5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bublehead
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Ok, this will probably get a f-ton of downvotes for even suggesting it but just ponder it first and discuss instead of pulling a muscle lurching for your keyboards to flame the idea. It is just an idea, but how would people have reacted to BKSoR if you took the art and the animations and the callouts and reskinned API’s Oktoberfest’s pf/mechs as Black Knight? This is a mind exercise, I am not saying Oktoberfest is better, or BKSoR is better, but which design, removed from theme, has more going on, and how would you rate these titles if it was a whitewood on whitewood battle royal? Anyone willing to discuss? I want to do the same exercise as other titles are “revealed” and compare, whitewood to whitewood how they stack up as well. Who’s with me?

So remove all your preconcieved notions about integration, artwork, animations, callouts, RGB this, or LED that and focus on the mechs and playfield design. THIS IS NOT JUST A COIL COUNT COMPARISON!!!

First match of this War is API’s Oktoberfest and Stern’s Black Knight:SoR

Who wins this Whitewood battle? Give your reasons and discuss...

#4 5 years ago

Well I guess we need to go premium since Oktoberfest doesn’t have a Pro model?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mind-exercise-whitewood-battle-royal?tu=Bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.