other day. The only thing I don't like about that one, is the monitor so vertical and flat. With the marquee overhang, it's hard to see the screen when you put it on the table to play. You almost have to get on your knees for a full view of the screen.
Still, these little arcades are amazing works of playable art and remind me of going to the arcade in the 80's.

#77 3 years ago

My little lineup. Just needs Centipede.

F637B1E9-DA8D-4C9A-8DE8-D41AC8070A8C (resized).jpegF637B1E9-DA8D-4C9A-8DE8-D41AC8070A8C (resized).jpeg
#80 3 years ago

So, 1942 is next I gather. That's cool, I'm sure they will throw in 1943 and other variants. It looks like they are working from right to left with the silhouettes.
Lunar Lander after that? I don't remember playing that much, but I'm going to load it up on MAME and see if I can jog my memory.

5 months later
#97 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

The Dragon’s Lair original poster jigsaw puzzle from these folks looks great and is now on my gameroom wall.
For those who like doing jigsaws, this one is very well made and fun to work.
[quoted image]

How do you go about framing it? I got the puzzle too, and will probably tackle it over the holiday weekend. Especially, if it's going to be 100 degrees out here forever.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

It isn’t framed, it is mounted on brown fiber board from Lowe’s or Home Depot. Approx 1/8” thick, a little less.
We do a lot of puzzles and this is our method. You'll need newspaper, white glue and craft sticks (tongue depressors or popsicle sticks).
Flip the completed puzzle over. It takes a little practice.
Spread white glue over the entire back with the sticks. Keep a damp wash rag handy for drips. Spread newsprint over the glue and smooth down with clean sticks.
Flip it back over and clean up any glue.
When dry, glue to the fiber board. We cut ours 3/4” or 1” larger all around for a border. Dragon's lair's border was painted with black acrylic, but usually we don’t bother.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the write up, I haven’t tackled a jigsaw puzzle for years, but this is one that hits close to home.
Dragons Lair, and all the 80’s Laser Disc games hold a special place in my heart. I hope to tackle it this weekend…..and hopefully hang it by Christmas

1 year later
#310 1 year ago

I hope they do Ikari Warriers, Heavy Barrel and Forgotten Worlds with the rotary joysticks. That would be cool!

#313 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

How are the screens on the numskulls? I've read they're very washed out and blue-ish, not as good as the Replicades. Hoping that's not true...

I have a Ms Pacman and it looks great to me.

4 months later
#403 8 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i hope they also got Stern's "cliff hanger" that was an awesome LD game. i would buy that right now if a mini came out.

One of my favs along with Super Don Quixote. Luckily, I have a Raspberry Pi running all the LD games, but I'd love to have a NewWave version.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cleland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-dragons-layer-toy?tu=cleland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.