IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0324 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0322 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0321 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0320 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0319 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0318 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0253 (resized).png
There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Next New Wave title Q-Bert! Just listed for pre-order sale today.
If you want one place your order now. They will insta-sellout once again I’m sure.
https://newwavetoys.com/pages/q-bert-x-replicade-pre-order-page
[quoted image]

I'm still waiting on my 1942.
But...I'm in for a Qbert.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Next New Wave title Q-Bert! Just listed for pre-order sale today.
If you want one place your order now. They will insta-sellout once again I’m sure.
https://newwavetoys.com/pages/q-bert-x-replicade-pre-order-page
[quoted image]

Does it have a tiny little knocker? It would kinda suck if it didn't.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Does it have a tiny little knocker? It would kinda suck if it didn't.

Good question, forgot about that.
Breaking news, just looked, it has knocker.

#104 2 years ago

I’m in!

#105 2 years ago

I'm going to run out of shelf space...

#106 2 years ago

If anyone is tired of their Centipede, DM me...

#107 2 years ago

I'm in for the Q-Bert placed my order on friday.

2 months later
#108 2 years ago

These things are ultra realistic. What a fantastic item. My shelf is looking like my childhood again.

#109 2 years ago

I’ve just emailed them, asking if QBert will ship in time for Christmas. Hope so.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I’ve just emailed them, asking if QBert will ship in time for Christmas. Hope so.

I don't think that's possible. They haven't even started production yet and with shipping container backups, I don't see how they could send them out before next year.

#111 2 years ago

Got my 1942 1 day before Q3 deadline.
Agreed, looking real slim we get Qbert by Xmas. But maybe, fingers crossed.

20210930_184418 (resized).jpg20210930_184418 (resized).jpg
#112 2 years ago

They said that QBert is being manufactured, shipping hopefully late December.

Probably not in time for the holidays.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

They said that QBert is being manufactured, shipping hopefully late December.
Probably not in time for the holidays.

They're currently manufacturing 1943 (1942 overhaul edition) and they say their factory is only allowed to work 3 days a week due to the energy crisis or something. I haven't heard anything about q*Bert being on the line, but it sounds like it's going to be a while before they get to it.

#114 2 years ago

seenev They just told me it is being manufactured. Do you have special access to know what is actually in the works?

#115 2 years ago

If my information is correct 1942 gos on sale tomorrow. Will probably go fast.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

seenev They just told me it is being manufactured. Do you have special access to know what is actually in the works?

If you look at their social media they update on their progress periodically.

Screenshot_20211004-185415_Brave.jpgScreenshot_20211004-185415_Brave.jpg
3 weeks later
#117 2 years ago

Missile Command! I’m in!

3 weeks later
#118 2 years ago

New Wave toys apparently "found" some NOS units that are currently sold out. You can enter a drawing to be able to purchase them for $250/ea.

https://newwavetoys.com/pages/new-old-stock-drawing?__s=nq4fj78twoa8tqtxkdeo&utm_source=drip&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New+Wave%27s+First+Ever+%22New+Old+Stock%22+Sale%21

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

New Wave toys apparently "found" some NOS units that are currently sold out. You can enter a drawing to be able to purchase them for $250/ea.
https://newwavetoys.com/pages/new-old-stock-drawing?__s=nq4fj78twoa8tqtxkdeo&utm_source=drip&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New+Wave%27s+First+Ever+%22New+Old+Stock%22+Sale%21

I DIDNT get an email yet.

#120 2 years ago

Neither did I. Was hoping to get one…..I get limited but….there are only so many that are interested in these items any way. I am not sure how “limited” there numbers are but say they allowed 5000 units of each item. They would have NO problem selling that many of each. It’s just frustrating that even jumping on something the day of release it’s sold out and you can’t get it and then you hear some people got 2-3. I am not losing any sleep over it as I don’t need more shit to collect but a DL would be nice to have….just one of my favorites from my youth. And 5K produced of each unit is still VERY limited in terms of collectibles as there are Billions of people. It would just give a few more people a better chance to have one that really want one.

#121 2 years ago

They occasionally come up new on ebay but the price is A LOT more than $250...

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Neither did I. Was hoping to get one…..I get limited but….there are only so many that are interested in these items any way. I am not sure how “limited” there numbers are but say they allowed 5000 units of each item. They would have NO problem selling that many of each. It’s just frustrating that even jumping on something the day of release it’s sold out and you can’t get it and then you hear some people got 2-3. I am not losing any sleep over it as I don’t need more shit to collect but a DL would be nice to have….just one of my favorites from my youth. And 5K produced of each unit is still VERY limited in terms of collectibles as there are Billions of people. It would just give a few more people a better chance to have one that really want one.

I played the original brand new. I was the first on the East Coast to beat this game. I highly recommend getting this version ASAP as it feels as immersive as the original even down to the red score boards. Amazing toy.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I played the original brand new. I was the first on the East Coast to beat this game. I highly recommend getting this version ASAP as it feels as immersive as the original even down to the red score boards. Amazing toy.

I would like one. I have a fully restored DL so this is right up my alley.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I would like one. I have a fully restored DL so this is right up my alley.

If you really want one at the current going rate, pm Borygard he had some for sale at MGC.

#125 2 years ago

I’m hoping for a Centipede re-issue. There was one in the big bundle, but it’s way too rich for me.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I DIDNT get an email yet.

I did but I was too slow to get on the list

3 months later
#127 2 years ago

The lineup is growing...

20220112_072411.jpg20220112_072411.jpg
2 weeks later
#128 2 years ago

For anyone else that missed them originally, New Wave is doing another run of updated Dragon’s Lair cabinets. These things got crazy expensive on the 2nd hand market, but they opened pre-orders at $149.99 today as well as Space Ace and some variations of each: https://newwavetoys.com/

Now if they’d just do the same with Centipede & Tempest I’d be all set

4AB1768F-0649-4D04-86AA-6077C1C98205 (resized).jpeg4AB1768F-0649-4D04-86AA-6077C1C98205 (resized).jpeg
#129 2 years ago

Philosophical Question: get Dragon's Lair even though I’ve been all the way through it or get Space Ace, which I’ve never played?

Is Space Ace as good?

#130 2 years ago

I’ve ordered QBert & Missile Command. Seems ify to keep giving them money for further and further out. But I probably will.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I’ve ordered QBert & Missile Command. Seems ify to keep giving them money for further and further out. But I probably will.

Yeah. I'm not happy with the constant pre-orders without fulfilling orders in between.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Yeah. I'm not happy with the constant pre-orders without fulfilling orders in between.

That, and I already thought I had a limited edition Dragon's Liar. This is like a stern vault, keep printing money.

#133 2 years ago

That, and I already thought I had a limited edition Dragon's Liar. This is like a stern vault, keep printing money.

Well it sounds like there is no limited editions worth paying extra for as a collectable.Sucks for those who bought them on ebay for 400 and up.

#134 2 years ago

Worse than that, they're adding new, better features to these new runs so the old versions are less desirable. It's like they're punishing you for being an early adopter.

#135 2 years ago

I'm in for DL with the red trim. Was sorry I missed the first one. Also have QBert ordered (for my wife) and Missile Command. Those are the only games I’d want.

Unless they reissue centipede.

Any one here like Qix? Quirky, but I loved it. I’d get a Qix in a heartbeat.

But no others.

I don’t think.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I'm in for DL with the red trim. Was sorry I missed the first one. Also have QBert ordered (for my wife) and Missile Command. Those are the only games I’d want.
Unless they reissue centipede.
Any one here like Qix? Quirky, but I loved it. I’d get a Qix in a heartbeat.
But no others.
I don’t think.

Qix would be nice! There are a few others I'd love to see. Scramble, Tiger Heli, Sky Shark, Ghost & Goblins.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Yep same here still waiting on QBert hard to believe I ordered that back in July I think and Missile Command in October. I said I'm not ordering anymore till I got my others but went ahead and ordered Space Ace they are saying 1st qtr 2023 for that. Just need Centipede now.

#138 2 years ago

So, I've bought three machines now, got all caught up in the frenzy and never asked myself... are these little machines too small to play? Has anyone here played one?

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

So, I've bought three machines now, got all caught up in the frenzy and never asked myself... are these little machines too small to play? Has anyone here played one?

I have three of them (Dragon's Lair, Tempest, 1943) and they are perfectly fine to play.

3 weeks later
#140 2 years ago

I got q*Bert today. It makes me laugh that stern doesn't include a knocker in their games but this little 1/6 scale arcade cabinet has one.

#141 2 years ago

Still waiting on mine. Don’t remember if I bought the preview or after.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I got q*Bert today. It makes me laugh that stern doesn't include a knocker in their games but this little 1/6 scale arcade cabinet has one.

Mine is scheduled to get delivered tomorrow. Man UPS is so slow lol. They're as bad as USPS now.

Seems to be a US problem. Ordered parts last week from PinballCenter in Germany and got the parts in 3 days (UPS too). Actually both my parts order and the Q-Bert cab got shipped on the same day.

UPS from a different continent takes 3 days. From the US takes at least 10 days. Go figure.

#143 2 years ago

Finally arrived! Woot!

013E40A4-548D-42F1-9E3E-B553735B35ED (resized).jpeg013E40A4-548D-42F1-9E3E-B553735B35ED (resized).jpeg
#144 2 years ago

I haven’t even gotten a tracking number. Must have missed the preview. I forget.

1 week later
#145 2 years ago

Arcade 1up version just went on sale.

#146 2 years ago

They don’t get great reviews.

#147 2 years ago

It took 9 months for Q*Bert to come, but it’s worth the wait. I ordered DL and Space Ace last month. These things are a hit at parties, and mine are on a window ledge that’s a perfect height for gawking and playing.

I got the little Coronas on Amazon for like $4 from China, they look great and they’re the same scale.
AF0F4127-7469-421C-94F6-D2F70E8297B5 (resized).jpegAF0F4127-7469-421C-94F6-D2F70E8297B5 (resized).jpeg

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It took 9 months for Q*Bert to come, but it’s worth the wait. I ordered DL and Space Ace last month. These things are a hit at parties, and mine are on a window ledge that’s a perfect height for gawking and playing.[quoted image]

The little beer bottles are a nice touch.

#149 2 years ago

Now they're selling 1/6 scale boomboxes that double as a Bluetooth speaker.

m90microhandheld.jpgm90microhandheld.jpg
#150 2 years ago

I’m pretty sure I ordered a Qbert but I haven’t received a shipping notification either

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-dragons-layer-toy/page/3?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.