(Topic ID: 278509)

Midwest Pinball machine transport.

By Pinballsoul

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200903_163634102 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200909_085837109 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Hello
    Mike and Heather here.

We are approaching our retirement years and find ourselves driving to different places in the Midwest quite often and we love pinball and video games.

I have noticed an issue with getting a machine or arcade cab shipped at a reasonable price, so we are offering our services to move your new purchase.

Please send an email or message for a quote.
    Mileage is calculated before the trip so you know the total cost beforehand.

We can accommodate up to 3 EM pins 2 SS or 1 arcade cab.

All games will be padded and shrink wrapped for transport. I would prefer to have them broken down, but I can disassemble most pins for shipping. You will need to make arrangements to have machines in an accessable area for pick up.

Stairs, basements and or excessive handling is extra. $50-$200 additional for basement extractions. Fair warning.

We drive a minivan for extra care of your machines. No banging and bouncing around in a shipping van or semi trailer.

We service Wisconsin/Minnesota/Illinois/Indiana/Michigan/Ohio and Iowa.
    We are fully insured and will give your machines personal attention to insure their safe arrival.

Please feel free to contact me for a booking.
    Include addresses and titles of machines to be moved, and I will give you a price for the shipment. We are based in Wisconsin.

Send questions and requests to [email protected]

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Mike & Heather

IMG_20200903_163634102 (resized).jpgIMG_20200903_163634102 (resized).jpgIMG_20200909_085837109 (resized).jpgIMG_20200909_085837109 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Those cookies look just like the ones that my dear wife makes for me. Mmmmmm. A few of those and a cold glass of milk before bedtime and it's sweet dreams!
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact ... for board repairs
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#3 3 years ago

Are you giving 11 homemade cookies with every game moved??? This could be a selling point. Just saying~~

#4 3 years ago

Keeping in mind for the future!

#5 3 years ago

I transported games for 8 years in a 16' trailer. It could hold between 13 to 20 pins depending on the mix of EM's and SS. Your going to find it's very hard to make money transport 1 to 3 games. My best guess is when you say you are fully insured you really mean self insured. Your van may be insured but the contents being commercially transported will not be thru any regular insurance company. During my 8 years of transporting games I could not find insurance for the games in the trailer. I set aside $50,000 and tried to make sure the value of the games in the trailer never went over that amount. You make the same money for transporting a $1000 EM as a $10,000 game but your exposure is $9000 different. Keeping that exposure below $50,000 was getting harder and harder with newer games getting into the $7000 to $10,000 range. In case you are wondering I charged a flat rate on $280. I wise you luck but suggest you increase the number of games you can transport.

#6 3 years ago

Those are home made wisconsin cookies. I would know them anywhere, my mom makes them. Good luck my wisconsin friend. I will keep you in mind. On wisconsin!

#7 3 years ago

I see your profile is new do you have references?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I see your profile is new do you have references?

I can provide references upon request to a would be customer before services are finalized.

The puppies and kitties never complained (much) about our services.

We recently decided to stop doing live animal transport. Too much time and handling with animals. So pinball machines and arcade cabs are our new choice.
    They say " do something you love, and you'll never WORK a day in your life"

Additionally. We have become aware of our need for commercial insurance, and it makes complete sense to protect your machines and our wallet in case of an accident or damage.

With that said, our per mile rate has gone up.
    $0.45 per mile.

Pin

Added over 4 years ago:

Sorry for the changes again.
    $0.60 per mile is what we found to be more appropriate for what we are doing.

Being completely new to this type of transport, it's a learning process.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mike and Heather
    Replay Pinball Transport

#9 3 years ago

Thanks to fingersport for his inputs.

Always good to have knowledge from the sage.

Pin

#10 3 years ago

Anything I can do to help I will gladly do. If you would like to talk I'm willing to tell you what I learned over the year's. PM me and Ill give you my phone number. I'll also be glad to give you the name of my biggest customer. I transported in the area of 75 games for him. My company was called "Pinballs on the Move". Your service is needed. Sometimes I wish I was still on the road. I loved meeting a lot of great pinheads. Don

1 week later
    #11 3 years ago

Hello all.

Our first venture into transporting pinball machines was a success.

Shad and Courtenay were super to deal with.
    Thank you both for smooth pick ups.
    Andy, our buyer was also a pleasure to work for and i hope we can be of service again.

We learned some things to make our next move easier. Didn't know a SS can weigh up to 400+lbs. (Anyone selling a proven stairway dolly, or can you recommend one?)

Once again, to all those involved ( including the mystery man that found us here and started the ball rolling.) THANK YOU!

Mike and Heather

#12 3 years ago

Hey mike, i have a review for you to let others know how good you were, but i am pretty hammered so i will wait for tomorrow, but do business with them woth confidence.

#13 3 years ago

Ok, so i was mike and heathers first delivery. I will give the best review i can. If you want price, dont go with them. But if you want quality and them treating your games as their own, then yes. They are fantastic. I had them move a gane from minnesota, and a second from chicago area. They did basement removal, packaged them well, and it was white glove service all the way. I am first floor, but on delivery they were willing to inload the games in my basement. I feel the price was more than fair for the miles covered and the service, communicTion was great, and this was my first time shipping games, and they made it easy and a great experience. Ill clean up my spelling tomorrow, but right now i have more elijah craig to drink while playing my new games. Mike and heather, i hope you make it home safely, and anyone wamting to use them, do so with confidence

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Hey mike, i have a review for you to let others know how good you were, but i am pretty hammered so i will wait for tomorrow, but do business with them woth confidence.

That 20 minutes really sobered you up didnt it? Lmao first time you've been hammered around me in months without buying or selling a game,deliveries don't count.

#15 3 years ago

the little bit extra isn't much for the way the games were treated and not have to worry about a fork lift,getting seller to get the game on a truck or to a shipping terminal or some disgruntled worker. And Mike if your going to be making this a full time gig I'd splurge for an escalera stair climbing dolly they're around 2300 but it would of made cake work out of that Gladiators.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

That 20 minutes really sobered you up didnt it? Lmao first time you've been hammered around me in months without buying or selling a game,deliveries don't count.

I bought both of these games from your house while drinking. I think that counts

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

I bought both of these games from your house while drinking. I think that counts

I think both sellers and transport owe me a gift card for getting you drunk

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I think both sellers and transport owe me a gift card for getting you drunk

Which dispensary do you go to?
    Otherwise it's chocolate chip cookies

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-pinball-machine-transport- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.