3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 309 posts
  • 194 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Isochronic_Frost
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 71 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6305_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6303_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6304_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6311_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6306_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6310_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6312_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6313_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6314_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6315_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6316_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6216_(resized).JPG

There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 3 years ago

My condolences go out to the family. He will be missed.

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

For those that never got to visit his place - he also had a killer collection that I was lucky to see. I was glad he didn't ask me to play, I would have been afraid to put fingerprints on the games. Very awesome guy that always did top notch work.
    Scott

Mike had invited me to his place in July when my wife and I Will be in Nashville.

I was so looking forward to it.

#103 3 years ago

Literally just saw this, and I'm overwhelmed w sadness...just got my final pieces for my WCS from him about 2 weeks ago, and we had regular conversation over that period, the last being " I appreciate your business, and let me know if I can do anything else for you".

He shipped my order before my check to him hit the mail.....the guy was an amazing class act. Can't express how much our hobby ( and me) will miss this true legend. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family......wow...just wow....at least he can ride safe in a better place now. Whew...gotta be grateful for everyday we have...a surreal post for me. Speechless....

#104 3 years ago

Needless to say, that machine is officially priceless to me now...a part of him lives through it......

#105 3 years ago

Wow, what a huge loss for all of us. My sincere condolences and best wishes to Mikes family and friends.

Mike will ride eternal, shiny and CHROME, all the way to the gates of Valhalla!!!!

My heartfelt thanks for all Mike has done for the community and myself.

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Wow, what a huge loss for all of us. My sincere condolences and best wishes to Mikes family and friends.
    Mike will ride eternal, shiny and CHROME, all the way to the gates of Valhalla!!!!
    My heartfelt thanks for all Mike has done for the community and myself.

VERY well said. Thanks for writing that.

#107 3 years ago

Damn. I never had the privilege to meet Mike, but my heart and the entire pinball community will mourn for him. Rest in piece, friend.

#108 3 years ago

He was a perfectionist that elevated his craft. Truly a tragic loss.

#109 3 years ago

RIP Mike. One of the biggest assets to the restoration community ever and a great guy to boot. I will miss my politics discussions with Mike and miss seeing him at the shows.

#110 3 years ago

My condolences to Mike's family. Always enjoyed talking with Mike. He'll certainly be missed.
    Wally

#111 3 years ago

Very very sad rip Mike you will be missed !!

#112 3 years ago

I did not know Mike personally but I was a customer and he did fantastic work. I'm sad to hear that he is gone. Based on the posts here, Mike clearly had a large and positive impact on other people, both personally and professionally.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I'm very sorry to hear this. I didn't know him, but knew his name because of his reputation here. I can tell from the outpouring here that he will be greatly missed.

good to see you back, I did not know him either but have heard of him for years, very sad,

#114 3 years ago

Sincere condolences to his family.
    -Riles

#115 3 years ago

As a motorcycle rider, I hate to see things like this. I must admit I am curious as to what happened, and how it happened, I've had friends get killed with cars pulling out in front of them on Sunday rides. It's never easy. You have to have your head on a swivel riding, looking for people not paying attention or worse- texting or on the phone.

Does anyone have a link to the news article?

RIP Mike, you will be missed!

#116 3 years ago

This is horrible news!!! I had been knowing Mike for years! I sold him games, he would sell me games.

I would drive up and play pinball at his house, he would drive down and play pinball at my house. We always had a blast!

I told him that I was looking for a TAFG and he found me one......HUO!!! He delivered it free of charge, helped me set it up....and then kicked my ass in it!!!

Mike would always go above and beyond anything that you ever asked of him!!! If I couldn't make it to a show, I would give Mike my parts list and cash. Mike would always come back with every part on the list and insisted that I take back my change. Who does that???

He was my friend and one of the only true & honest people that I have ever met in this hobby!!!

To say that he will be missed is an understatement!

My deepest condolences to his family!!!!

RIP Mike

#117 3 years ago

RIP Mike , you will be missed

#118 3 years ago

Very sad, Mike did my Indy pistol plunger this past fall. Condolences to the family.

#119 3 years ago

Condolences to Mike's family and friends. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

There are a handful of people in the hobby whose names are instantly associated with quality. Mike was one of them and he will be missed.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#120 3 years ago

Sorry, to hear this news. After all this years talking to him. I finally meet him at the TPF. We talked about some parts and he said send them...Very nice guy...My prayers go out to his family. May Gods hand help the healing process. He will be missed by many. So glad I got to meet him face to face at least once. Chris, sent an email about my parts, but I really hated too. It's such bad timing.

#121 3 years ago

I'm just stunned. Not in the manner- that was Mike on a bike and like many I cringed at his stories being a long time rider myself. But just the suddenness and immediate impact of the loss. I feel terribly sad for his family. My prayers for God's peace upon them.

#122 3 years ago

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

#123 3 years ago

Got a text a few hours ago about this.
    I'm truly shook.
    Just talked to my good friend Sunday for 45 minutes, and this doesn't seem possible.
    Tellin me about his new bike and all the places he had been riding to lately.
    How many hours he had been working lately w the Chroming. (tons)
    He was going to go on a riding trip w a buddy in august, and they were going to stop by on the way.
    Was going to pick up a game in a couple months from his house and hang for the weekend.

Mikes enthusiasm was infectious, and he was one of the most real people i have ever met.
    He was old school, and took care of business w super pride and perfectionism.
    He was pretty banged up from previous wrecks, (wont go into detail), but the dude did more
    in a work day than most perfectly healthy people do in several weeks. He was happy though,
    doing what he loved. Riding and working his ass off - creating for people, basically in a word "fun".

this quote made me laugh so hard cause this is exactly him and i can hear him saying it

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Mike did work for me in the past, as he has for many people on here. When I was at TPF, I annoyed Bryan Kelly and Kerry Stair so that they could point him out for me. When I met him, I thanked him for the incredible work he did for me...and I'm glad I was able to do that. He told me he didn't wear his nametag at the show because people would talk to him while taking a piss in the bathroom and start asking him to do work for them while he was trying to finish his business.

He had 100s of stories that would blow your mind.

The world just got a little dimmer, less fun, and a little more wussy.

We will miss you Mike.

#124 3 years ago

Really fuckibg sad to hear this
    He was a great person

RIP

#125 3 years ago

I am deeply sorry for Mikes friends and family. I never met Mike but talked to him many times about his work and what his opinions were on chroming, plating, certain games. He was always patient with me and took pride in our conversations. I'm proud to have his work displayed on my LOTR.
    May you rest in peace Mike.

#126 3 years ago

Rest In Peace Mike....thanks for contributing your greatness to our hobby... you will be missed..

Greatly

-Joe

#127 3 years ago

Damn. Just... damn.

#128 3 years ago

Mike helped me with several of my games over the past year. I'm relatively new to this hobby and very fortunate to have gotten to know Mike. So sad to hear this news today. Hard to believe. Was at his place picking up some parts and looking at his new bike just over a week ago. Mike did such high quality work and was a man of integrity. Few of those around today. Every time I went to his place or had the chance to talk to him just spent the whole time picking his brain about stuff. What a great guy. Huge loss to all of us. I don't know his family personally, but Mike's life speaks volumes about the quality people that they must be.

I will be praying for you during this time of loss.

Travis

#129 3 years ago

This is terrible news. My sincere condolences to Mike's family.

While I didn't know Mike personally, a quick search here on Pinside reveals tons of amazing work. He definitely made a lasting impact and his memory lives on in many beatifully restored games!

#132 3 years ago

I never knew Mike but what sad news this is for the community. Condolences to Mike's family and friends.

#133 3 years ago

Never knew Mike personally, but his work spoke for itself...Absolute perfection. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Mike

#134 3 years ago

I had the pleasure of meeting Mike for the first time a week prior to TPF. I had business in Tennessee that week and so I arranged to bring some lock bars to him directly after I landed in Nashville Sunday evening. I got to his home at 7pm and lost track of time listening to his stories and seeing his collection (Indy 500 was his favorite). To hear him talk about riding his bike in the back roads of Kentucky at 170 mph made me feel like I lead a rather risk free life. Needless to say, Mike was great to talk to and easy to become friends with. He was eager to help with issues I had with my machines and encouraged me to call him anytime I needed advice. I received the replated lock bars just the other week (LOTR-brass, TAF & TZ - chrome) and they really made the machines pop and for me to realize new rails were next.
    Mike will be missed.

#135 3 years ago

Rest in peace and keep on riding Mike!

Never met the man but he obviously touched all of our lives with his amazing work.
    Sounds like he went out just how he would have wanted and sounds like he lived a full life while he was here. What more can we all ask for. Cheers Brother Mike!

If anyone is going to take over plating to carry on his legacy then please let us know. I would happily kick in to help someone get things off the ground and started in properly carrying on with the void in our small world. Hopefully his knowledge has been passed on to a proper apprentice/friend so he can continue to live on forever.

#136 3 years ago

Great man to work with. Ironic.....last night I was working on my IJ. Mike did all of the metal work on it. It looks awesome. He was so good at his craft. We did every bolt on that thing. He was so cool to talk to when working on this project. We lost a good one RIP Mike.

#137 3 years ago

I never met Mike, but the photos of his work are incredible, and the stories being shared show that he was a wonderful person too. My condolences to his family and friends at this terrible loss.

#138 3 years ago

Very Sad news. RIP

#139 3 years ago

I recently bought Chrome side rails and a lock down bar from Mike. Truly sorry to hear this news. I feel for his friends and family.
    Allen

#140 3 years ago

I never had any dealings with him, but when I bought my DM it had handles that he had re-chromed. They look beautiful.

Rest in Peace.

#141 3 years ago

I didnt know him but this outpouring of love for him is a testament to his great contribution to the pinball community. I wish I had the opportunity to have him do work for me so his legacy would live on in one of my games.
    Condolences to his family and friends.

#142 3 years ago

Dammit. Another good one moving on to bigger and better things. Thank you for everything you've done for us all Mikey.

I miss you already Bro.

#143 3 years ago

I expect to hear from his parents today about arrangements on any kind of service. I will keep everyone posted when I know for sure what's going on with all that.

Also, I have received info on MANY, MANY orders he had outstanding. More than I would have guessed. To be clear, I didn't work for Mike, I'm just a friend who also has a side biz in this hobby and I am helping his family begin to think through this stuff. Mike worked alone for the most part, so WHEN his parents are ready to begin to deal with all of this stuff, then we will begin the process of trying to figure it all out. I want to do right be them, that's what I'm most concerned about. Secondly, is caring for the folks that trusted in Mike with their parts the way Mike would do so.

Please hang with us as I assume it's going to take some serious time to figure it all out, but I want to help get folks taken care of. When you do email me with anything, include actual emails (forward if needed) of agreed on items/prices, that will be helpful and I am filing all that stuff away for the moment we begin going through things.

My email again for outstanding orders is: chris@hotrodarcade.com

Thank you to everyone for your kind words, I will be sharing these things with his parents. This has been really hard on them, they are at a total loss as Mike was their world. He was their only child and never married and never had kids. He's it for them. I've not talked to his dad once since where tears were not involved. Keep them in your prayers, they are sweet people who are hurting badly.

#144 3 years ago

The last thing his family and friends should be worrying about is outstanding orders. Take care of his family as best you can, and worry about that stuff later. My sincerest condolences to all of his friends and family. He did wonderful things for this hobby.

#145 3 years ago

I never met Mike in person but had him replate some items for me and he was one of the friendliest people I've ever dealt with in pinball and did such amazing work. He sent me the parts back looking better than new and only after he knew I was happy did he ask me to send him a check. I had always hoped to run into him someday at someplace like Expo so I could tell him in person how great his work was and how much I appreciated what he did as I didn't think the emails I sent saying that did enough justice to what a pleasant experience it was dealing with him and how great the results were.

My condolences go out to his family and friends. He was a true asset to pinball and a true asset to the world based on the posts in this thread by those who knew him in person.

#146 3 years ago

I was very sad to hear the news yesterday. Mike was a true friend who, in my limited experience, would rather give that receive. He just just finished an Indianapolis 500 for me (his favorite game) and it reflects his amazing talents. His passion for anything pinball or with two wheels was evident and his collection contained the very best of both. He will be missed very much.

My thoughts and prayers are with his folks.

We love you Mike.

#147 3 years ago

Sounds like Mike lived his life without regret, & more importantly without fear. His life was cut short, but he Lived everyday as it was his last.
    R.I.P. Mike. God Bless.

#148 3 years ago

Like many of other Pinsiders, I had never met Mike in person, but talked to him numerous times on the phone regarding plating work. I was always shocked when he quoted me a price, not because it was high, but because it was always a lot lower than I thought it should be. I mentioned this to Mike and he said it was his way of giving back to the pinball community. As others have mentioned, rest in peace Mike.

#149 3 years ago

Started reading about this yesterday.. Just takes the wind out of your sails. So sad. So sorry for your loss.

#150 3 years ago

Ugh man, I never met him but knew his work. Also lost one of my groomsmen to a cycle wreck in the past year so feeling this immensely. Sending all the love and support I've got, so very sorry for the loss. Remember the good!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 174.99
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 219.00
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 18.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 209.99
    There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside