(Topic ID: 159037)

Mike Chestnut... From his family.

By sc93cobra

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6305_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6303_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6304_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6311_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6306_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6310_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6312_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6313_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6314_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6315_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6316_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6216_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lovef2k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from u2sean:

As a fellow motorcycle rider and someone whose machines are in better condition because of him, this is truly awful to hear. Deepest condolences to his family and friends. He will be greatly missed.

I couldn't have said it better, RIP Mike

#177 7 years ago

Mike saw my EBD in person and told me it was stunning but he deserves the credit. All this chrome was done by him in 2010.

IMG_0252_(resized).JPGIMG_0252_(resized).JPG

IMG_0270_(resized).JPGIMG_0270_(resized).JPG

#178 7 years ago
    Quoted from sc93cobra:

I shared in the service yesterday that family and loved ones (family already had been) to come here and see this thread and the things people were sharing. It was a great service and I really do feel that the family has been helped through this to learn more about Mike and all the people that cared for him. We had a time in the service for people to share stories and memories. It was awesome how many people shared about Mike and his impact on their life.
    On another note, I am hoping to begin working through the orders outstanding this week, it's really at his family's description when they are up to beginning this, but I think later this week we will be able to. I will post when we begin fulfilling orders and and be emailing those specific with anything else needed to help fill them. There's a bunch of them .
    We will also be talking about if they would like to keep this aspect of his plating business going. As I have shared with many others, we are prepared to help them do this if they wish to do so and it still benefit the family monetarily, which I think Mike would have loved. This would be using Mike's guys and contacts and so forth. I will not recommend to them that we do unless it's known for sure that we can do it with the same integrity and quality that Mike did it. I have a fair amount of knowledge of the biz from being around Mike and his willingness to share so much of it with me over the last couple of years, and from being a gearhead and having many things plated over the years for hot rods. If we can do it as he did it, and they would like that to happen, then it's game on. If not, then I know there are others waiting in the wings as there always is when money is involved.
    I want to thank everyone again for their patience with all of this. Yesterday was a tough day, but also an encouraging one. Grateful for the outpouring of love and care from our fellow pinheads. Hold your loved ones tight and spend time with those you care for. You never know what tomorrow brings.

That would be awesome if you can keep Mike's business alive, I'm all for it!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lovef2k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mike-chestnut-from-his-family-1?tu=lovef2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.