Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by leeoneil
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SMDSC06333.jpg
    DSC06453sm.jpg
    468365_2954781193532_1381519105_321303.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeff_phx_az.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Juggernaut:

I have had nothing but good results with Mil Wax... (Novus 2 was used first, followed by a couple thin coats of mil wax..)
    I only use it on old EM's... I have heard you wouldn't want to use it on a modern play-field, though.. (No first hand exp, so I can't say one way or another)
    I REALLY like it for metal parts.. It WILL pull the ink off the top of pop covers..

Attachments SMDSC06333.jpg (668.8 KB, 0 downloads) 9 minutes old DSC06453sm.jpg (687.1 KB, 0 downloads) 9 minutes old 468365_2954781193532_1381519105_321303.jpg (205.7 KB, 0 downloads) 9 minutes old

Thats beautiful!! Is the PF clearcoated? It sure looks like it!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Juggernaut:

Thanks! No clear coat... just very sore arms & a shamwow!!

Very impressive!!!

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Pin_Crazed said:girloveswaffles said:I wouldn't, however, use Novus on a regular basis. #2 and #3 are slightly abrasive. Using it to get some deep down grime on a rare occasion, maybe.
    That is why they work, they finely polish the surface, removing small scratches. I agree, you should not use Novus2 often, use wax to clean up the play field. I use Novus2 in two or three applications depending on how hazed the play field is on the initial shop and clean, followed up with several coats of wax applied with a detail ball on my cordless drill and removed by hand. After that it only requires a bit of wax on a soft cloth to follow up and remove dirt build up from use. Looks amazing, plays amazing.
    Actually, you shouldn't use wax to clean. Do you wash your car every time it's dirty, or use wax on it?
    Years ago I was told this by a WMS technician. I was also told that you can use light detergents, or even soap and water (lightly applied with a rag) to clean newer play-fields ( specifically clear coated ones) as long as nothing containing Ammonia is used.
    But using Novus (especially #3) will remove paint or fog surfaces by itself. It's not a cleaner or wax, it's a polish (As in buffing rouge).
    And as I'm posting this right now, I have a Bottle of Novus #3 right here with me
    On the back, top paragraph:
    "NOVUS PLASTIC POLISH NO.3
    Removes heavy scratches and abrasions from most acrylic surfaces. Contains abrasives. Not for use on eyeglasses, polycabonate, or coated plastics."
    Yes. Novus CONTAINS ABRASIVES! Would you also use an emery cloth to clean your play-field?
    This is why you shouldn't use it on a regular basis.

Of course most of us dont use novus #3 anyways, Simple green to clean, novus #2, then caranauba wax. Mill wax will lift your mylar and dont use it on ramps

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeff_phx_az.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mill-wax-pinball-playfield-wax-and-cleaner?tu=jeff_phx_az and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.