(Topic ID: 159037)

Mike Chestnut... From his family.

By sc93cobra

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6305_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6303_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6304_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6311_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6306_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6310_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6312_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6313_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6314_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6315_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6316_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6216_(resized).JPG
    There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #202 7 years ago

Hey guys, sorry about the email thing. I had a web developer friend working on my site last night, he took my real site live and that did something to my email I guess, totally not my thing, lol. I had no idea till I woke up this morning. He's supposed to have it fixed today.
    And yes, I did email everyone in the middle of the night about their orders. Things are hopefully moving forward.
    If you really need me call my cell listed below.
    Thanks again for your patience!!
    Chris
    615-598-0024

#203 7 years ago
    Quoted from sc93cobra:

Hey guys, sorry about the email thing. I had a web developer friend working on my site last night, he took my real site live and that did something to my email I guess, totally not my thing, lol. I had no idea till I woke up this morning. He's supposed to have it fixed today.
    And yes, I did email everyone in the middle of the night about their orders. Things are hopefully moving forward.
    If you really need me call my cell listed below.
    Thanks again for your patience!!
    Chris
    615-598-0024

Oh the late emails don't bother me at all. Call, text or email me whenever you want. I am up all the time and even if I'm not, no big deal. I got two emails that were almost identical except for a few words and then my responses were getting returned. I stupidly worried you had been hacked or something. I sent you a text. Instead of calling and bothering you, I'll just talk to you when you have more information. Thanks Chris.

#204 7 years ago

Thanks, yeah, I guess that was because of what he was doing? I dunno. I'm getting old enough now I just want these dumb things to work, is that too much to ask? lol

#205 7 years ago

AND... My email is back up. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.

#206 7 years ago

Sad news.... My condolences to his family.

#207 7 years ago

I'm just getting back onto Pinside after a couple weeks. This is tragic news. So sorry to hear of Mike's passing.
    Here's late but very meaningful condolences to Mike and his family.

#208 7 years ago

I haven't been on Pinside for a few weeks and was shocked to see this. RIP Mike Chestnut. My condolences to his family and friends.

#209 7 years ago

Every time I play my brass-trimmed IJ, I think of Mike now.

I'm not sure that feeling will ever pass, but I'm sure he'd rather I just enjoy his work with a smile. It's tough to do, though...

#210 7 years ago

I gave my condolences early in this thread and was hoping to learn more about Mike (who I did not know personally) from this thread. I am sure guys that know him personally or from Tennessee say that Mike died loving what he loved doing the most which was riding. I was just curious and I hope this question is not inappropriate(forgive me if it is), was Mike's accident the result of just him solo doing his thing or was there another vehicle involved like someone cutting him off. I am not a rider, always wanted to take up riding, no more because of my wife and kids won't let me. I have known a couple of people in my life time that have either got hurt or died from riding, some from their fault, some not. It was great to finally see a picture of Mike. To put a face with the name. Makes you reflect. On a much lighter note, is there any pictures of Mike's game room or collection? Again to Mike's family, you are in my prayers.....

#211 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigchief99:

I gave my condolences early in this thread and was hoping to learn more about Mike (who I did not know personally) from this thread. I am sure guys that know him personally or from Tennessee say that Mike died loving what he loved doing the most which was riding. I was just curious and I hope this question is not inappropriate(forgive me if it is), was Mike's accident the result of just him solo doing his thing or was there another vehicle involved like someone cutting him off. I am not a rider, always wanted to take up riding, no more because of my wife and kids won't let me. I have known a couple of people in my life time that have either got hurt or died from riding, some from their fault, some not. It was great to finally see a picture of Mike. To put a face with the name. Makes you reflect. On a much lighter note, is there any pictures of Mike's game room or collection? Again to Mike's family, you are in my prayers.....

Mike's accident was wildlife related. He was driving by himself that day and did not suffer from what I know about the accident. Mike drove crazy fast at times but was also very cautious around traffic, in town, or around other people. He drove fast in isolated areas that he knew like the back of his hand.

#212 7 years ago

Appreciate the response...never know what is going to take you out.....

#213 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Mike drove crazy fast at times but was also very cautious around traffic, in town, or around other people. He drove fast in isolated areas that he knew like the back of his hand.

People often think bikers are the opposite, so it is good to see this written here.

Again my thoughts are with Mike's family. I was revisiting some of the threads with his work, specifically the Fathom restore thread from PMD where most the metal parts were sent to Mike. His work was immaculate. I wish I held those kind of standards to myself.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%E2%80%93-fathom-restoration-let-the-spending-begin

#214 7 years ago

Condolences to his family and dear friends.
    He will be missed but still loved.

Bram

#215 7 years ago

RIP Mike
    05_White_Water_(resized).jpg05_White_Water_(resized).jpg

#216 7 years ago

Never had to deal directly with Mike, but I know he gold plated all the ramps of my Indy to perfection.
    His name was unanimously known for the quality of his work. He will be a huge loss for the community.

All my thought to his family. RIP Mike.

#217 7 years ago
    Quoted from sc93cobra:

We will also be talking about if they would like to keep this aspect of his plating business going. As I have shared with many others, we are prepared to help them do this if they wish to do so and it still benefit the family monetarily, which I think Mike would have loved. This would be using Mike's guys and contacts and so forth. I will not recommend to them that we do unless it's known for sure that we can do it with the same integrity and quality that Mike did it.

Good to hear. if this gets worked out I'd love to have work done to the benefit of the Chestnut family.

#218 7 years ago

I have deleted the post that was here. It makes me sick that I posted it. I'm deeply sorry. I hope it's ok that I did this. I don't spend much time on the forums and I'm sure it's probably frowned on by some to take one down, but I it's not fair in my opinion to anyone else that it mentioned for it to stay up. I am truly sorry. Especially to Ron (a fellow pinsider), I am very sorry for the post that was here.

Mike's parents hope to see his business continue on and plan to see that through. I should have left it at that.

Please accept my apology. I really just want to help the family.
    Today, I'm reminded that some days I suck at life and why I need Jesus so badly.

#219 7 years ago

Thanks for the update Chris.

#220 7 years ago

Dude. I thought this was a condolence thread. Maybe you could start another thread for this garbage.

Read Ron's thread. There is no misrepresentation of anything. Mike is dead and it's awful. But there is a large void now that he used to fill. You are leaving out lots of details and the other side of the story here and it's sad. Seems you left out that Ron just so happens to have a relationship dating back MANY years with the business that he is now working with to do the plating. He made no claim to be Mike or Mike's business. The only person throwing around carrying on "Mike's business" is you. It saddens me that you have started this nonsense in this thread.

This whole thing also contradicts some things others have told me from "first hand" conversation with the Chestnut family.

Did you call Ron and talk to him about this (Matthew 18:15)? Seems that would have been the first step before trying to make him look bad to the entire Pinside community. He is an upstanding guy with integrity. He has been upfront and gracious with the family and has in no way misrepresented what he is doing. I am positive that I am not the only person who finds this ridiculous.

Why all the drama? I'm pretty sure this is simply a case of good old fashioned mud slinging.

Please out of respect for Mike's family start another thread.

#221 7 years ago

The thread here was to share things from the family, which I was doing here. I really don't want drama. Ron seems like a good guy and I really do wish him well in his endeavors, that's not empty talk. I had it written without a name at all at first and it just seemed childish to not just talk about it and try to be kind at the same time. I was sharing above what I have had to deal with through this and it's been terrible, mostly to watch Mike's parents have to deal with it all. And I honestly (this is me confessing) may be a little dramatic from being emotional, I'm talking with the family about every other day right now. Talked to them both today. It's hard and still not an excuse if I crossed any lines, but it's obvious to me with the six or so people I've had to explain all this too on the phone and about a dozen or more in email or messages here on, they felt led something here. I said I was clearing the air and trying to share what his dad wanted. His dad asked that I clarify the things above. His dad knows I have done my best to not say anything specific about Ron or anyone else, we've talked about that, and I didn't want to either. But felt forced to do so after the post tonight where he said the family would not be carrying on with the biz and made it sound like his dad was saying that. You may have not seen that and that's ok. I'm just trying to help protect the family. I will here and now apologize to Ron or anyone else if I offended you with the earlier post or if I have been out of line in any way. I'll take mine and be sincerely sorry for it. I hated writing the post. I hated talking to his dad about it the first time and again tonight, but I got specific with the questions I asked and what he wanted shared. If you are close to his parents then in encourage you to reach out to them in a few weeks when things settle down and ask for yourself. I do appreciate your honesty as much as I may not want to hear it. I've been emotional, angry and everything in between over some of this. Some of that not at a person, just the situation. I don't want to be and I don't want it to be an excuse. I have a lot going on in life outside of all this. It's probably all catching up to me. I'm sorry if it is and it's not an excuse. And you are right, maybe I should have gone to him first. I thought about it, but landed on the fact that I still had to address it here where it's all being talked about. I may have gone too far with some of it, I probably shouldn't have. Ron and anyone else, I'm sorry if I did.

Update: I took the post down as you can see, I hope that is ok and at least will keep anyone else from reading it. I am very sorry.

#222 7 years ago

As I reside in Australia I did not know or know of Mike Chestnut until his unfortunate passing. From posts on this thread it is clear Mike was one exceptional human being. I have been moved by the many stories attesting to the role model nature of this man. I extend my deepest sympathy to Mikes' family, friends & customers.
    But it seems so unfortunate that this thread which has been so kind to the memory of Mike has now degenerated to recent posts. I am sure Mike would not want this or deserve it.
    Irrespective of the stature of those involved & the so called need 'to fill a void' I find it absolutely unconscionable & cruel on this site & RGP that within literally days of Mikes' passing people are canvassing plans to assume Mikes' business model.

#223 7 years ago

I just learned of Mike's passing. He was a gentleman and a pleasure to deal with, my best thoughts are with his family.

#224 7 years ago

Thought I would share a pic of the IJ I picked up in 2009 at Mike's house to restore. He let me walk around the house and "shop" for parts to complete the restoration. Game turned out beautiful and all the plating was done by Mike.

Scott

297_(resized).JPG297_(resized).JPG

#226 7 years ago

I just realized who Mike was. He did some chrome plating on my Whitewater back in 2013. My condolences. Very sad news indeed.

1463795905477-1281436309_(resized).jpg1463795905477-1281436309_(resized).jpg

#227 7 years ago

And he did some great work on things "other than pins". The coin plates on Donkey Kong were spectacular. Thank you MIKE!!

DSCF5293_(resized).JPGDSCF5293_(resized).JPG

#228 7 years ago

Any updates Chris? Have any of the outstanding orders been filled?

#229 7 years ago

Here is a 1939 Mills Chrome Bell that Mike beautifully restored for me a few years ago.

Rest in peace,Mike.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#230 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Any updates Chris? Have any of the outstanding orders been filled?

I'm still waiting nervously on my existing order.

No word from Chris yet.

#231 7 years ago

A week before his passing, Mike told me my order was just about done. He needed to reassemble my supercharger, put the coin doors back together and put some ramp flaps on my ramps and I'd be good to go.

The plater and whoever else has been back at it for a while now. Just wondering if a timeline was known now for me or others.

#232 7 years ago

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Michael-Chestnut&lc=4880&pid=179897999&mid=6917866

In Memory of
    Michael Lee Chestnut
    January 14, 1964 - May 3, 2016
    Obituary

Mike Chestnut born January 14, 1964, passed to eternal rest May 3, 2016.

Michael Chestnut was born and raised in central Pennsylvania. His parents were Lee and Beverly Chestnut. His childhood years were spent in the country, and he loved to spend time down by the creek looking for reptiles to keep as pets. He graduated from Cumberland Valley High School in 1981.

After Honorable service in the Air Force Mike joined his parents and brother in Los Angeles, California.
    Mike worked at American Airlines for 13 years as a mechanic. After he purchased a Kawasaki 750 Turbo he started a business focused on this particular motorcycle. He developed parts and procedures to increase the performance and helped hundreds of people around the world to modify and maintain the 750 Turbo for over 25 years.

In 1999 he quit his job at the airlines because his motorcycle business was growing, and decided to move to Tennessee where he purchased a house on the lake, and built his dream garage.

Mike had a love for pinball machines from his childhood, and when he built the garage he included a game room. After purchasing a few pinball machines, his mechanical talents led to repairs and modifications, and eventually full restorations of pinball machines. This business also grew, and flourished with hundreds more customers. Many were drawn to his high quality chrome and brass plating of the metal pieces and parts of the pinball machines. He was considered the best at pinball game restorations.

Mike's true passion continued to be time spent riding motorcycles throughout the USA. He met up with many friends and joined together on riding adventures throughout the countryside.
    His focus was on Kawasaki motorcycles, and his mechanical talent and knowledge were showcased on the motorcycles he owned, and on the work he performed for others.
    His passion ran so deep, that even suffering physical injuries and constant pain, did not deter him from riding time and time again. To ride was living life to the fullest for Mike.

To everyone who had the privilege to know Mike and benefit from his many talents, we were all enriched by his presence in our lives. He was a hard working man with integrity and attention to detail. Words alone cannot express all that he meant to his family, friends, and customers. May he rest in peace.

A Celebration of Life Service will be held Monday May 9, at Two o'clock in the afternoon at the Forest Lawn Funeral Home Chapel. Interment will follow in the Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends Monday from noon until the hour of the service at the funeral home.

#233 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Michael-Chestnut&lc=4880&pid=179897999&mid=6917866
    In Memory of
    Michael Lee Chestnut
    January 14, 1964 - May 3, 2016
    Obituary
    Mike Chestnut born January 14, 1964, passed to eternal rest May 3, 2016.
    Michael Chestnut was born and raised in central Pennsylvania. His parents were Lee and Beverly Chestnut. His childhood years were spent in the country, and he loved to spend time down by the creek looking for reptiles to keep as pets. He graduated from Cumberland Valley High School in 1981.
    After Honorable service in the Air Force Mike joined his parents and brother in Los Angeles, California.
    Mike worked at American Airlines for 13 years as a mechanic. After he purchased a Kawasaki 750 Turbo he started a business focused on this particular motorcycle. He developed parts and procedures to increase the performance and helped hundreds of people around the world to modify and maintain the 750 Turbo for over 25 years.
    In 1999 he quit his job at the airlines because his motorcycle business was growing, and decided to move to Tennessee where he purchased a house on the lake, and built his dream garage.
    Mike had a love for pinball machines from his childhood, and when he built the garage he included a game room. After purchasing a few pinball machines, his mechanical talents led to repairs and modifications, and eventually full restorations of pinball machines. This business also grew, and flourished with hundreds more customers. Many were drawn to his high quality chrome and brass plating of the metal pieces and parts of the pinball machines. He was considered the best at pinball game restorations.
    Mike's true passion continued to be time spent riding motorcycles throughout the USA. He met up with many friends and joined together on riding adventures throughout the countryside.
    His focus was on Kawasaki motorcycles, and his mechanical talent and knowledge were showcased on the motorcycles he owned, and on the work he performed for others.
    His passion ran so deep, that even suffering physical injuries and constant pain, did not deter him from riding time and time again. To ride was living life to the fullest for Mike.
    To everyone who had the privilege to know Mike and benefit from his many talents, we were all enriched by his presence in our lives. He was a hard working man with integrity and attention to detail. Words alone cannot express all that he meant to his family, friends, and customers. May he rest in peace.
    A Celebration of Life Service will be held Monday May 9, at Two o'clock in the afternoon at the Forest Lawn Funeral Home Chapel. Interment will follow in the Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends Monday from noon until the hour of the service at the funeral home.

Thanks for posting this!

RIP Mike!

#234 7 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm still waiting nervously on my existing order.
    No word from Chris yet.

Anxiously waiting here as well... I'm hoping after the holiday weekend...fingers crossed.

#235 7 years ago

Just saw this and it is heartbreaking. I will always cherish the beautiful work Mike did on the items I have.

#236 7 years ago

Hey everyone,
    Again, let me think everyone for your patience on all of this. I know those of you that have outstanding orders would love to get you your stuff. Believe me, I'd love for you to have it and be past this part of this. I've personally emailed everyone with the last update I have, yes that was over a week ago. If you have an outstanding order (not you just wanted stuff he might have around or you kinda talked about it) and didn't get an email from me, please email me - [email protected]. Or call - I'm the most reachable guy you will find to anxiety here is unnecessary.
    We are still waiting on the plater. Every order that wasn't shipped out before Mike's passing still had at least one piece with the plater - minus what I believe to be two orders and I've talked to both of you about that.

No reason to be anxious. It left Mike's hand to the guy that's been doing this all along for him. He froze up when Mike passed not knowing what to do. Mike's dad has requested he fill all of those orders (and this is before taking any new orders) which he began doing a week ago Tuesday. He was supposed to start back the Thursday before that, as he asked him to continue on that day, but he didn't out of some kind of confusion. Not sure why since his dad did ask, I was there for that phone call. But either way he's working on the stuff and there is a lot of it. Almost 30 orders worth, and as many of you know, many of those orders are large and they vary of all kinds of stuff. He did believe we would start seeing some of this stuff come back by the end of this week - as in tomorrow. But I have no way to know if that will actually happen. We are at his mercy, and therefore you are too.

I've been doing everything I can to keep up with what orders are whose and so forth, adding to Mike's paper trails/boxes/parts by printing the emails you send me. I'm not being paid to do this, I'm just helping his dad because I care for him very much and knew he would not be up to trying to handle this end of this. We really do want all of you to get every single piece that is yours, etc. I get it, I'm a pinhead and Mike did a great deal of work for me too. Just hang with us.

If you don't mind, please keep his parents in your prayers. I talk with them almost every two to three days and it's just hard, as you can imagine. I hate it for them. They struggle to go to Mike's place and deal with things, but do so as it has to be done. These orders are a part of all that pain for them, being over there etc. I mentioned to his dad doing the couple orders I believe to be done and he really just wanted to wait till we had more of them back and "make a day of it." I can't do more than wait.

I promise you all, as soon as I know something I will be emailing you, just as I have before. I may or may not be posting here, just seems like double the work when really I need to talk to each of you individually about your orders anyway. I will have some questions I'm sure on many of the orders so expect that and once we get all of your parts together we will go over final details etc. That being said, if you need me, please call or email as many of you have. Text or whatever. I'm glad to talk or whatever.
    Thanks again for your patience through this. Looking forward to the day you can all post the pics of the work that was done for you as you get these pieces back.

Again: [email protected] or 615-598-0024

#237 7 years ago

Also, on another note... to our local Nashville area guys...

I have begun talking with his dad about when the time comes calling you guys in to help with some things. The biggest of which would probably be moving the games he had over his shop downstairs to be dealt with. Still a good ways off, but it will happen and when it does we'll definitely need the help. I've moved several games down those stairs and it's not fun.

Just wanted you to know that all the offers of help you've thrown out there have not fallen on deaf ears. It's just going to be a process of dealing with orders first, then other stuff in the shop, then beginning to think about all of that stuff/games. When the time comes I will post here and on the Nashville Pinball and Arcade Facebook page. Thanks to all of you who have asked. I believe when the time comes it will be a fun time together of working but also remembering our friend.

#238 7 years ago

This is such sad news. I have only sent things to Mike for plating a couple times, but as others have mentioned he sent the pieces back to me asking me to make sure I was satisfied with them before I paid. There are few people that would do that today.
    My prayers go to his family and friends. RIP Mike.

#239 7 years ago

Went to Mike's place today for a little while with his dad. Hoped to get a couple of orders out but they are all missing something still at the plater. Mr Chestnut talked to them yesterday and they said they planned to have stuff ready this coming week. I don't know if that means everything, but at least something.

Want to answer a few questions below to help everyone be on the same page about outstanding orders:

Who will get orders first as things come back from plating?
    We will process orders as we have the pieces to do them. There is no order to how we will get the stuff, nor do we have control over what they do or what we get first. I just want to send it as fast as we can get our hands on it. I'm prepared to work many hours to get this done, and will do so into the night if Mr Chestnut will allow me to stay there and do so. Please understand, I'm a friend helping here, not an employee. I have two other full time jobs, I'm married and I have 5 kids ages 10 and under with one on the way. This is a big undertaking for anyone, but it's a big deal for me to try to stay on top of this. Please be patient.

How much is pricing? How much do I owe?
    I just picked up invoices from Mike's for orders he shipped out over the last 2 years or so. I will set the pricing according to what I see him charging. You will be paying Mr Chestnut directly on everything after I figure out pricing on everything. I will be talking with every one of you that has an order outstanding, individually on the phone (preferred) about what is owed.

Can I place a new order?
    At the moment we want to get past all the outstanding orders. Then allow the family to get their bearings on how they want to handle the future of things and go from there. They have a ton to deal with, but we hope to see the biz pick back up at an appropriate time to keep on going with all of your plating needs.

Will it help if I email asking for an update about my order?
    No. It will not. It's just slowing me down to work on other stuff to answer the same emails over and over. I am updating you guys as soon as I'm at a computer to do so, as soon as I know anything different, right here in this thread. If there is something new about your specific order, you will get an email at the very least, and most likely a phone call from me telling you what I know or to begin clarifying anything I need to know from your end.

When will the plater be done?
    We don't know and have no control over it. They said there would be stuff ready to be picked up next week. We hope this is true but do not know if it will be everything that is there or just part of the stuff they have there.

Can you run over to Mike's to check on something real quick for me?
    Probably not. I live 40 minutes away. I am glad to do so when I am going over there to work on orders and such though.

Do you need anything else from me?
    If I do not have the following from you and you have an outstanding order, email me those things at [email protected]
    Please do this under the same email if we have already been corresponding. In other words, hit reply to send this stuff, not a new email thread.
    - ALL of your info - name, address, phone number
    - Everything that was in your order - the more specific the better, I want to get everything that is yours back to you and done right.
    - Any email correspondence you had with Mike (Forward them to me)
    - Anything else pertaining to the order I would need to know, anything I might not know about.

I sincerely hope all this helps get folks on the same page. It's been a pleasure talking to many of you on the phone already and can't thank you enough for you kindness toward the family. There's a long road in front of them/us to figure everything out. This whole outstanding orders thing is a heavy burden on his dad. Truth is, he doesn't know where to start with it and he's a bit frustrated we haven't gotten at leas some of the stuff back yet, I am too. We know you guys are as well. We are doing our best to get it figured out but are at the mercy of the shop that does the plating. As soon as I know anything, you will see it here. Thanks again for your patience and reach out if you need me in some way.
    Chris

#240 7 years ago

Not trying to be insensitive, but I thought Mike WAS the plater? Am I missing something?

#241 7 years ago

Good question and not insensitive.
    No, he had a shop that did plating for him. I think a lot of people thought that. He had worked closely with them for years, starting with motorcycle stuff. Pinball plating stuff kind've happened by accident when he did some of his own machines, then friends asked to have him do theirs and so on. I'm sure many think/thought this and it probably is why some are not fully understanding why we are sitting here twiddling our thumbs so to speak. We are at their mercy.

If they will get us at least a good batch of stuff back this week, like they said they would, I'll take a day off work just to try to get it all sorted and worked out with the people waiting for it. Let's hope for that.

#242 7 years ago

How many people are employed at the shop? Just one guy or a whole team?

#243 7 years ago

And once again, thanks Chris for helping us out. It's too bad the actual plater isn't a Pinsider so he/they could chime in with information regarding timelines.

#244 7 years ago

It is a team from what I understand. I know the shop foreman was hurt a little while back, as he was plating stuff for me a few months ago and everything kind've stopped then because of that. I do know he got back to work though too.

I really am glad to help. This family means a lot to me. Mike's dad has become a good friend of mine. All of this has brought us even closer. I really just want to see this part though to take the burden off of them so they can move forward with dealing with everything else. There's a lot for them to figure out. After the orders, then many other things, then I'm sure they will look back to the biz Mike had and go from there. Hard when things like this happen in life and you don't expect it. You have to make sense of everything they had going. Not easy to do.

#245 7 years ago

Yea I remember Mike emailing me about his shop foreman getting his hand tore up pretty good.

I'm glad to hear he is back to work and ok.

#246 7 years ago

Just got this email today from Mike's dad:

"I talked to the plating company yesterday and was told “the order is in the process” but no sure date when the order will be done, they will call when done??"

That's what I've got. Sorry there's not more.

#247 7 years ago

Thanks Chris,

Just don't understand how Ron can crank out piece after piece using the same shop and guys and nothing of ours can get done.

#248 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks Chris,
    Just don't understand how Ron can crank out piece after piece using the same shop and guys and nothing of ours can get done.

I can't understand this either.

#249 7 years ago

If that is true then it's a great question, he says in his thread he's using the same shop Mike used.... I would think they would bend over backwards to help Mike's dad considering all of the work he's done with them for many, many years. I'm open to answers if anyone has them.

#250 7 years ago

And to be clear, everything was taken there by Mike himself before he passed, not myself or Mike's dad. We are at their mercy to finish the stuff and asked them to do so and help fill everyone's orders as they were initially asked to do by Mike.

There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mike-chestnut-from-his-family-1/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.