(Topic ID: 142354)

MidWest Gaming 'RARE' CHALLENGE!

By Whysnow

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_56981.jpg
    MD_2020.jpg
    image.jpg
    PB081879.jpg
    image.jpeg
    whack-a-doodle_doo.jpg
    udderly_tickets.jpg
    Entex-BlackKnightPinballBox.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 8 years ago

The only pinball rarity I own wouldn't work for this challenge, as it is not an actual pinball machine, but it would fit right in with the gaming theme of the whole show.

It's the only boxed example of the Entex Black Knight handheld electronic pinball game known to exist!
    Entex-BlackKnightPinballBox.jpgEntex-BlackKnightPinballBox.jpg

Oh, yeah, I forgot, I also have another rare pinball toy, Parker Brothers' Drac. Two, actually, both boxed, one still sealed!

3 weeks later
    #162 8 years ago

Three weeks ago the rarest pin I had (aside from the BK toy) was my Diamond Plate FunHouse.

Now I suddenly have two rare EMs!

Chicago Coin Fire Cracker, 1963 (one other on Pinside)
    Williams Roto, 1969 (the only one on Pinside!)

I will be happy to bring them as long as I'm not competing against cows or chickens or other non-pinball oddities... (EM/other? Why lump those together?)

Edit - forgot about Bally MiniZag, 1968. Pretty rare too, 6 others on PS. A ways from working, though... I'll bring it too if I get it going!

#166 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Every person bringing a game to MGC will be handed 2 special painted quarters. It is asked that you place each quarter into a RARE game of your choosing that you personally think is both rare and plays great.
    RARE typically means it is not a common game to see for you, but I will leave this open to your interpretation.

Wouldn't want any category to be neglected. Have you considered handing out three quarters painted different colors, one for each category? (I suppose that may lead to wrong category votes; you could just ignore those. It'd help to Sharpie them with EM, SS or DMD.) More votes = more fun!

Is a card describing a game's history/rarity allowed? Or was that already discussed?

#168 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nelly:

What category would a game with an LCD display fall into? Non-DMD (which I assume would put it with all the alphanumeric type display games)?

What rare LCD game did you have in mind?

#178 8 years ago

One-offs are not rare, they are unique.

Looking at one at a show, well, there it is, 100% of them ever made, all one of them! Couldn't be less scarce; no unmet demand whatsoever. Nor is there anything surprising about the owner possessing it. Wasn't discovered in a barn, or even on Craigslist.

Cool as hell, sure! Awesome to be shared with the public, yes, of course! But not rare, technically.

#180 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

and that is the beauty of this fun little contest. YOU get to decide where to put your painted quarter.
    Everybody gets to decide where to put THEIR quarter.

And a good thing not everyone has my pedantic tendancies. Those people drive me crazy!

Hilton, were you going to answer my questions back in post #166?

#184 8 years ago

Didn't consider that you wouldn't get all the quarters back!

Game should play well? I have some work to do!

4 months later
    #205 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

I guess there should have been more of an announcement at the beginning of the after party. I was unaware of this contest until I just saw this thread, but this does now explain the 3 quarters I found in my Triple Strike at breakdown. Although not rare, I appreciate whoever voted for it.
    DanQverymuch- I played the heck out of that Fire Cracker, thanks for bringing it.

Except voting was supposed to be over when the party started! I had to go vote quick myself then.

Glad you liked Fire Cracker. I bet very few ever saw it before yet it still got no white quarters. Chicago Coin gets no respect!

I'm glad that the contest will be reprised next year, I should have Roto ready by then!

#207 8 years ago

Yes, it was a success, and thanks for your effort, Hilton! What ever works perfectly the first time it is tried? It was still yet another reason MGC rules!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-rare-challenge?tu=danqverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.