Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4728 (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

I think everyone has super powers. They just aren't as extreme as the ones that make the movies. Call them "mild".

I have two.

When using bulk materials, say connectors, and I pour a bunch out of a bag to make up, say, 50 cables, I very often pour out the exact amount without trying.

I also know what time it is. All the time. To within under 5 minutes, every time. Weird.

What's your mild super power?

#2 5 years ago

Mine is detecting BS.

#3 5 years ago

I tend to know what direction I'm going -- North, South, East, West. . . without a compass, map, etc.

#4 5 years ago

I can also identify most pre 1975 vehicles (make/model/year) within three years at highway speeds.

#5 5 years ago

I have the uncanny ability to pick the wrong line at the grocery store.

Every. Single. Time.

#6 5 years ago

I can make gallons of lager disappear.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I can make gallons of lager disappear.

But your kryptonite is hotel security.

#8 5 years ago

I'm really, really good at spending money.
    Napping too.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

But your kryptonite is hotel security.

Grysz location was his power.
    He caught me drinkin and smokin. I'm absolutely sure that sometime soon he's gonna kick the bathroom door open and catch me jerkin off.

#10 5 years ago

I will have a song stuck in my head all day only to hear it on the drive home from work, like a lot. Exact Song Predictions or ESP as I call it.

#11 5 years ago

My special power is to piss my wife off with what I think is a humorous comment at least once a week for the last 36 yrs.!

#12 5 years ago

I know what year every major motion picture was released within my lifetime.

#13 5 years ago

I’ve got the time thing going on, too. Kind of funny-it disappeared for about a year after I had major surgery-I’m sure it was a neurological side-effect from the anasthesia

Of more concern to me are wife’s abilities. I can be three thousand miles away set up at a comic con, and she can pick the busiest time of the day to bug me about useless shit I can’t do anything about (sons hockey schedule, loose hubcap, broken storm door, etc), when in fact she will ignore or argue with anything I say anyway. There are comic dealers lol over the country that are amazed by this.

Fortunately she has no clue about when I buy new machines until it’s too late. I’ve made 500 mile round trips without her cluing in.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I will have a song stuck in my head all day only to hear it on the drive home from work, like a lot. Exact Song Predictions or ESP as I call it.

I get this. When I was going to high school and I took the bus I'd know songs that would play soon even if they weren't in the regular rotation

#15 5 years ago

I have a couple....maybe they are skills....

I have a light photographic memory.
    For some people, I can read minds, only numbers.
    I can see trends in merchandising, and tastes.

My biggest super power is keeping my wife happy for 43 years!

#16 5 years ago

My super power is getting really excited about a project, figuring out every detail and then... not following through

#17 5 years ago

Dogs love to sniff my crotch.

#18 5 years ago

i can pour two or more glasses perfect without looking from the side.

That is a superpower! The Pouring Equal Man to the rescue.

#19 5 years ago

My super power is the ability to disappoint.

#20 5 years ago

My super power is to put the USB connection in a computer, connector, or wall outlet wrong everytime....sometimes I even look at the plug before inserting and still get it wrong

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#21 5 years ago

My not-so-super power is mild clairvoyance.

Maybe I can just read a situation and determine people’s actions easily. For example. My parents invited me and my sister over cuz they had something they wanted to tell us. Immediately I told my wife that I thought they were going to move across the country. I just had a feeling. We don’t have any family there. My mom has 1 friend out there that they had visited a year ago. They never mentioned that they were thinking about it, but it does make a lost of sense for them.

Sure enough, just found out on Saturday they have a place picked out and plan to sell their farm in the spring.

#22 5 years ago

Claire Voyance!? I dated her in high school....

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

Claire Voyance!? I dated her in high school....

I saw that coming.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

I saw that coming.

You MUST by psychic

#25 5 years ago
    IMG_4728 (resized).JPGIMG_4728 (resized).JPG
    #26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Mine is detecting BS.

Yep, got my chest waders on for this one.

#27 5 years ago

I'm able to keep my toenails for growing so I don't have to clip them, but strangely not my fingernails.

#28 5 years ago

I can get up every morning a the same time, without an alarm clock.

#29 5 years ago

Being Older, I now need glasses to help with my X ray Vision!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #30 5 years ago

When inquiring about a pinball machine listed for sale at a good price I usually manage to be the second caller.

#31 5 years ago

Can guess the correct time within a few minutes after hours of not looking at any clocks. Its a game I have played since I was a little kid, and now with the perspective of being old and understanding <some> things about life, I realize this is a component of excessive OCD behavior.

For those of you that always instinctively know which way is North, West, etc, I envy you, that's definitely a thing, but I am the exact opposite. I never have a clue and need some sort of identification to know. I also will turn the WRONG way if I am not sure about 80% of the time. So now I think about which way I think I want to turn, and then just go the opposite way, but then that doesn't work either. Luckily I live in a place that is almost totally laid on on a grid with all the streets pointing in the major directions, so this makes it much easier to construct the map in my head and know which way is which.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I can also identify most pre 1975 vehicles (make/model/year) within three years at highway speeds.

My Dad could do that at night as well.

#33 5 years ago

Here is my story of having super powers, for a brief time (about 2 weeks) after I had brain surgery i craved frozen stuff and I didn’t get brain freeze/slurpee headaches no mater how much frozen stuff I drank. I actually joked with my wife at the time that I had a super power, unfortunately the brain freeze is back now and I have to be careful when drinking frozen drinks again
    True story!

#34 5 years ago

In high school a couple of friends and I joked about having worthless/lame super powers. Mine was the ability to dry quickly, which was somewhat based on reality as they'd marvel how quickly my hair would dry after getting out of the pool. One friend's power was the ability to calm jittery squirrels. And the other friend's was the ability to communicate with corn.

#35 5 years ago

I can turn off street lights just by looking at them. I also know that my phone will ring 5 seconds before it happens.

#36 5 years ago

I can stare at a red traffic light and make it turn green.

#37 5 years ago

I can pretend to listnen to my wife, but think about pinball without her noticing.

#38 5 years ago

I can make a room full of people disappear w/o muttering a single magic word.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I can make a room full of people disappear w/o muttering a single magic word.

FARTMASTER STRIKES AGAIN!!

#40 5 years ago

No matter the amount of cash in my wallet, my wife or daughters will need that exact amount for something at any given time.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

My super power is to put the USB connection in a computer, connector, or wall outlet wrong everytime....sometimes I even look at the plug before inserting and still get it wrong
    [quoted image]

Everybody knows it takes 3 tries to properly insert a USB cable.

#42 5 years ago

I can influence what ads will appear in phone apps by the power of my conversations alone.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mild-super-powers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.