(Topic ID: 159037)

Mike Chestnut... From his family.

By sc93cobra

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6305_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6303_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6304_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6311_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6306_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6310_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6312_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6313_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6314_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6315_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6316_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6216_(resized).JPG

There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 7 years ago

The orders we had ready shipped out today! If you are one of those you should have an email to help you track it.
    Waiting on other pieces to come back from plating to finish the other orders. Just fyi, I have been visiting with the shop a couple times a week as I'm near there almost every other day these days. He's been great at helping hunt pieces down and even redoing some I've received back that were just not the quality that we expect with Chestnut's work. We will continue this level of attention on your parts in the days ahead.
    I'll continue to be in touch with the ones still waiting on your orders one on one and I have talked with all of you at this point. As soon as I receive anything of yours, you will know it.
    Thank you again for the kind words above, and everyone waiting, thank you for your patience!

2 weeks later
    #302 7 years ago

Condolences-He will be missed.

#303 7 years ago

We will be making an announcement about Mike's business continuing this week. We are all excited about it!
    We also expect to have all parts outstanding back to their owners this week or next.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Independence Day!
    Chris

2 weeks later
    #304 7 years ago

So in the evenings, for months now, I've been working to help Mike's dad with outstanding orders after we lost Mike in the accident. It looked as if another person was going to take this biz on and run it but he eventually decided it was not for him. When that happened, Mike's dad asked if I would would be willing to take it on and run with it as apart of our biz Hot Rod Arcade. It was a huge honor that he would even ask this, as I know many of your thought as much of Mike and the work he did as myself. So today we are announcing what we've been working on.
    Pinballplating.com is a domain Mike bought and never got around to using. It's an honor to see it come to life and it's been with the help of many friends that has become a reality. Out of respect to those that were waiting on outstanding orders so many were waiting on after his passing, we have waited to share this statement: that we are officially taking new orders now! Thank you in advance for your support of this endeavor!
    Special thanks to Michael Rochelle, Vince Johnson and Andrew Fudge for your help in working through a bunch of this stuff to get to here. Also, special thanks to Ben Adkison for whipping together this site in literally a few days. It will have more added with a store in the future but we wanted to go ahead and get something up and going. Check it out and let us know what you think.
    A very special thanks to the Chestnuts. They have become family to me and they really wanted to see this happen, if not I promise you it would not have. I'm so grateful for them and glad that this will continue to benefit them as well as all the rest of us in the hobby.

email @ [email protected] or call text @ 615-598-0024
    Check out the new site and let us know what you think, thanks!
    Chris
    http://www.pinballplating.com

#305 7 years ago

I never personally met Mike but I dare say the world lost a good guy. I feel terrible for his family. Their grief must be beyond belief. Every one of us that gets on a bike, no matter how cautious we are, knows what could happen but we do it anyway. My wife hates it that I have one. Someone close to her give her a hug and watch over her.

3 weeks later
    #306 7 years ago

Wow this is terrible news. I met Mike many years ago. We had a lot of fun over the years at pinball expo. One of my best pinball memories of Mike besides the great plating work on a big portion of my collection and being a great resource for parts and knowledge was the time we spent together at the IPB parts sale many years ago. We spent so many hours digging through all of those parts. So much fun digging through all those parts and watching Mike's face light up when he found rare parts and/or parts he needed for a restore. I learned a lot from him over the years and always enjoyed our conversations. RIP Mike - until we meet again.....

2 months later
    #307 7 years ago

Wow, very sad news. I never met Mike, but his reputation preceded him and I was planning on sending some work his way on future restorations. As a fellow motorcycle rider for over 30 years, Godspeed. I'm sure he went out doing what he loved the most.

#308 7 years ago
    Quoted from darkryder:

Wow, very sad news. I never met Mike, but his reputation preceded him and I was planning on sending some work his way on future restorations. As a fellow motorcycle rider for over 30 years, Godspeed. I'm sure he went out doing what he loved the most.

He left us doing what he loved. I'm sure he would not have it any other way. I have continued Mike's business with his family and at their wishes. Would be honored to help you with your parts.
    [email protected]
    615-598-0024
    www.pinballplating.com

3 weeks later
    #309 7 years ago
    Quoted from sc93cobra:

He left us doing what he loved. I'm sure he would not have it any other way. I have continued Mike's business with his family and at their wishes. Would be honored to help you with your parts.
    [email protected]
    615-598-0024
    http://www.pinballplating.com

Wow, I'm just getting into this hobby, but after reading this thread I just felt like I had to say something.
    My Dad rode all his life. He suffered many accidents, two of them so severe they didn't think he'd make it. And even after that he kept going. Reading this reminded me of my Dad so much! Riding really burns deep in the veins of these guys! Nothing can make them stop. My dad said the same thing as Mike, that he'd rather die on his bike.
    What an incredible guy, who clearly touched so many lives in the world of Pinball and beyond!
    Thanks for sharing with us, and thanks to everyone in this thread, because I believe the best way of honoring someone's memory is to tell your stories and spread their legacy.
    With such touching tributes to Mike filling this thread, even people like myself who are about as knowledgeable as a newborn fawn, get a wonderful picture of the stand up guy Mike was.
    Condolences to his family, I hope someone is giving them copies of all the wonderful posts in this thread!

P.S. Great on you, Chris, for continuing such a legacy! It's like another death all over when we lose someone AND their life's work/business ends with them. I'm really happy to see it keep on. I'll keep it in mind should I ever need the services!

There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mike-chestnut-from-his-family-1/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.