(Topic ID: 159037)

Mike Chestnut... From his family.

By sc93cobra

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6305_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6303_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6304_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6311_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6306_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6310_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6312_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6313_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6314_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6315_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6316_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6216_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 7 years ago

I was lucky enough to live very close to Mike. He was always helping someone with something motorcycle or pinball related. He was a unique guy but also a great guy. He put his word above money and only did things one way, and that was the best that he could do them. He would send people plated parts and tell them to make sure they are happy with them and then send payment. No one operates like that anymore. No one else really road like Mike either, he was the only person I have ever talked to that thought 160mph was a cruising speed.

One night at my house he was telling my wife some of his riding stories (he has hundreds of them) and she told Mike to be careful and slow down or you will get yourself killed. Mike replied back "I'll die on my bike giving it hell one day, that's alright though because it's what I love".

I'm sick over this, but at the same time I can't help but smile knowing that Mike wouldn't have wanted to go out doing anything else. Getting old and unable to do things his way was never in the cards for Mike. Rest in peace Mike.

#171 7 years ago

Yes, big turn out with lots of Mike's riding friends and with a decent amount of pinball people. I think it really helped his mom, dad, and brother to see how many people Mike positively affected.

#180 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bobby:

I was at Mike's service yesterday. While it was dominated by his riding group buddies, that was really because the riding group was from the greater Nashville area; there were enough of us from the pinball side to ensure his parents and Brother Scott heard some of our stories about Mike and the collective admiration we had for his fantastic pinball restoration expertise. The service was very touching and I have to believe the stories about Mike's expertise, enthusiasm, positive attitude and caring displayed to countless bikers and pinballers has to go a long way to make them feel proud of how positive of an influence Mike was on so many lives he touched and hopefully aids their healing process. Burying a child and a brother can not be easy, but I thought it very fitting that Chris ensured to mention at the service and at gravesite that Mike would absolutely want and demand that people get on with their lives and to live life to the fullest. Regardless of how you grieve, I found those words to ring true. Mike did more living in a decade that some people do in a lifetime. Hug your kids, hug your spouse, hug your parents - none of us know how long we have on this earth; let's all take Mike's persona and motto and live life to the fullest every day. I will always hold my memories of Mike in high regard. May God bless Mike's family and encourage us to make the most of every day.

Well said Bobby, it was good seeing you yesterday. We need to get together sometime soon, play some pinball, and have a beer for Mike. I think the thing I'm going to miss the most is that sheepish, half sarcastic grin of his when he was busting my chops over something.

#187 7 years ago

Mike holding done the 4th spot on my ACDC premium. That was literally the first time he had ever played the game and he had no clue what any of the rules were. He was making shots left and right and pounding the hell out of the bell.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#211 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigchief99:

I gave my condolences early in this thread and was hoping to learn more about Mike (who I did not know personally) from this thread. I am sure guys that know him personally or from Tennessee say that Mike died loving what he loved doing the most which was riding. I was just curious and I hope this question is not inappropriate(forgive me if it is), was Mike's accident the result of just him solo doing his thing or was there another vehicle involved like someone cutting him off. I am not a rider, always wanted to take up riding, no more because of my wife and kids won't let me. I have known a couple of people in my life time that have either got hurt or died from riding, some from their fault, some not. It was great to finally see a picture of Mike. To put a face with the name. Makes you reflect. On a much lighter note, is there any pictures of Mike's game room or collection? Again to Mike's family, you are in my prayers.....

Mike's accident was wildlife related. He was driving by himself that day and did not suffer from what I know about the accident. Mike drove crazy fast at times but was also very cautious around traffic, in town, or around other people. He drove fast in isolated areas that he knew like the back of his hand.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mike-chestnut-from-his-family-1?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.