(Topic ID: 59320)

Might be picking up a Captain Fantastic...need advice!

By PurpleTophat

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pafasa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

Get it Get it Get it!!! As Dirt said, cooler to look at than to play but not bad. Still fun in its own right. Welcome to the world of EM pinball. Tons of patient help here in the EM hangout and no ego driven pissing matches that I have noticed so far. There are no WOZ or METLE EM games that I am aware of!

#13 10 years ago

WHAT??? YOU WOULD EVEN CONSIDER LED'S IN AN EM GAME! WHY NOT JUST CHANGE YOUR NAME TO "LED-IT"????? I AM THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED!!!!

#17 10 years ago

Good luck. Get both. Keep Captain Fantastic! It is a marvelous game. Sell the turd of a game Fireball to me. I'll come and pick it up throw in another set of drop decals for your RCT to sweeten the deal!

1 week later
#23 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Clean out all the mouse crap, nesting, etc, then see if the wires have become mouse food, if so, then you are probably right, the amount of work required is not worth it. You might be surprised though, it might be in more workable condition than you think. Not saying that it's going to reset and run, and it won't be pretty, it could still be a player.

I agree. If the wires are all chewed up (they probably are) don't bother. Way too much work even for a very experienced EM guy. It's not junk though! There are a lot of steppers and motors and score reels and relays etc... They all could be cleaned and be of some use to someone.

Personally, I would be very careful of what diseases you could be putting yourself in contact with. Be careful.

Dane

1 week later
#30 10 years ago

I'm changing my tune a little here. For someone brand new to EM, I think Repairing a chewed wire harness may be too much to handle. I personally think it might be a fun challenge. I guess it depends on how bad it is.

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Repairs should be fun and challenging anyway. If they are not, then those folks who do not feel that way should not be looking at project machines and buy 100% restored Pins to begin with.

^^^^^ I agree with this 100% ^^^^^

2 weeks later
#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Sandals:

I'm new here, but not that far away from you (in Lindenhurst).
I have a well working Captain Fantastic and am fairly schooled in EM repair. If you need a hand, or want to compare wiring in real life vs schematic let me know!

Welcome to pinside! What a great way to start things off. That's what this site is about. Pinheads helping pinheads! Great offer man, I hope things work out and we rescue another EM from the dead.

1 month later
#38 10 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

Hello guys! Just wanted to say that I purchased the mousey Captain Fantastic from PurpleTopHat and I will be de-funkingit and getting it back to being playworthy-
There will be no parting out. There will be no junking it-
There will however be need for dust masks, elbow grease and oodles of meangreen. Not to mention hours and hours of rewiring/ adjusting and replacing rusted components. Just my cup of tea!
Lots of rusted componenets on the main board- I'm thinking mouse urin-
Playfiled shows quite a bit of wear but I'll get it cleaned and buffed and play it as it is-
Backglass is very descent-
I'll post pics soon- as well as photodocument the process. I have six other pinball machines to be repaired but I think this ones makes it to the front of the line....

I just picked up a CF a couple weeks ago. Had schematics inside. I will be scanning them and can forward them to you if you need. PM me with your email if this helps you out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/might-be-picking-up-a-captain-fantasticneed-advice?tu=pafasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.