(Topic ID: 159037)

Mike Chestnut... From his family.

By sc93cobra

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6305_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6303_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6304_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6311_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6306_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6310_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6312_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6313_(resized).jpg
    IMG_6314_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6315_(resized).JPG
    IMG_6316_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_6216_(resized).JPG
    There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 7 years ago

Huge loss to the community. RIP.

#52 7 years ago

Just received an order from UPS today from Mike.Such a shock.My Prayers are with the family .

#53 7 years ago

Man what a loss Mike was a great guy and truely will be missed . I've had the pleasure of having several pieces of the games I shopped by Mike plated and his work was stunning ! RIP my friend

#54 7 years ago

Condolences. He will be missed.

#55 7 years ago

wow, just don't know when your time is up. Sorry to hear this, truly a loss to the community.

God's Blessings to the family.

#56 7 years ago

Terrible news. So sorry for friends and family. I never had any work done from Mike but I know he was respected and did quality work !

#57 7 years ago

Rest in peace Mike.
    My condolences to the family.

#58 7 years ago

My sympathies to the Chestnut family...

#59 7 years ago

FUCKING LAME! Mike had done every side rail for every WMS/BALLY game I had ever owned. God Speed Mike

#60 7 years ago

My condolences go out to his family and friends. Mike was a real pleasure
    to work with last year when I had work done to one of my machines.
    His work was top notch.

#61 7 years ago

Terrible news. Sincere condolences to the family.

#62 7 years ago

I have never met/spoken/done business with Mike, but seeing he's mentioned at least once in half the threads on Pinside, I can see he truly outdid anyone for this community. Rest in peace, Mike.

#63 7 years ago

I'm speechless.

#64 7 years ago

Fucking speechless.

#66 7 years ago

Shocked to hear this. Major loss to the community. Had so many things plated by him I can't even remember all of them.
    My TZ was the last thing I had done by him about 6 months ago.
    We'll miss you buddy.

#67 7 years ago

Mike was the best. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

#68 7 years ago

Mike Chestnut is a "household name" in pinball. His legacy will live on for many years through the work he has done. He is everywhere....

#69 7 years ago

If it was not for Mike and his father the majority of the stuff we learned from his work on pinball and acquiring the many machines we have and knowledge would not be a reality and we would not be able to have as many games for play at Game Galaxy without him.

He has shopped out my White Water, Addams Family, Theatre of Magic, No Fear (since sold, but still local), Indiana Jones, and fixed numerous others, including his infamous "throw them in the lake" games if he can't fix them or they are taking up the room in his garage. I have known Mike for many many years and I speak to his father who helps with our stuff at least twice a week. I can't even imagine losing a child and I hope his parents can make it through this traumatic time.

#70 7 years ago

This is the worst. I feel for his family and the entire community, pinball got a little duller today.

#71 7 years ago

Best wishes to the family. This is sad to hear. God bless.

#72 7 years ago

Gut wrenching to learn about. My condolences.

Is anyone who was a close friend doing a collection for his family? Appropriate time for pinside to give back as a community.

#73 7 years ago

Very sad to hear this. Prayers go out to his family. I have a tube of chrome for my current project waiting for me at home that sent me last year. I haven't opened it yet. It will mean a lot more when I install it.

#74 7 years ago

Sad news...RIP Mike.

#75 7 years ago

That sucks. What a huge loss to the community.

#76 7 years ago

Condolences to his family. Never met him in person but I have his work on a few of my games.

Very big loss to the community his work was amazing

#77 7 years ago

Condolences to this family and to the entire community, this is a huge loss for all of us.

#78 7 years ago

I was lucky enough to finally meet Mike at TPF in March. His reputation as being one of the best in the business is completely true - just a super nice guy to talk to. He did beautiful work and was always very humble.

So sad.

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I was lucky enough to finally meet Mike at TPF in March. His reputation as being one of the best in the business is completely true - just a super nice guy to talk to. He did beautiful work and was always very humble.
    So sad.

Damon, your Creature and so many other games look like they do because of Mike. I've been doing business with Mike for years. Never a complaint. Never.

I don't know what I'm feeling right now, but I won't be able to look at a pinball machine from here on in, without thinking of him.

Mike, you were the BEST!!

#80 7 years ago

I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Mike in person, but we had been talking for the past couple weeks about a project I wanted to do. Super nice guy.

RIP Mike.

#81 7 years ago

RIP.

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

If it was not for Mike and his father the majority of the stuff we learned from his work on pinball and acquiring the many machines we have and knowledge would not be a reality and we would not be able to have as many games for play at Game Galaxy without him.
    He has shopped out my White Water, Addams Family, Theatre of Magic, No Fear (since sold, but still local), Indiana Jones, and fixed numerous others, including his infamous "throw them in the lake" games if he can't fix them or they are taking up the room in his garage. I have known Mike for many many years and I speak to his father who helps with our stuff at least twice a week. I can't even imagine losing a child and I hope his parents can make it through this traumatic time.

Very sad day today. He will be greatly missed. If you wanted the best, Mike Chestnut was the best in refurbishing pinball machines. We were very lucky to have him in Tennessee.

#83 7 years ago

Never had any dealings with Mike, but RIP. Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends. I haven't had the opportunity to ride in a number of years, but i know the lure of the 2 wheels.

#84 7 years ago

RIP Mike and our thoughts are with his family.

Wonderful man that will be missed.

#85 7 years ago

It was such a pleasure working with Mike. It breaks my heart to know he is gone.

My thoughts go out to his family during this difficult time.

#86 7 years ago

I did not know him but I did pick up on the fact that he was universally liked and respected. RIP Mike Chestnut.

#87 7 years ago

Mike was a good Friend. I will miss him terribly!!! Prayers for the family and loved ones. Wow. I'm just stunned.

Go with GOD Mike !

#88 7 years ago

Condolences to Mike's family. Great guy, he plated several ramps for us - always perfect.
    RIP Mike, you will be missed and remembered.

#89 7 years ago

This is a terrible loss for all. What a great person Mike was with such a talent in plating and supporting pinball.
    Such a tragedy, my thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family....this is a sad day

#90 7 years ago

Never met him, his work was by far the best I've seen. He will be missed.

#91 7 years ago

I am so shocked and saddened to hear of Mike's death. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. His passing is a huge loss to the entire pinball community.

He was an incredible artist at the pinnacle of his craft and although he is gone -- the rich legacy of his work will endure -- he will not be forgotten.

Rest in peace Mike - I can't help thinking God must have needed a hand restoring his pearly gates.

#92 7 years ago

For those that never got to visit his place - he also had a killer collection that I was lucky to see. I was glad he didn't ask me to play, I would have been afraid to put fingerprints on the games. Very awesome guy that always did top notch work.

Scott

#93 7 years ago

RIP Mike.
    My condolences to his family.

#94 7 years ago

mike is now plating for the man upstairs godspeed buddy

#95 7 years ago

I'm upset. Atleast he never gave up what he loved.

#96 7 years ago

All my games have Mike's work in one way or another. Always a pleasure to deal with him. I never met Mike in person but we had many things in common and talked about a lot about enjoying life. Mike enjoyed life. I'll miss you as a friend the most.

#97 7 years ago

My condolences to his family. Mike was a great guy and my Monster Bash looks awesome because of his work. He will be missed. RIP

#98 7 years ago

Prayers to the family, he will be missed.
    Mike was always helpful, professional and had amazing work.
    One of the most trusting and trustworthy guys in pinball I have had the pleasure of dealing with.
    Class act.

#99 7 years ago

May his family accept blessings.. May the out pouring of support bring them comfort in their time of need.

#100 7 years ago

I'm very sorry to hear this. I didn't know him, but knew his name because of his reputation here. I can tell from the outpouring here that he will be greatly missed.

There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mike-chestnut-from-his-family-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.