Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tomdrum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0d639bc8504f850dbb9c0b371084b448cb7b69ed (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I don't post much but when I do I have to spit my coffee on my keyboard and monitor. How can this be ?
    ebay.com link: PLAYBOY Pinball Machine Playfield Overlay UV PRINTED Clear Inserts

#2 3 years ago

He sells many overlays for worn playfields

#3 3 years ago

Typical Classic Arcades garbage

#4 3 years ago

Stay away from these overlays. They are junk. Get a reproduction playfield (like a CPR) if you need one for a Playboy.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Stay away from these overlays. They are junk. Get a reproduction playfield (like a CPR) if you need one for a Playboy.

I bought some of his garbage as a newbie back 20 years ago and never, ever touched his crap again. But this is next level of complete and utter junk. This is worse then a worn playfield. I can't believe this is tolerated

#6 3 years ago

Licensed?

#8 3 years ago

I will poop on classic arcades arcades every chance I get. Here is my AFM overlay missing art in the inserts. Where is my statue of liberty? I sanded my playfield to prep for this. I emailed the license holder, ebay, paypal, etc. "If you used it you bought it" F- them.

0d639bc8504f850dbb9c0b371084b448cb7b69ed (resized).jpg0d639bc8504f850dbb9c0b371084b448cb7b69ed (resized).jpg
    #9 3 years ago

That guy has been selling garbage for years. Also not very honest. Stay away!

#10 3 years ago

I’ve got a classic arcade overlay on the placeholder / tester playfield in my playboy currently. I didn’t put it on, I got it that way. For what it is, it doesn’t look bad honestly, but it plays like shit.

But like I said, it’s just a placeholder so I don’t have an empty cabinet in my arcade room, until cpr does another run on Playfields.

#11 3 years ago

You either repair or replace worn out playfields. Overlays do neither.

#12 3 years ago

There are 3 options for a worn PF. Touch it up and clear it. Replace with a CPR or NOS which will need cleared. Hardtop if the title is available. I have played games with a overlay which was properly installed and then clearcoated. Played fine but I doubt 5 years from now that there won't be issues. I'd never install one myself.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mind-blown-playboy-overlay-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.