Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dkrubis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I recently purchased my first pin and have been studying the forum section for a ton of helpful information.
    The pin is in really good shape, with no signs of wear on the PF. It is a 1996 SS Capcom machine. It is a HUO pin.
    The prior owner told me he used Novus 2 as a cleaner and Millwax on the PF.
    I've read tons of threads on the problems with using a silicone, and the general discussions on Novus products.
    If I want to start using carnuba wax, do I need to remove the silicone/millwax product first? If so, how do I go about doing that?
    Also, thinking about longevity, and trying to make sure the PF stays in top shape, should I remove the Millwax?

#4 7 years ago

Thank you for the replies. I was also concerned that the wax would not adhere to the silicone, but it sounds like that isn't the case. I don't have any plans to re-clear it any time soon since it is in top shape. Clean and wax. Thank you!

#6 7 years ago

Thank you. I just placed an order for some Blitz. This seems to be the choice for many pinheads.

#8 7 years ago

That's what I was thinking too for a cleaner. I read thru a lot of old posts that mentioned using that product.

#20 7 years ago

FrostyMug~
    I purchased a Breakshot. I love the idea of it being simple old school and open PF without too much distraction. I like seeing he ball move around, and I needed knock down targets. The capture in the middle is a cool feature too.

Otaku,
    Thanks for the insight. I'll see what works best. Maybe since the PF is already real clean, I'll start with Napatha first.

#24 7 years ago

7Warpig7 and Rdoyle1978~
    What is PPG? Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dkrubis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/millwax-silicone-removal-waxing?tu=dkrubis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.