IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0324 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0322 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0321 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0320 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0319 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0318 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0253 (resized).png
There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 3 years ago

The posts on Twitter are an overwhelming yes to reissues. It does kill the whole idea of "Limited Edition" that they advertise.

#52 3 years ago

Just follow stern with this one. Change something superficial and call them premium instead of limited.

#53 3 years ago

I got an early Dragon's Lair and although I was impressed it did have a cosmetic flaw, I emailed them pictures and they took great care of me. Unfortunately they had run out by the time my original made it back to them in shipping, so they just emailed me yesterday to let me know my replacement was finally coming. Very happy to be getting that back.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

The posts on Twitter are an overwhelming yes to reissues. It does kill the whole idea of "Limited Edition" that they advertise.

Says Asteroids is 4000 units.

#55 3 years ago

I already have a DL and bought the Asteroids yesterday. Totally accurate to the original I played in 1983.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

They're already talking about re-running everything again.
[quoted image]

Good for them.
I hope they sell as many as they can make.

#57 3 years ago

I only missed out on Centipede, which I would love to have, but they are going for crazy money second hand.
I hope they reissue them, I'm not concerned with collectabliity, I just want to add it to my mini lineup.

Any guesses on what their future titles will be? Their website shows cabinet shadows for another 5 titles.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I only missed out on Centipede, which I would love to have, but they are going for crazy money second hand. I hope they reissue them, I'm not concerned with collectabliity, I just want it to add it to my mini lineup.
Any guesses on what their future titles will be? There website shows cabinet shadows for another 5 titles.

One of them looks like Missile Command.
I really hoping for Space Ace!

#59 3 years ago

Missile Command would be awesome, Space Ace would be really nice next to Dragons Lair, but that has a unique cabinet that isn't one of the shadows.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Any guesses on what their future titles will be? Their website shows cabinet shadows for another 5 titles.

I think 1942 is the next one based on prototypes shown at shows.

#61 3 years ago

Why would they limit how many they make? Great business model.

#62 3 years ago

I just ordered Asteroids it will go along with Dragons Lair and Tempest I also have the change machine.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

They learned that from JJP... "limited" to how many you can sell.- haha

#64 3 years ago

I thought this was so cool..but I talked myself out of buying it multipel times. I just don't need it. lol

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I thought this was so cool..but I talked myself out of buying it multipel times. I just don't need it. lol

I am exactly the same I know it's just another thing I will put on a shelf and I'm trying to stop buying those types of items.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Where did you see that? Couldn't find that on their page.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Where did you see that? Couldn't find that on their page.

Bottom of home page, scroll to bottom.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I only missed out on Centipede, which I would love to have, but they are going for crazy money second hand.
I hope they reissue them, I'm not concerned with collectabliity, I just want it to add it to my mini lineup.

I know Lunar Lander is one they are planning on.

They’ve been great little additions to the house. I’ve picked up the whole set so far. The Dragon’s Lair is exceptional. Asteroids should be here tomorrow.

#69 3 years ago

Likely a long shot but if anyone happened to snag an extra Dragons Lair game they would consider selling feel free to pm me.. I am bummed I missed out on one of these, such a cool game! Thanks!

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from spyderken:

I just ordered Asteroids it will go along with Dragons Lair and Tempest I also have the change machine.

I have the same lineup Got my Astroids the other day. The only thing I don't like about that one, is the monitor so vertical and flat. With the marquee overhang, it's hard to see the screen when you put it on the table to play. You almost have to get on your knees for a full view of the screen.
Still, these little arcades are amazing works of playable art and remind me of going to the arcade in the 80's.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I have the same lineup Got my Astroids the other day. The only thing I don't like about that one, is the monitor so vertical and flat. With the marquee overhang, it's hard to see the screen when you put it on the table to play. You almost have to get on your knees for a full view of the screen.
Still, these little arcades are amazing works of playable art and remind me of going to the arcade in the 80's.

Ive been holding mine and tilting back.

IMG_44941 (resized).jpgIMG_44941 (resized).jpgIMG_44951 (resized).jpgIMG_44951 (resized).jpg
#72 3 years ago

I love that owl eye coin door!

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You can Buy Asteroids Right Now. It went sold out day of event. But, was opened again several hours later. Still open, limit 2.

I just tried to buy an Asteroids and it’s sold out. :/

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I just tried to buy an Asteroids and it’s sold out. :/

I got an email this afternoon that there was only a hundred left, id 3 p.m. Pacific.
I thought about it but I just don't have time to sell stuff on eBay.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

A few asteroids in stock here

I grabbed an Asteroids and change machine, thanks!

#77 3 years ago

My little lineup. Just needs Centipede.

F637B1E9-DA8D-4C9A-8DE8-D41AC8070A8C (resized).jpegF637B1E9-DA8D-4C9A-8DE8-D41AC8070A8C (resized).jpeg
#78 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:I think 1942 is the next one based on prototypes shown at shows.

Here’s a few pics from the show video.
1942 and missile command prototypes, along with a couple of missile command concepts.

C34EA909-619A-40DF-9D66-42ED6C5AF43F (resized).jpegC34EA909-619A-40DF-9D66-42ED6C5AF43F (resized).jpeg34628A04-A700-4B97-962B-B0995C54648A (resized).jpeg34628A04-A700-4B97-962B-B0995C54648A (resized).jpegB093A8F0-0CCF-44C5-860E-EFDE43D8CC3A (resized).jpegB093A8F0-0CCF-44C5-860E-EFDE43D8CC3A (resized).jpegBAEB30EF-BD22-401C-91F8-674B49AEC57B (resized).jpegBAEB30EF-BD22-401C-91F8-674B49AEC57B (resized).jpeg
#79 3 years ago

These are the silhouettes that they are showing after 1942.

3ED7B505-E6B0-4F7D-BE64-513B434ACE3F (resized).png3ED7B505-E6B0-4F7D-BE64-513B434ACE3F (resized).png
#80 3 years ago

So, 1942 is next I gather. That's cool, I'm sure they will throw in 1943 and other variants. It looks like they are working from right to left with the silhouettes.
Lunar Lander after that? I don't remember playing that much, but I'm going to load it up on MAME and see if I can jog my memory.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

It looks like they are working from right to left with the silhouettes.

Yes, from right to left.
If they can make a lunar lander with an accurate thruster I’m in.

1 month later
#82 3 years ago

Saw 1942 listed as next release.
Also looks like everyone bought Asteroids to resell on ebay.

#83 3 years ago

I might buy a 1942. I loved that game

#84 3 years ago

All sold out. Got on the mailing list so I can snag a Missile Command when they come out.

How good is the track ball on Centipede ? Anyone here know?

3 weeks later
#85 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

How good is the track ball on Centipede ? Anyone here know?

Works great on my Centipede. Better than I anticipated, actually.

#86 3 years ago

Just bought the Dragon's Lair original poster jigsaw puzzle from these folks. Can’t wait for it to get here.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from drumasauras:

Likely a long shot but if anyone happened to snag an extra Dragons Lair game they would consider selling feel free to pm me.. I am bummed I missed out on one of these, such a cool game! Thanks!

bunch on ebay

2 weeks later
#88 3 years ago

1942 is basically a double release with 1943. Two new games to add to the lineup at the same time.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

1942 is basically a double release with 1943. Two new games to add to the lineup at the same time.

Already paid on my two. I owned the full size 1943. Gonna see how this one compares.

#90 3 years ago

Yea I’m on the mailing list after I grabbed the dragons lair , so I can grab them as soon as the preorder is in . I also just grabbed the 1942 and one of those coin slot key chains . That thing is sick ! Nice weight to it and looks great . I need the coin machine charger next

BEFB1A5D-62A5-4BBA-982A-765CBDE041D9 (resized).jpegBEFB1A5D-62A5-4BBA-982A-765CBDE041D9 (resized).jpegCFD2CCF2-747C-45C2-9E92-B0E41F17EC1B (resized).jpegCFD2CCF2-747C-45C2-9E92-B0E41F17EC1B (resized).jpegDB27FBAE-F108-4556-911A-B72031676167 (resized).jpegDB27FBAE-F108-4556-911A-B72031676167 (resized).jpegE86D8985-1096-4B86-A156-4AFB906EA82F (resized).jpegE86D8985-1096-4B86-A156-4AFB906EA82F (resized).jpegF36D06B3-CB54-4A5F-8D08-5F9434188FB2 (resized).jpegF36D06B3-CB54-4A5F-8D08-5F9434188FB2 (resized).jpeg
#91 3 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Yea I’m on the mailing list after I grabbed the dragons lair , so I can grab them as soon as the preorder is in . I also just grabbed the 1942 and one of those coin slot key chains . That thing is sick ! Nice weight to it and looks great . I need the coin machine charger next
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah. I've had one on my Keychain for a few months. Pretty cool. Definitely high quality.

The charge machine is great. A must have if you're collecting cabinets.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I love mine! Hdmi out and usb don’t seem to work, but otherwise amazing!

There's a settings menu in the machine - (coin slot button) I think there's an option to select HDMI out from there.

#93 3 years ago

Duplicate

2 months later
#94 2 years ago

New Wave Toys branching into mini pinball territory...

Screenshot_20210622-115240_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210622-115240_Gmail (resized).jpg
#95 2 years ago

This is great news!

#96 2 years ago

The Dragon’s Lair original poster jigsaw puzzle from these folks looks great and is now on my gameroom wall.

For those who like doing jigsaws, this one is very well made and fun to work.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

The Dragon’s Lair original poster jigsaw puzzle from these folks looks great and is now on my gameroom wall.
For those who like doing jigsaws, this one is very well made and fun to work.
[quoted image]

How do you go about framing it? I got the puzzle too, and will probably tackle it over the holiday weekend. Especially, if it's going to be 100 degrees out here forever.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

How do you go about framing it?

It isn’t framed, it is mounted on brown fiber board from Lowe’s or Home Depot. Approx 1/8” thick, a little less.

We do a lot of puzzles and this is our method. You'll need newspaper, white glue and craft sticks (tongue depressors or popsicle sticks).

Flip the completed puzzle over. It takes a little practice.

Spread white glue over the entire back with the sticks. Keep a damp wash rag handy for drips. Spread newsprint over the glue and smooth down with clean sticks.

Flip it back over and clean up any glue.

When dry, glue to the fiber board. We cut ours 3/4” or 1” larger all around for a border. Dragon's lair's border was painted with black acrylic, but usually we don’t bother.

B9DF2989-4D9F-435E-BDB6-BC5B560F93CC (resized).jpegB9DF2989-4D9F-435E-BDB6-BC5B560F93CC (resized).jpeg

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

It isn’t framed, it is mounted on brown fiber board from Lowe’s or Home Depot. Approx 1/8” thick, a little less.
We do a lot of puzzles and this is our method. You'll need newspaper, white glue and craft sticks (tongue depressors or popsicle sticks).
Flip the completed puzzle over. It takes a little practice.
Spread white glue over the entire back with the sticks. Keep a damp wash rag handy for drips. Spread newsprint over the glue and smooth down with clean sticks.
Flip it back over and clean up any glue.
When dry, glue to the fiber board. We cut ours 3/4” or 1” larger all around for a border. Dragon's lair's border was painted with black acrylic, but usually we don’t bother.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the write up, I haven’t tackled a jigsaw puzzle for years, but this is one that hits close to home.
Dragons Lair, and all the 80’s Laser Disc games hold a special place in my heart. I hope to tackle it this weekend…..and hopefully hang it by Christmas

1 week later
#100 2 years ago

Next New Wave title Q-Bert! Just listed for pre-order sale today.

If you want one place your order now. They will insta-sellout once again I’m sure.

https://newwavetoys.com/pages/q-bert-x-replicade-pre-order-page

F2638699-A7FF-4CB3-894B-52952C9CF99E (resized).jpegF2638699-A7FF-4CB3-894B-52952C9CF99E (resized).jpeg
There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-dragons-layer-toy/page/2?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.