Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

THinking of sending my Shadow wire forms to Mike, and am wondering if he's still around (haven't seen much on him lately) and if so what kind of turnaround are you guys seeing?

#2 11 years ago

He's still around, still busy, still in high demand. Can't tell you what turnaround time will be but you won't be disappointed in the quality when you get them back.

#3 11 years ago

I'd contact him. Mike was in a serious vehicle accident not too long ago. Make sure he's back to taking on work first.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#4 11 years ago

He's back on his feet and walking again, which is a relief. I tried to talk him into racing cars instead of bikes, but apparently cars are too slow for him.

#5 11 years ago

Before the accident he was running about 3 weeks. Great work.

#6 11 years ago

Great guy and does beautiful plating. He usually deals on a core exchange and If he has the parts in stock he sends them out in good time after you send him yours in platable condition.

#7 11 years ago

Does anyone happen to know how much Mike charges to chrome a coin door?

#8 11 years ago

Gweempose...cant remember but the price is depending on if you send yours or he has new ones already done. I want to say $220 is you send yours and $350 if he sends you a new one. Don't hold me to those prices but pretty sure I am in the ballpark.

#9 11 years ago

I had IJ ramps done in march (after his accident) and was ~2 weeks. But he said it all has to do what you want.. He does them in batches, and he just happened to be doing brass around when I mailed them in.

#10 11 years ago

I just sent a set of STTNG wire forms to him. I talked to him before I sent them, and he said they were pretty busy right now and it would probably be 3 to 4 weeks. That was fine with me because I am in no rush and he does awesome work.

#11 11 years ago

I sent stuff a little over a month ago and have not recieved it yet but I also sent two games worth of parts, wire forms, etc to have one chrome and one brass. Haven't heard anything lately but would think I should before long. In no hurry as I still have AFM in pieces as well...nothing like three games in pieces!! AFM, MB and IJ

#12 11 years ago

That’s why I only do one at a time

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer22:

... nothing like three games in pieces!! AFM, MB and IJ

I can think of a lot worse situations to be in ...

#14 11 years ago

I think I remember where everything goes???? j/k I look forward to the day I get caught up and can just play some damn pinball

Back to the original post....sorry...give Mike a call and he should be able to tell you over the phone. If it is stuff he has on hand it could be super quick.

#15 11 years ago

I emailed him yesterday and got permission to post his contact info. He also said he has the shooter in stock in both chrome and black nickel. (one of his options is to simply exchange your unit for a finished one so the turn around is quicker.

Mike Chestnut his email is

hpu at comcast dot net

9 months later
    #16 11 years ago

Anyone have a current email for Mike Chestnut??

#17 11 years ago

Last email I had for Mike was [email protected]

#18 11 years ago

That one is bouncing back - anyone else have any ideas or recommend a good person to plate some metal cabinet parts for me?

#19 11 years ago

hpugto at gmail dot com

Mike Chestnut

#20 11 years ago

Turn around time for me was quick. Extremely happy with his work as well! Going to have more done in the future.

#21 11 years ago

Thanks!

#22 11 years ago

If you just want ramps he might have shadow ramps already plated for exchange, as for turnaround I had many ramps, apron, wireforms, LD bar and some misc, turnaround time was around 3 weeks.

2 weeks later
    #23 11 years ago

Has anyone had any luck reaching Mike lately?
    I tried his usual email today and it bounced back.

If anyone has any other means of reaching Mike, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

#24 11 years ago

He's not taking new work right now.

#25 11 years ago

That's a shame. I had talked to Mike a couple of months back and procrastinated. Now I'm SOL
    I was waiting to see if he would be at allentown and get my parts picked up there.

Oh well.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Zdoor:

He's not taking new work right now.

He's not? Called him last week, getting stuff together for him soon.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

He's not? Called him last week, getting stuff together for him soon.

Maybehe has your stuff down already. I emailed him a couple days ago and he said he's swamped,

1 month later
    #28 11 years ago

Hmmm. I just tried to email him about rechroming my T2 gun handle, and the email bounced for me as well. Any thoughts on how to reach him, or find out for sure if he's not taking new work?

#29 11 years ago

Check your PM, new email address.

#30 11 years ago

Thanks for the message!

1 week later
    #31 10 years ago

anyone have Mikes newest email info? Have a demo man on way and want handles plated..

#32 10 years ago

thanks guys..

1 week later
    #33 10 years ago

Can someone pm me his email info? Thanks.

#35 10 years ago

Many thanks Blackjacker.

#36 10 years ago

I am now accepting parts for plating again. I was not accepting any new parts for a couple of weeks so that we could get caught up on existing orders here. We are now caught up on existing orders. I shipped a huge amount of parts in the last 2 weeks. I am also stocked back up on all of the common trim pieces for B/W games, and Stern, as well as wireforms, and shooters for exchange. You can reach me at 615 - 824 - 6116, or [email protected]. Thanks. Mike.

#37 10 years ago

I'm sure anyone reading this thread knows it, but Mike does fantastic work and is just a nice guy to deal with. He's done many machines for me over the years and always stands behind his work; he doesn't even ask for payment until you are satisfied. If you haven't done any replating yet, it is one of the best bang-for-the-buck upgrades you can do to make a shopped machine look better than new. He's worth the wait...

3 months later
    #38 10 years ago

Can someone send me the email of Mike please thanks in advance

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from clonekiller:

Can someone send me the email of Mike please thanks in advance

2 posts above yours

#40 10 years ago

He is quick and he does a good job and he is a nice guy. His prices are good as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mike-chestnut-plating-turn-around-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.