Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Lame33
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160916_191317 (resized).jpg
    Floor (resized).jpg
    wall (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lame33.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - wanted

Sell me a pin to put in my office/school - SE Wisconsin area

Added: 2018-09-02 04:01:05 UTC • Ended: September 23rd, 2018

Price

Wanted

TL;DR: looking for an inexpensive, family friendly game to put in a school in Wisconsin. (The rest of the post seems like it was written by a crazy person)

Obviously, I’m not normal. When I see empty spaces, I envision what type of pin needs to be there. It's a curse. I recently relocated my school’s IT department to an old computer lab and now have some surplus space....

Affliction activated and justifications start for acquisition and installation of a pinball machine…. When students and teachers come to visit, they could play… Our science teachers could use it for physics lessons… It would be hundreds of kids first exposure to pinball… It would really tie the room together... and so on. (but really, does anyone around here need an excuse to add another game somewhere?)

Anyway, given the location, I have a few quirky requirements:

Type: It needs to be solid state. Can’t wrap my head meat around EMs. Tried and don’t have the knack for fixing them yet.

Condition: Player’s condition. It’s interesting having an item like this in an office and it won’t be enhanced by having a collector’s quality, imamculate, HUO, NiB masterpiece in the room. The only thing that would do is have me worrying every time someone walks in or I wheel a cart of laptops by the thing. I also don’t have the time and won’t have the tools around for a project game. Therefore, something that works, but has the dents, dings, fading, and planking of time and use (or a new Stern ).

Theme: Needs to be kid friendly. When Sister Mary Francis (not a real person) comes to visit, and sees 12-year-old Billy (also not a real person), slapping the flippers as fast as he can to make Riggs punch a dude in the video mode of lethal weapon 3 (real feature), I’m going to get fired and excommunicated(not a real catholic). Baywatch, Nellie, Deadpool or Raven, probably need not apply either. I need something either old enough that it won’t matter or tame enough to be in a school without objection.

Sound: I’m guessing that I’m going to hear this thing quite a bit. If the sound is ear bleeding awful, the next insanely long nonsensical post you might get to read will be my obituary and the police report about my colleagues.

Price: I would also like to keep it under $2k. Looking for something fun, that works, and that I don’t need worry about every time I leave the room.

Despite the arduously long list of silly requirements, I did not make any specific suggestions about any titles. That was by design to leave it open to possibilities. Let me know what you are looking to move.

BTW: Milwaukee, Madison and Chicago are probably the only markets I can reach this time of year due to my schedule and shipping kills the price.

I had tried to do this earlier in the summer, but the start of school is a particular nightmare for IT and I had to shelf the idea. Things are slowing down and the disease is flaring up again.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Lame33's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Lame33's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Racine, WI, US

#2 5 years ago

Bonus points if you can offer something that matches the floor and wall.

FLOORFLOOR

WallWall

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean: I'd encourage you to not settle for just setting a machine up for flipping, but encouraging students to actually learn with it. There's a lot of opportunity to do so.

That is a fantastic idea and one I would love to pursue in the future. A few years back, when I ran the school's Tech Club, it could have been pulled off, but we merged into a district this year and my overlords now have me running the tech for six schools instead of just one. Unfortunately, the only other person in the building that could even help is a science teacher that just started a Project Lead the Way program and is neck deep in new curriculum.

Definitely something to explore when things normalize.

#11 5 years ago

That looks familiar. Wish the games did too...

This is the brand that I used. For those playing along, Home Depot sells them and they install quick and work well.

https://www.nancefloors.com/commercial-carpet-tile

#13 5 years ago

Unless it was Walden, I'm guessing you are correct and Unified would probably not be as keen on my quirkiness. I do work for a private school in the area.

Just to be clear, I'm using my own money and not looking for any kind of special deals. Only mentioned the school thing as it limits the theme.

Still looking for more offers. Let me know what you've got.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from grandy:

Seems like most any system 11 pin would be a good fit so long as you avoid the ones that run upward of $2k these days.

That is true. Lots of titles fit the need, but not many on the market in this area and price range.
    Then again, I’m doing it backwards.

#16 5 years ago

Had some offers, but still looking.

#17 5 years ago

Weekend bump before I start to cast a wider net.

Who is hording all the system 11 games?

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I have an alien poker that would be less than half your budget, if gambling thing was ok. It is aliens after all....

Thanks for the offer, and gambling may seem innocuous, but since I'm the guy that's blocking gambling with the web filter, it might be a bit hypocritical. Don't want to upset the people that put parochial first in parochial school.

It's a great title for the purpose, but the trick is to find someone that's selling one.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

got any AMD 5000/6000+ chips in there you don't need? geforce 6100 7025 chipsets too. I can pay to go towards your pin!

Sorry, the best I can probably do for you is an Intel Pentium with MMX.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lame33.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/might-be-time-to-put-a-pinball-machine-in-my-office-school?tu=Lame33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.