Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by boscokid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200102_162623 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3AC4BA1-7E22-4032-BE94-4929B7012EA2 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Hi there,

Weird issue with Millionaire. Picked it up yesterday. I’ll go to enter the options. (wanted to set it in free play.) The game will instead enter a test called C.B. Spin, and I am unable to advance past it, or exit this test.

Where should I be looking. All buttons are wired correctly from what I can tell. I’ll attach a photo of it, as well as the display when in this test.

Any advice is appreciated.

Eric

C3AC4BA1-7E22-4032-BE94-4929B7012EA2 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Let’s see if this will change things power off the game and open up the backbox and remove the batteries and power back on.

#3 1 year ago

Well somebody has obviously desoldered the wires to those switches at some point. My guess is they put them back incorrectly.

Here is a picture from my System 11B Jokerz! I assume system 11 & 11B are wired the same as the wire colors match. It looks like your Advance wires are backwards and on the opposite side as original. Manual up/down also on 'wrong' side. Im not 100% sure it matters but I would put it back and mirror a know good setup to be safe

20200102_162623 (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago

Make sure the MPU is wired up correctly at the bottom left side of the board.

1J14 the same colored wires as you see on the diagnostic switches.
1J13 all black wires

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Well somebody has obviously desoldered the wires to those switches at some point. My guess is they put them back incorrectly.
Here is a picture from my System 11B Jokerz! I assume system 11 & 11B are wired the same as the wire colors match. It looks like your Advance wires are backwards and on the opposite side as original. Manual up/down also on 'wrong' side. Im not 100% sure it matters but I would put it back and mirror a know good setup to be safe[quoted image]

Yes that would mostly likely be the problem

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Here is a picture from my System 11B Jokerz! I assume system 11 & 11B are wired the same as the wire colors match. It looks like your Advance wires are backwards and on the opposite side as original. Manual up/down also on 'wrong' side. Im not 100% sure it matters but I would put it back and mirror a know good setup to be safe[quoted image]

Thank you for that imagery - crazy how far off the wiring of mine is. Is that second button, middle pin, white wire soldering onto the bottom right pin of button 3?

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Thank you for that imagery - crazy how far off the wiring of mine is. Is that second button, middle pin, white wire soldering onto the bottom right pin of button 3?

Yes. White wire on the middle switch, middle pin is jumpered to the bottom right pin of the advance button

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
$ 11.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 221.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 899.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside