IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0324 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0322 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0321 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0320 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0319 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0318 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0253 (resized).png
There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 11 months ago

I am really hoping they revisit some of the past releases.

#352 11 months ago

Won’t win any photographers prize for framing or scenery, but wanted to add something to the thread.

IMG_0568 (resized).jpegIMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
#353 11 months ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Won’t win any photographers prize for framing or scenery, but wanted to add something to the thread.

I have these both, too! Space Ace just arrived last week. The only other one I have is Q*bert.

+100 for the awesome Black Hole poster!

#354 11 months ago

Dang, I got excited thinking someone got an email that the excess Space Ace units were going up FS today.

Glad thst everyone's getting their pre-orders!! We got to be close!!

#355 11 months ago

I have 5 and the detail on these things are incredible. The coins, extra joystick toppers and laser disk player in the back with laser disk is just icing on the cake. The ability to connect it to your TV via an HDMI cable is pretty cool also. I wonder when the little TV accessory will be available to put on top?

#356 11 months ago

Wait'll Ghouls and Ghosts comes out. The coins in that one you can actually put in the coin slot, and it'll trigger a credit! I so can't wait for that!

#357 11 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

Wait'll Ghouls and Ghosts comes out. The coins in that one you can actually put in the coin slot, and it'll trigger a credit! I so can't wait for that!

Zoltan will have that feature too!

#358 11 months ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I wonder when the little TV accessory will be available to put on top?

That's what I'm really looking forward to--exactly the thing to make my Dragon's Lair feel even more like the arcade version I remember from long ago!

#359 11 months ago

TOMORROW!!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#360 11 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

TOMORROW!!!!
[quoted image]

My alarm is set!

#361 11 months ago

Just grabbed mine.

They put a few more Dragons Lair overhauls on sale as well if you missed that one.

#362 11 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Just grabbed mine.
They put a few more Dragons Lair overhauls on sale as well if you missed that one.

2 down - how many more to go...?

#363 11 months ago

got mine ordered also

#364 11 months ago

Yes! Was late to the party but managed to score a Space Ace and Dragon's Lair!

#365 11 months ago

Got mine!

#366 11 months ago

DL Red version sold out already.

#367 11 months ago

Both Dragon's Lair trims are now sold out.

#368 11 months ago

I got my Dragon's Lair in too. Two different Pinsiders actually took the time to send me a message that they were available again. I hadn't seen that and wouldn't have known. Pretty cool.

#369 11 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I got my Dragon's Lair in too. Two different Pinsiders actually took the time to send me a message that they were available again. I hadn't seen that and wouldn't have known. Pretty cool.

Seems to be a good crew in this thread! Glad you got yours. I jumped on Dragon's Lair and Space Ace early--both being childhood favorites. I only wish I could complete the set with Cliff Hanger (based on the anime "Lupin the 3rd".) I wrote to ask about it, but they responded that while they would love to offer one, the licensing is a non-starter.

cliffHanger (resized).jpgcliffHanger (resized).jpgcliffHangerFullCab (resized).jpgcliffHangerFullCab (resized).jpg
#370 11 months ago
Quoted from izzymonkey:

Seems to be a good crew in this thread! Glad you got yours. I jumped on Dragon's Lair and Space Ace early--both being childhood favorites. I only wish I could complete the set with Cliff Hanger (based on the anime "Lupin the 3rd".) I wrote to ask about it, but they responded that while they would love to offer one, the licensing is a non-starter.
****[quoted image][quoted image]

I used to own a cliffhanger. Man that was a hard game. not like DL that gives you movement cues.. Its a real trial and error and requires you to figure the timing.

#371 11 months ago

Paperboy…..?

#372 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I used to own a cliffhanger. Man that was a hard game. not like DL that gives you movement cues.. Its a real trial and error and requires you to figure the timing.

If the difficulty was turned up, you had to really time every move. For example, when fighting the ninjas you could just move the joystick a bunch of times in one direction and it will except it. At higher difficulty settings that will get you killed.

#373 11 months ago

I’ve never played Cliff Hanger but would like to someday bummer it won’t be on a Replicade

#374 11 months ago

Space Ace has joined the line up. I'm basically out of room with the coke machine, zoltar, ghosts n goblins still pending. I don't even have a few of the variants out. Is this sustainable?

Space Ace is freaking hard. Yikes.

20230514_092132 (resized).jpg20230514_092132 (resized).jpg
#375 11 months ago

I love how ET now is on the stool with his hands up in the air !

#376 11 months ago

Bill & Ted need to focus on the damn games.

#377 11 months ago
Quoted from izzymonkey:

****[quoted image][quoted image]

this and the mylstar mach 3 were my favorite LD games growing up.

#378 11 months ago

Space Ace coming home this Saturday!

#379 11 months ago

My space Ace arrived! Charging it up to full capacity now.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Charged now!

#380 11 months ago

Well it’s confirmed I am as terrible now as when I was in the arcade years ago at Space Ace…man this game is insanely tough! Glad I no longer need to put quarters in to play. I love this game!

#381 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Well it’s confirmed I am as terrible now as when I was in the arcade years ago at Space Ace…man this game is insanely tough! Glad I no longer need to put quarters in to play. I love this game!

Funny enough I was always better at Space Ace than dragon's lair. Looks like now I'll have more opportunity to practice though.

PXL_20230518_191454968 (resized).jpgPXL_20230518_191454968 (resized).jpg

#382 11 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Funny enough I was always better at Space Ace than dragon's lair. Looks like now I'll have more opportunity to practice though.
[quoted image]

That’s so cool you got one! I like Dragons Lair a lot but didn’t play it all that much as a kid in the local arcade…50 cents was a lot for a 1 minute game back then lol. I did watch it a lot though. I’m so glad to have both Dragons Lair and Space Ace now.

#383 11 months ago

TMNT and Turtles in time is coming......6 days until pre-orders (I'm guessing that's what the count down is for)....

https://numskull.com/tmnt-preview?fbclid=IwAR3rwYSOKGdyRCzfGANe-OyN8VfJP3ODol6aB5jYVYHhMKikbRUoN-qzLso

#384 11 months ago

Got my dragon's lair set up and everything works perfectly except there's no sound at all. Not even a bit of static from the speakers when I change the volume knob. It's set on replicade in the menu so it should be working. I sent in a ticket but does anybody else have any other ideas?

#385 11 months ago

In the meantime, hook it up to a TV via hdmi so you can play it. You can tell it to use the external monitor speakers.

#386 10 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Got my dragon's lair set up and everything works perfectly except there's no sound at all. Not even a bit of static from the speakers when I change the volume knob. It's set on replicade in the menu so it should be working. I sent in a ticket but does anybody else have any other ideas?

I would guess the speaker wire isn’t connected. On my food fight the rechargeable battery was disconnected in shipping. They sent instructions on how to open it up and fix it. It was a simple fix.

#387 10 months ago

Today's the day for TMNT preorders!!!!!

https://www.justgeek.com/pages/quarter-arcades-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

Get your wallets ready. Mine was $342 with tax and shipping, which given this screenshot, doesn't add up....!

Screenshot_20230525-093524_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230525-093524_Gmail (resized).jpg

1 month later
#388 9 months ago

Space Ace is temporarily back in stock in case anyone missed out the first time.

3 weeks later
#389 8 months ago

Looks like Berzerk is the next one up after Ghouls n' Ghosts and Ghost N' Goblins! 1Q 2024

https://newwavetoys.com/products/berzerk-x-replicade?fbclid=IwAR0ihru8eDJtXay2vkcz0F4EhbNaCJV4GidkWQdZnxz6hViYzyErfwFVj40

#390 8 months ago

Funny way of spelling "STERN" on that marquee haha

#391 8 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

Looks like Berzerk is the next one up after Ghouls n' Ghosts and Ghost N' Goblins! 1Q 2024
https://newwavetoys.com/products/berzerk-x-replicade?fbclid=IwAR0ihru8eDJtXay2vkcz0F4EhbNaCJV4GidkWQdZnxz6hViYzyErfwFVj40
[quoted image]

They need to slow down and get out what they've already promised. I've still got ghosts and goblins and zoltar coming. I can't go 3 deep. I'll wait this one out.

#392 8 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Funny way of spelling "STERN" on that marquee haha

Until now, I didn’t know that Atari acquired the licenses for Berzerk, Frenzy, and 10 other Stern Electronics arcade games.

https://atari.com/blogs/newsroom/atari-announces-acquisition-of-berzerk-and-frenzy-ip

New Wave goes to great lengths to create accurate replicas of games, so hopefully they’ll include a Stern marquee and coin door sticker, too.

#393 8 months ago

Coleco kickstarter is doing berzerk and frenzy mini arcades.

#394 8 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

[quoted image]

Damn! I was hoping it would be Dragon's Lair II

#395 8 months ago

The one I am really wanting is Marble Madness. Rumor is NWT will be making it someday - based on the silhouettes of their upcoming unannounced games. That was one of "short but insanely tough"' games like Karate Kid, Snake Rattle N' Roll, Kung Fu, etc.

#396 8 months ago

I liked Marble Madness, but it’s a track ball game. If the ball is the same as Missle Command, it’ll be worthless. I’m very disappointed in Missile Command’s track ball.

#397 8 months ago

Pretty cool and titles I love. I owned the cabaret that had additional art on it. Wish they could have made it. It’s awesome that they included the original PCBs inside the cab not to mention the the optical joystick ie “dildo joystick”. Nice detail.

#398 8 months ago

Figured I'd share this here:

SAVE 20% with your VIP preorder Discount Code: GOBERZERK

Makes the purchase hurt a little less : ).

#399 8 months ago
Quoted from ant_:

Until now, I didn’t know that Atari acquired the licenses for Berzerk, Frenzy, and 10 other Stern Electronics arcade games.
https://atari.com/blogs/newsroom/atari-announces-acquisition-of-berzerk-and-frenzy-ip
New Wave goes to great lengths to create accurate replicas of games, so hopefully they’ll include a Stern marquee and coin door sticker, too.

i hope they also got Stern's "cliff hanger" that was an awesome LD game. i would buy that right now if a mini came out.

#400 8 months ago

I'm in for a Smash TV/Total Carnage/Robotron.

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-dragons-layer-toy/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.