1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by ASOA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Mike Tyson's Punch Out vs TMNT: The Arcade Game”

• Mike Tyson's Punch Out 45 votes
      74%
    • TMNT: The Arcade Game 16 votes
      26%

(61 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mar2016tysonisready (resized).jpg
    0EE52699-1214-4F10-9DB2-3FD2E5B233FF (resized).jpeg
    60E30828-39F8-4E20-AA72-ACAA4ECEAF30 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1355 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Which is the better game on NES?

#2 1 year ago

Punch out is good. But not co-op. It's more memorization. And reading patterns.

TMNT is an all around great game.
    But gets boring quick. After beating it one or two times that's it.

Punch out for replayability.
    TMNT for co-op fun factor.

No real winner here.

#4 1 year ago

Both are great games that have a special nostalgia for me since I grew up playing them. Kinda hard to compare the 2 since Punch Out is single player and TMNT is best played with a partner, but I’d give the edge to Punch Out. Even non video game players knew punch out

#5 1 year ago

Dude, punch out and it’s not even close! If you said Manhattan project it would be more fair. Now if we were talking arcades I’d actually go the other way around.

6 months later
    #6 11 months ago

No way punch out is better than this 4 player BAD AZZ!

IMG_1355 (resized).JPG
    #7 11 months ago

Punch Out or Super Punch Out are both better in the arcade; don;t know/care aboot NES

#8 11 months ago

Punch Out > TMNT the Arcade game

However, I prefer TMNT III the Manhattan Project over TMNT II. More challenging and fun.

#9 11 months ago

I played tmnt the other day with a friend cause he said it was his favorite game from years ago. I was bored after a minute.

#10 11 months ago

Punchout and Super Punchout are kickass arcade games.

0EE52699-1214-4F10-9DB2-3FD2E5B233FF (resized).jpeg60E30828-39F8-4E20-AA72-ACAA4ECEAF30 (resized).jpeg
    #11 11 months ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I played tmnt the other day with a friend cause he said it was his favorite game from years ago. I was bored after a minute.

Yeah, the beat 'em ups get old so fast at home. I picked up an X-Men arcade last year and wanted to sell it before I finished 1 game.

#12 11 months ago

I enjoyed both games in the arcade and NES... thought this was a pretty good watch

#13 11 months ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Yeah, the beat 'em ups get old so fast at home. I picked up an X-Men arcade last year and wanted to sell it before I finished 1 game.

Classic early mame Gauntlet truth.

#14 11 months ago

Punch out by far, it's one of the titles that started the Nintendo legend.

As to TMNT, there were actually 3 TMNT games released on Nes, the second being an adaptation (on that poor Nes) of the arcade beat'em all game.
    The first one is actually an excellent platformer game, provided that you can deal with its high difficulty level.

#15 11 months ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Punch out by far, it's one of the titles that started the Nintendo legend.
    As to TMNT, there were actually 3 TMNT games released on Nes, the second being an adaptation (on that poor Nes) of the arcade beat'em all game.
    The first one is actually an excellent platformer game, provided that you can deal with its high difficulty level.

The first one was my arch nemesis back in the day - incredibly hard... basically impossible by today’s standards. My kid’s head would explode. TMNT II and III were worlds better but I don’t get why Manhattan Project is so much better than II.. basically the same game

#16 11 months ago

Tmnt is as boring as the Simpsons they have them both on freeplay at the arcade and about 10 minutes of each was enough for the rest of my life

#17 11 months ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The first one was my arch nemesis back in the day - incredibly hard... basically impossible by today’s standards. My kid’s head would explode. TMNT II and III were worlds better but I don’t get why Manhattan Project is so much better than II.. basically the same game

I cried over that game, back in the days I could only buy 2 games a year (one for christmas, one for my birthday), and TMNT was one of them. The game was so hard I could barely play it, which made the rest of the year incredibly frustrating !

#18 11 months ago

The beat em' up games are MUCH more fun if you only give yourself 3 lives and actually have to try to survive...No shit they're boring if you pump 100 credits in them...

Why don't you just take the glass off all your pinball games and trigger the switches by hand too

#19 11 months ago

007 373 5963

If you have to ask you would not understand.

mar2016tysonisready (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 16.00
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 195.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    $ 119.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside